Ask a question
Advanced Aerobics 100 Hours Certificate Course
Advanced Aerobics course online. Home Study. Develop a comprehensive understanding of fitness Develops an understanding of the fitness industry, skills to explain exercise, and its importance to human health. Prerequisites: A first aid certificate (eg. St Johns) and an understanding of human biology (eg. Human Anatomy and Physiology); or equivalent. Self paced distance learning course.
Home Study/Online Course. Learn how to be a great aerobics instructor! Lessons in this online course cover elements necessary for a career in aerobic instruction such as class design, leadership, and organising classes.
Course Structure: Advanced Aerobics BRE208
There are 6 lessons:
- Organising a Class
- Understanding differences in anaerobic and aerobic energy supply
- The importance of proper breathing
- Different training responses
- Movements in aerobics
- Methods of teaching
- Music and sound systems
- Safety and Efficiency
- What is safety
- Incorrect exercises
- Safety in other aerobic activities
- First aid considerations
- Oxygen equipment
- Identifying hazards
- Legal liability
- How to provide protection for yourself
- Pre-screnning of clients and medical clearance
- Managing the Workload
- Fitness and heart rates
- Fitness tests and assessment
- What do we test
- What can we measure
- Body weight and percentage fat
- Hydrostatic - underwater weighing
- Lung capacity
- Cardiovascular scoring
- Field evaluation of cardiorespiratory endurance
- 12 Minute fitness test
- Designing fitness tests
- Test conditions and test combinations
- Managing exercise programs
- Devising sets of relevant exercises
- Types of classes
- Classes for different types of people
- Motivational factors
- Dealing with complaints
- Class Design
- Fitness/Aerobics Class Design
- Recommended Practices
- Writing a exercise program
- A typical aerobics class - Introduction, warm up, main exercises and recovery.
- Muscle conditioning during the class
- Concluding the exercise program
- Exercises for specific problems
- Leadership and Participation
- Leadership concepts
- Leadership responsibilities
- Leadership communication
- Common communication barriers
- Understanding body language
- Desirable leadership characteristics
Learning Goals: Advanced Aerobics
- Plan and organise effective cohesive exercises to use with music and for progressive long
- Devise sets of relevant exercises into class programs
- Relate sequences of exercises to music tracks
- Purchase a tape and map out various songs using correct music mapping
- Learn the Add On, Link and Linear Progression methods of teaching aerobics
- Gain a knowledge of music licensing
- Recognise and observe all guidelines for safety and efficiency of movement.
- Design exercise to music classes, using safe exercise practices and movements.
- Understand equipment considerations, maintenance and usage.
- Understand the importance of ventilation, temperature, floor surface, hygiene, correct
- clothing and footwear.
- Determine different class intensity and duration
- Measure the workload during a class, and use training components to design classes that are well graded.
- Compose correct techniques in exercising and teach by example and verbal instruction,
- Understand recommended practises - layering, visual preview, choreography and phrasing.
- Identify the different components of a class.
- Explain how to cater for different levels of fitness and special populations.
- Lead an exercise to music class, using appropriate teaching principles.
- Participate in a variety of exercise to music classes, moving in a controlled and efficient manner.
- Identify common injuries, treatment and prevention, for participants in aerobics classes.
- Identify current trends, facts and fallacies concerning aerobics.
Learn how to maintain a healthy heart, lungs and circulatory system. Aerobic fitness is critical to maintaining a quality of life and ability to simply move easily without pain or difficulty; whatever age a person is.
This course develops both an understanding of aerobic fitness, and a capacity to help others maintain their level of aerobic fitness, whether as a fitness leader, life coach, sports or health professional, concerned friend or in any other capacity whatsoever.
|How Do Our Tuition Fees Compare?||Full time classroom based Further Education Courses - Approx. £5,000 per year - Part-time classroom based Adult Education Courses - Approx. £7.00 per hour - N.B. classroom tuition means you learn at the pace of the class. One-to-one private tuition - from £15.00 per hour - ADL one-to-one tution fees - From £340 per 100 Hour Course = Average of £3.40 per hour - N.B. one-to-one tuition is tailored to your own individual learning availability and pace.|
|Course Start||Begin your learning at any time.|
|Course Prerequisite||None - Our course levels are an indication of the depth of learning you should receive. They do not describe the level of difficulty.|
|Course Qualification (Study Option A)||Endorsed Qualification from TQUK - Training Qualifications UK, an Ofqual Approved Awarding Organisation - Completed written assignments and final evaluation per course/module to be taken.|
|Course Qualification (Study Option B)||Certificate of Attainment from ADL - Completed written assignments only - no final evaluation.|
|Comparative Credits Information||UK Course Credits: 10 - U.S. Credit Hours: 3 - when compared to regulated courses.|
|Course Duration and Deadlines||Course hours given are a guide only. You will be encouraged to work at your own pace to learn as much as you can, with no assignment deadlines or end date by which you must complete your course by. You are in control!|
|Study Support||Personal tutor/mentor support from industry relevant professionals throughout your whole course. Mentors are contactable by e-mail, telephone and through the Moodle online classroom. They provide assistance with your course material, plus discuss, explain and give advice when needed. They will also mark and grade your assignments, plus provide constructive and helpful feedback vital to your success.|
|Suitability for Self Employment and Small Businesses||Our courses are ideal for sole traders and small business owners and their staff. Customer confidence in what you can do will determine how successful you are in getting clients. Doing the job right using the correct knowledge and skills, leads to repeat business and referrals to friends, family and work colleagues. Completing one or more of our courses for the service you have to offer, will give you the tools to achieve this and grow your business.|
|Recognition of Your Course By Employers||We aim to achieve the correct balance between your qualification being recognised and providing you with the in-depth learning, to empower you to succeed. If you can demonstrate that you have the level of knowledge and transferable skills necessary to an employer, you should stand out from someone who has only received a superficial understanding of what's required - Select study option A when enrolling, so an employer can check the status of the awarding organisation for your qualification on the Ofqual Register.|
|Recognition of Your Course By Universities||As you will see on our Testimonials page, previous students have used their qualification from us to get into university. However each one will have its own entrance criteria and acceptance may also depend on your other qualifications and experience. We can approach up to three universities on your behalf with details of our course before you enrol, so you will know whether it will be accepted as part of their application process. Please complete our contact form and we will begin the process.|
|Designing Your Own Qualification||Bundle up your choice of related courses to form your own qualification. Our Advanced Certificates (4 courses), Diplomas (6 courses), Advanced Diplomas (8 courses) and Higher Advanced Diplomas (12 courses), are used to differentiate between the in-depth knowledge and skills you will acquire in your chosen area of study. e.g. Advanced Certificate in Turf Care Management, which includes individual courses: Turf Care, Sports Turf Care, Turf Repair and Renovation and Turf Grasses.|
|How Can I Enrol?||Online by selecting your study option, learning materials, plus payment option and then clicking the Enrol Now button - By contacting us for an application form - By telephoning us on 01227 789 649 (International: 0044 1227 789 649). Lines open 9am till 5pm Monday to Friday, excluding Bank Holidays and between Christmas and New Year.|
|How Can I Get a Pro-forma Invoice for my Employer?||Contact us with details and we will email your employer an invoice. We will need: employer's name, address, telephone number, email address and contact name. We will also require your name, telephone number, email address, date of birth and the course and code you wish to enrol for.|
Advanced Aerobics 100 Hours Certificate Course
"Fantastic Teacher. Well organised modules. Assignments force me to learn and research more so I can prepare well for exams. I really enjoyed studying via ADL. I can now continue study at Ulster University which accept my certificate from ADL". Level 4, Advanced Certificate in Applied Science, VSC001, Stanislawa, Poland.
Its with great pleasure I am announcing you my new job as 'Park Manager' for a 5 star hotel in Reunion Island. Its definitely my courses with ADL (Botany, Agronomy and Trees for Rehabilitation) which were decisive for my nomination. Accordingly, my sincere thanks goes to all the ADL team.
"The course was a valuable learning experience as it provided me with the knowledge and understanding for me as a Careers Advisor. The feedback was very good from my tutor, and allowed me to build upon my assignments that were marked. The comments were very informative and very useful. Well written course material." Andrew W, Careers Counselling, UKMore Reviews....