Hydroponics 400 Hours Advanced Certificate Course
Hello, what is the course duration? It does not say if I have a year or two years or whatever the timeline there is no timeline given. Also, where does exams take place in the UK, in Netherlands, in Namibia so online or physical test centre. Is it safe to assume there are 4 modules so 4 exams? Or are there an exam for each lesson? Another question, last one, will course materials still be available after I have written the exams or is access limited with a time line as well? If you can please let me know and thank you in advance.
Hello and thank you for getting in touch with us.
There are no deadlines with our courses. The course hours given on the course as a guide only is 400, but all students are encouraged to work at their own pace, in order to learn as much as they can. There is an exam at the end of each module, so your assumption of there being four is correct. Examinations are taken at a time and place chosen by you and agreed with us. They do not have to be taken at a physical test centre and they can be taken in your own country.
You will have access to your course after completion, although it is worth noting that because the material is in a pdf. format, you can download everything and save it to a USB or on your computer.
We hope that this answers your questions and please come back to us if you need any more information.
Ask a question
Hydroponics 400 Hours Advanced Certificate Course
Advanced Certificate in Hydroponics course online. Understand how to grow plants without soil. This course provides an understanding of modern technology and its application to growing plants, with emphasis on hydroponic production.
This course comes with a complimentary copy of Commercial Hydroponics, as some of the lessons involve set reading from this EBook
Learning Goals: Advanced Certificate in Hydroponics VHT032
- Discuss the nature and scope of hydroponics systems
- Describe how plants grow and their nutrient requirements in a hydroponic system
- Compare a range of hydroponic systems
- Explain the basic management of nutrient solutions in a hydroponic system
- Understand the horticultural techniques used to maximise cropping in hydroponics, including treatment of plant disorders and the implementation of production schedules
- The ability to produce a hydroponic vegetable crop
- Understand the methods used to produce a cut flower crop hydroponically
- Compare growing media and systems and understand the differences
- Understand the operations and management of a greenhouse and hydroponic system
- Plan a hydroponic enterprise
- Determine and explain factors that influence the growth of a crop.
- Design and conduct a trial to evaluate the commercial prospect of growing a chosen hydroponic crop
- Determine appropriate harvest and post harvest treatments for different types of hydroponic crops.
- Determine an appropriate procedure for hydroponic production of a commercial tomato crop in any given location.
- Determine an appropriate procedure for hydroponic production of a commercial capsicum crop in any given location.
- Determine an appropriate procedure for hydroponic production of a commercial Lettuce, Salad Greens and Foliage Herb Crops in any given location.
- Determine an appropriate procedure for hydroponic production of a commercial cucurbit crop in any given location.
- Determine an appropriate procedure for hydroponic production of a commercial strawberry crop in any given location.
- Determine an appropriate procedure for hydroponic production of a commercial cut flower rose crop in any given location.
- Determine an appropriate procedure for hydroponic production of a commercial cut flower carnation crop in any given location.
- Determine an appropriate procedure for hydroponic production of a commercial cut flower Orchid crop in any given location.
- Describe different approaches to cultural operations in hydroponics and demonstrate awareness of the similarities and differences between organic and hydroponic produce and techniques.
- Describe how to plan a hydroponic operation through site and crop selection, matching a system with a crop, materials, resources and services required, and site layout; for different specific crops
- Discuss system design components such as pumps, NFT channels, grow beds, solution tanks, media, pipes and irrigation fittings in terms of size, type, and material options, for different systems and specific crops
- Provide details of how to manage a hydroponic system in hot, humid conditions such as in tropical or subtropical areas or in summer in temperate areas, for different specific crops
- Explain options for water management such as water sources, quality, testing, treatments, and use in recirculating and non-recirculating systems
- Explain and recommend different types of nutrient formulations, and advanced methods of detecting toxicities and deficiencies for different specific crops
- Recommend methods of controlling nutrient level concentrations through taking EC, pH and temperature measurements; and maintaining nutrient levels for different specific crops
- Recommend awareness of natural and other methods of pest and disease control such as biological controls as part of IPM and nutrient and pH manipulation for different pests and diseases
- Explain the role of marketing in business and the importance of marketing in the business plan.
- Assess the relative importance of marketing planning and to determine marketing strategies in relation to farming.
- Identify target markets to select suitable marketing methods.
- Explain the physical handling of products in the marketing process, including packaging, labelling, presentation and transportation.
- Plan to maintain sound customer relations in an agricultural business.
- Conduct market research into a product or service in the agricultural industry.
- Plan to manage the promotional program for an agricultural business.
- Develop strategies to manage the marketing of an agricultural enterprise
Lesson Structure: Advanced Certificate in Hydroponics VHT032
You will need to complete the following four modules:
There are 10 lessons
- How a Plant Grows
- Hydroponic Systems
- Nutrition & Nutrition management
- Plant Culture
- Hydroponic Vegetable Production
- Hydroponic Cut Flower Production
- Solid Media vs Nutrient Film
- Greenhouse Operation & Management
- Special Assignment
There are 11 lessons
- How the Crop Plant Grows
- How to Run a Small Evaluation Trial
- Harvest and Post Harvest
- Lettuce, Salad Greens and Foliage Herb Crops
- Cucurbits (Cucumber and Melons)
There are 8 lessons
- Options for Managing Plant Culture
- Planning a Hydroponic Operation
- System Design Components
- Managing a Hydroponic System in Hot, Humid Conditions
- Water Management
- Nutrient Formulation
- Controlling Nutrient Levels
- Pest & Disease Control
There are 8 lessons
- Agricultural Marketing Concepts
- Farm Marketing Objectives and Strategies
- Target Marketing
- Market Segmentation
- Customer Relations
- Market Research
- Managing Marketing
Note: Each module in this Advanced Certificate is a certificate in its own right, and may be studied separately for £325.00 and broken up into 2 monthly payments. Click on the course links to see a breakdown of what each lesson in a module will teach you.
|How Do Our Tuition Fees Compare?||Full time classroom based Further Education Courses - Approx. £5,000 per year - Part-time classroom based Adult Education Courses - Approx. £7.00 per hour - N.B. classroom tuition means you learn at the pace of the class. One-to-one private tuition - from £15.00 per hour - ADL one-to-one tution fees - From £340 per 100 Hour Course = Average of £3.40 per hour - N.B. one-to-one tuition is tailored to your own individual learning availability and pace.|
|Course Start||Begin your learning at any time.|
|Course Prerequisite||None - Our course levels are an indication of the depth of learning you should receive. They do not describe the level of difficulty.|
|Course Qualification (Study Option A)||Endorsed Qualification from TQUK - Training Qualifications UK, an Ofqual Approved Awarding Organisation - Completed written assignments and final evaluation per course/module to be taken.|
|Course Qualification (Study Option B)||Certificate of Attainment from ADL - Completed written assignments only - no final evaluation.|
|Comparative Credits Information||UK Course Credits: 40 - U.S. Credit Hours: 12 - when compared to regulated courses.|
|Course Duration and Deadlines||Course hours given are a guide only. You will be encouraged to work at your own pace to learn as much as you can, with no assignment deadlines or end date by which you must complete your course by. You are in control!|
|Study Support||Personal tutor/mentor support from industry relevant professionals throughout your whole course. Mentors are contactable by e-mail, telephone and through the Moodle online classroom. They provide assistance with your course material, plus discuss, explain and give advice when needed. They will also mark and grade your assignments, plus provide constructive and helpful feedback vital to your success.|
|Suitability for Self Employment and Small Businesses||Our courses are ideal for sole traders and small business owners and their staff. Customer confidence in what you can do will determine how successful you are in getting clients. Doing the job right using the correct knowledge and skills, leads to repeat business and referrals to friends, family and work colleagues. Completing one or more of our courses for the service you have to offer, will give you the tools to achieve this and grow your business.|
|Recognition of Your Course By Employers||We aim to achieve the correct balance between your qualification being recognised and providing you with the in-depth learning, to empower you to succeed. If you can demonstrate that you have the level of knowledge and transferable skills necessary to an employer, you should stand out from someone who has only received a superficial understanding of what's required - Select study option A when enrolling, so an employer can check the status of the awarding organisation for your qualification on the Ofqual Register.|
|Recognition of Your Course By Universities||As you will see on our Testimonials page, previous students have used their qualification from us to get into university. However each one will have its own entrance criteria and acceptance may also depend on your other qualifications and experience. We can approach up to three universities on your behalf with details of our course before you enrol, so you will know whether it will be accepted as part of their application process. Please complete our contact form and we will begin the process.|
|Designing Your Own Qualification||Bundle up your choice of related courses to form your own qualification. Our Advanced Certificates (4 courses), Diplomas (6 courses), Advanced Diplomas (8 courses) and Higher Advanced Diplomas (12 courses), are used to differentiate between the in-depth knowledge and skills you will acquire in your chosen area of study. e.g. Advanced Certificate in Turf Care Management, which includes individual courses: Turf Care, Sports Turf Care, Turf Repair and Renovation and Turf Grasses.|
|How Can I Enrol?||Online by selecting your study option, learning materials, plus payment option and then clicking the Enrol Now button - By contacting us for an application form - By telephoning us on 01227 789 649 (International: 0044 1227 789 649). Lines open 9am till 5pm Monday to Friday, excluding Bank Holidays and between Christmas and New Year.|
|How Can I Get a Pro-forma Invoice for my Employer?||Contact us with details and we will email your employer an invoice. We will need: employer's name, address, telephone number, email address and contact name. We will also require your name, telephone number, email address, date of birth and the course and code you wish to enrol for.|
"Fantastic Teacher. Well organised modules. Assignments force me to learn and research more so I can prepare well for exams. I really enjoyed studying via ADL. I can now continue study at Ulster University which accept my certificate from ADL". Level 4, Advanced Certificate in Applied Science, VSC001, Stanislawa, Poland.
Its with great pleasure I am announcing you my new job as 'Park Manager' for a 5 star hotel in Reunion Island. Its definitely my courses with ADL (Botany, Agronomy and Trees for Rehabilitation) which were decisive for my nomination. Accordingly, my sincere thanks goes to all the ADL team.
"The course was a valuable learning experience as it provided me with the knowledge and understanding for me as a Careers Advisor. The feedback was very good from my tutor, and allowed me to build upon my assignments that were marked. The comments were very informative and very useful. Well written course material." Andrew W, Careers Counselling, UKMore Reviews....