Advanced Certificate in Personal Training
Ask a question
Advanced Certificate in Personal Training
Advanced Certificate in Personal Training course online. Develop a foundation to work in the field of fitness! This distance learning course focuses on teaching the theory and practical skills needed to work successfully in the fitness field. Developed by fitness leaders with experience in different countries, so it is globally relevant and can be adapted to any fitness context. It is aimed at students who wish to work as fitness leaders in gymnasiums, health clubs, etc. Students should check with potential employers prior to enrolling as to their qualification/registration requirements.
To obtain a Fitness Leaders Certificate, students must meet the following five requirements:
- Complete the Fitness Leader's Certificate Core Theory which incorporates key sections of Human Biology IA, Human Biology IB, and Health and Fitness I (and incorporates EFK Level 1 & 2 requirements for the UK)
- Undertake 40 hours of practical at an approved fitness centre (under the supervision of a reputable instructor).
- Obtain a current First Aid Certificate that includes resuscitation (Red Cross, St. John's Ambulance for example).
- Sit and pass four examinations.
- Complete one additional specialist course chosen from either Aquafitness, Resistance & Gym Supervision, or Advanced Aerobics.
Lesson Structure: Advanced Certificate in Personal Training VRE004
- Anatomy and Physiology (Human Biology IA) BSC101
- Human Biology III - Cardio Respiratory Performance BSC301
- Human Biology II - Muscles & Movement BSC202
- Resistance & Gym Supervision
Learning Goals: Advanced Certificate in Personal Training VRE004
- The aim of the core theory courses is to elevate the standard of core knowledge and competency for people working in the field of fitness through the provision of a pre-service education program.
- The aim of specialty modules is to contextualise and expand the learning process and competencies into one of the recognised registered categories.
On successful completion of this module you will have developed:
- Abilities in describing the nature and extent of the health and fitness industry
- Abilities in explaining exercise and its importance to health and fitness
- Skills in preparation and delivery of basic fitness programs
- An ability to explain basic human anatomy and physiology
- An ability to describe bioenergetics and environmental aspects of human biology
|Recognised Issuing Body||TQUK - Training Qualifications UK, an Ofqual Approved Awarding Organisation.|
|Course Prerequisite||- Complete the Fitness Leader's - Certificate Core Theory which incorporates key sections of Human Biology IA, Human Biology IB, and Health and Fitness I (and incorporates EFK Level 1 & 2 requirements for the UK) - Undertake 40 hours of practical at an approved fitness centre (under the supervision of a reputable instructor). - Obtain a current First Aid Certificate that includes resuscitation (Red Cross, St. John's Ambulance for example). - Sit and pass four examinations. - Complete one additional specialist course chosen from either Aquafitness, Resistance & Gym Supervision, or Advanced Aerobics.|
|Course Qualification||Level 4 Advanced Certificate in Personal Training|
|Exam Required?||Finalised with an exam/test|
|UK Course Credits||40 Credits|
|US Course Credit Hours||12 Credit Hours|
|Study Support||You'll be allocated your own personal tutor/mentor who will support and mentor you throughout your whole course. Our tutors/mentors have been specifically chosen for their business expertise, qualifications and must be active within their industry. Tutors are contactable by e-mail, telephone and through our Moodle Student Support Zone online. Tutors are there to provide assistance with course material, discuss, explain and give advice and support throughout the whole programme. Their feedback is vital to your success.|
"Fantastic Teacher. Well organised modules. Assignments force me to learn and research more so I can prepare well for exams. I really enjoyed studying via ADL. I can now continue study at Ulster University which accept my certificate from ADL". Level 4, Advanced Certificate in Applied Science, VSC001, Stanislawa, Poland.
Its with great pleasure I am announcing you my new job as 'Park Manager' for a 5 star hotel in Reunion Island. Its definitely my courses with ADL (Botany, Agronomy and Tree for Rehabilitation) which were decisive for my nomination. Accordingly, my sincere thanks goes to all the ADL team.
"The course was a valuable learning experience as it provided me with the knowledge and understanding for me as a Careers Advisor. The feedback was very good from my tutor, and allowed me to build upon my assignments that were marked. The comments were very informative and very useful. Well written course material." Andrew W, Careers Counselling, UK
"It exceeded my expectations. It was more comprehensive than I expected and the assignments really stimulated deep study of the subject. Thank you for your guidance. I am delighted with my certificate and will recommend this course and ADL to my friends and colleagues." G Flaherty, Ornithology BEN102, Ireland
"I want to thank you for the course - Hotel Management- I've just finished now. The course was comprehensive and well edited. For sure it can give a new worker in the hospitality industry the basic theoretical and practical knowledge required". Daniel K, Hotel Management, Romania
"Upon completing the Interior Plants Course I was offered my dream job. Taking this class was one of the best decisions I've made, the information I received was invaluable. Thank you ADL". Meg V, Interior Plants, Florida, USA.
“I am delighted to report that I passed the exam and received a “Pass with Commendation”. I appreciate very much the detail that you went into, in the correction of my assignments and I found your advice and extra subject information invaluable in advancing my interest and knowledge in horticulture”. Go raibh mile maith agat! (a thousand thanks!) Colin, RHS Cert II, Ireland
"Although my main interest in Earth Science is Geology I found this course excellent. The course notes were very interesting and useful throughout the course. Thank you to the ADL staff for their excellent service" Barry. Earth Science
"I received good feedback, and had an efficient turnaround of assignments, useful comments and grades to analyse." Andrew, Calf Rearing
"I enjoyed the course and developed a good understanding of learning and behaviour disorders. I feel this will be helpful in my role as a Clerk at a local primary school". The course met my expectations and I enjoyed the challenge of learning about conditions i knew little about. The presentation of the course and the opportunity to communicate with my tutor was valuable. I enjoyed the course so much , I am planning to do another! Jennifer C, Developmental Learning and Behavioural Disorders in Children and Adolescents, UK