Ask a question
Fitness Science 800 Hours Advanced Diploma
Learning Goals - Core Modules - Health & Fitness I, II and III: Advanced Diploma in Fitness Science VRE123
- To explain the nature of the health and fitness industries.
- To explain the relationship between the body and health, fitness & exercise, with reference to physiological processes.
- To explain the relationship between the body and health, fitness & exercise, with respect to risk involved in exercise.
- To evaluate body movements during different exercises.
- To design fitness programs, which are both safe and effective, to fulfil specified requirements of an individual.
- To deliver a fitness program to a small group of clients.
- To manage the well-being of participants in a fitness program, including safety and injury.
- To design fitness programs, which are both safe and effective, catering to needs of special populations (including weight control programs and programs for handicapped/disabled persons).
- Explain the relationship between fitness and well-being.
- Determine a persons level of health and fitness according to physiological data.
- Manage fitness testing services to a standard practised in gymnasiums and health clubs.
- Design Fitness Tests to a standard practised in gymnasiums and health clubs.
- Explain the management of resistance training, including equipment and exercise programs.
- Develop an exercise program.
- Manage exercise programs, including monitoring and recommendations.
- Effectively lead a fitness program, to any number of people, including large groups or on an individual basis.
- Explain health risk factors in modern society.
- Analyse the health care system, to determine preferred options for different individuals.
- Determine social factors which may effect the status of health and fitness.
- Evaluate different individual approaches to managing health and fitness, including both services and facilities.
- Compare different fitness tests for different motor abilities.
- Demonstrate statistical techniques used to analyse fitness test results.
- Use fitness tests to analyse different sports skills.
Please click on links to elective modules to view their learning goals
Course Structure: Advanced Diploma in Fitness Science VRE123
- Three Health and Fitness Core (compulsory) modules
- Four science based modules
- Industry Project
The approximate duration of the program is 800 study hours, although this is only a guide and we encourage you to work at your own pace. There are no deadlines for assignments and you are not required to complete your studies by a specified end date. You are in control of how much you learn.
Gain an understanding of health, fitness and well-being with this foundation course for those wanting to become Fitness Instructors in: gymnasiums, holiday resorts, hotels, leisure centres, sporting environments, swimming pools, schools and more. This course is also ideal for anyone who working in or wishing to work in health food shops as as a Naturopath. More....
- undertake fitness testing manage fitness testing services develop exercise programs lead a fitness program, explain how cardiovascular responses vary and develop guidelines for weight training. More....
- Refine your existing fitness and management skills! This distance learning course in fitness evaluation and management develops skills in analysis, evaluation, and consequential management of health and fitness characteristics for a specific individual. Builds on Health and Fitness I and II. More....
Understand the relationship between our physical and mental processes. Our behaviour is influenced by both our psychological and our physical conditions. Moreover, our state of mind and our physical conditions affect each other. More....
The completion of an Industry Project or Work Experience are necessary components to complete in order to satisfy our qualification requirement. There are two options available to you to satisfy this requirement:
If you work in the industry that you have been studying; you may submit a reference from your employer, in an effort to satisfy this industry (ie. workplace project) requirement; on the basis of RPL (ie. recognition for prior learning), achieved through your current and past work experience.
The reference must indicate that you have skills and an awareness of your industry, which is sufficient for you to work in a position of responsibility.
If you do not work in the relevant industry, you need to undertake a project of approximately 100 hours as follows:
Procedure for a Workplace Project
This project is a major part of the course involving the number of hours relevant to the course (see above). Although the course does not contain mandatory work requirements, work experience is seen as highly desirable.
This project is based on applications in the work place and specifically aims to provide the student with the opportunity to apply and integrate skills and knowledge developed through various areas of formal study.
Students will design this project in consultation with a tutor to involve industry based activities in the area of specialised study which they select to follow in the course. The project outcomes may take the form of a written report, folio, visuals or a mixture of forms. Participants with relevant, current or past work experience will be given exemption from this project if they can provide suitable references from employers that show they have already fulfilled the requirements of this project (see Alternative 1.)
Students will be assessed on how well they achieve the goals and outcomes they originally set as part of their negotiations with their tutor. During each 100 hours of the project, the students will present three short progress reports. These progress reports will be taken into account when evaluating the final submission. The tutor must be satisfied that the work submitted is original.
|How Do Our Tuition Fees Compare?||Full time classroom based Further Education Courses - Approx. £5,000 per year - Part-time classroom based Adult Education Courses - Approx. £7.00 per hour - N.B. classroom tuition means you learn at the pace of the class. One-to-one private tuition - from £15.00 per hour - ADL one-to-one tution fees - From £340 per 100 Hour Course = Average of £3.40 per hour - N.B. one-to-one tuition is tailored to your own individual learning availability and pace.|
|Course Start||Begin your learning at any time.|
|Course Prerequisite||None - Our course levels are an indication of the depth of learning you should receive. They do not describe the level of difficulty.|
|Course Qualification (Study Option A)||Endorsed Qualification from TQUK - Training Qualifications UK, an Ofqual Approved Awarding Organisation - Completed written assignments and final evaluation per course/module to be taken.|
|Course Qualification (Study Option B)||Certificate of Attainment from ADL - Completed written assignments only - no final evaluation.|
|Comparative Credits Information||UK Course Credits: 10 - U.S. Credit Hours: 3 - when compared to regulated courses.|
|Course Duration and Deadlines||Course hours given are a guide only. You will be encouraged to work at your own pace to learn as much as you can, with no assignment deadlines or end date by which you must complete your course by. You are in control!|
|Study Support||Personal tutor/mentor support from industry relevant professionals throughout your whole course. Mentors are contactable by e-mail, telephone and through the Moodle online classroom. They provide assistance with your course material, plus discuss, explain and give advice when needed. They will also mark and grade your assignments, plus provide constructive and helpful feedback vital to your success.|
|Suitability for Self Employment and Small Businesses||Our courses are ideal for sole traders and small business owners and their staff. Customer confidence in what you can do will determine how successful you are in getting clients. Doing the job right using the correct knowledge and skills, leads to repeat business and referrals to friends, family and work colleagues. Completing one or more of our courses for the service you have to offer, will give you the tools to achieve this and grow your business.|
|Recognition of Your Course By Employers||We aim to achieve the correct balance between your qualification being recognised and providing you with the in-depth learning, to empower you to succeed. If you can demonstrate that you have the level of knowledge and transferable skills necessary to an employer, you should stand out from someone who has only received a superficial understanding of what's required - Select study option A when enrolling, so an employer can check the status of the awarding organisation for your qualification on the Ofqual Register.|
|Recognition of Your Course By Universities||As you will see on our Testimonials page, previous students have used their qualification from us to get into university. However each one will have its own entrance criteria and acceptance may also depend on your other qualifications and experience. We can approach up to three universities on your behalf with details of our course before you enrol, so you will know whether it will be accepted as part of their application process. Please complete our contact form and we will begin the process.|
|Designing Your Own Qualification||Bundle up your choice of related courses to form your own qualification. Our Advanced Certificates (4 courses), Diplomas (6 courses), Advanced Diplomas (8 courses) and Higher Advanced Diplomas (12 courses), are used to differentiate between the in-depth knowledge and skills you will acquire in your chosen area of study. e.g. Advanced Certificate in Turf Care Management, which includes individual courses: Turf Care, Sports Turf Care, Turf Repair and Renovation and Turf Grasses.|
|How Can I Enrol?||Online by selecting your study option, learning materials, plus payment option and then clicking the Enrol Now button - By contacting us for an application form - By telephoning us on 01227 789 649 (International: 0044 1227 789 649). Lines open 9am till 5pm Monday to Friday, excluding Bank Holidays and between Christmas and New Year.|
|How Can I Get a Pro-forma Invoice for my Employer?||Contact us with details and we will email your employer an invoice. We will need: employer's name, address, telephone number, email address and contact name. We will also require your name, telephone number, email address, date of birth and the course and code you wish to enrol for.|
Fitness Science 800 Hours Advanced Diploma
"Fantastic Teacher. Well organised modules. Assignments force me to learn and research more so I can prepare well for exams. I really enjoyed studying via ADL. I can now continue study at Ulster University which accept my certificate from ADL". Level 4, Advanced Certificate in Applied Science, VSC001, Stanislawa, Poland.
Its with great pleasure I am announcing you my new job as 'Park Manager' for a 5 star hotel in Reunion Island. Its definitely my courses with ADL (Botany, Agronomy and Trees for Rehabilitation) which were decisive for my nomination. Accordingly, my sincere thanks goes to all the ADL team.
"The course was a valuable learning experience as it provided me with the knowledge and understanding for me as a Careers Advisor. The feedback was very good from my tutor, and allowed me to build upon my assignments that were marked. The comments were very informative and very useful. Well written course material." Andrew W, Careers Counselling, UKMore Reviews....