Food And Nutrition 800 Hours Advanced Diploma
Good morning, I am looking into one of your nutritional courses and on point number 14 (14. 100 hours of industry meetings. for more details please see: http://adlhomestudy.co.uk/learning/workplace-projects) I already work in a beverage industry would this still apply to me or will I need to get 100 hour meetings with my employer?
Hi, I'm wondering whether you know of any official or regulatory bodies which you can register with with this course? Just so I have an idea of which specific sectors in my own region I'd be able to apply for work with? Thanks!
Thank you for your question Kirsty. We do not know of a legal regulatory body that you can or indeed need to register this course with, There are professional bodies with their own courses, but they may or may not be viewed as being of any more value than our own course. This is because, employers are quite often more interested in what a course has taught, rather than where the qualification came from. Our courses have been written by industry relevant professionals and updated on a regular basis to remain of value to employers. They have also been assessed by an independent organisation, so it is this organisation which has deemed the Advanced Diploma as a level 6 standard, not ourselves. Finally, we are a recognised Centre for TQUK - An Ofqual approved Awarding Organisation. Every layer of recognition by independent bodies help employers to know that you have studied a respected course that has taught you to a high level and standard.
How well is this diploma recognized in the UK? What kind of certificate do you receive after finishing this course. And can I do the 100 practical/industry hours in my homecountry in India? Will that be accepted towards this course?
ADL courses are recognised worldwide. This course is also approved by the CMA, whom you can read about here: http://www.the-cma.org.uk. Once you complete the course, you will have your qualification issued by ADL and by ASIQUAL. You can do the 100 hour practical at your locality, provided it fulfills the criteria requested.
Ask a question
Food And Nutrition 800 Hours Advanced Diploma
Advanced Diploma in Food and Nutrition course online. Home Study - Distance Learning. Expand your nutritional knowledge! This diploma expands on the subject of nutrition and health, will give a competitive edge for people wanting to work in the field of Nutrition. It covers essential elements of different areas of nutrition, the human body and health, as well as research projects. Self paced online course.
In order to graduate with this Advanced Diploma you need to complete 8 modules of your choice from the list below, plus 100 hours work experience/industry meetings are required to. The 8 modules may be studied in any combination. Work Experience can be satisfied by showing documentary proof of attendance at a combination of seminars, conferences, trade shows and/or meetings.
Work in the Food and Nutrition Industry and get qualified through distance learning - Online, CD-ROM or Traditional Correspondence
Learn to understand the body, the food we eat and how it effects our: mental, emotional health (state of mind), and physical health. We all need to eat, but sadly many people do not properly understand what they are eating.
Employment opportunites for Graduates of these courses would be in providing nutritional advice, food service, food poduction, food marketing, complimentary medicine and allied health or any other food and nutrition related enterprises.
What have our students been saying about us?:
Lesson Structure: Advanced Diploma In Food And Nutrition VRE003
Chooseeight (8) modules from the list below, inclusive of Research Project I:
The course is made up of the following 100 hour long modules:
- Human Nutrition I BRE102
- Introduction to Nutrition
- The Digestive System
- Absorption & Enzymes
- Energy Value and Foods
- Carbohydrates and Fats
- Vitamins and Minerals
- Nutrient Disorders
- Human Nutrition II BRE202
- Cooking And Its Effect On Nutrition
- Food Processing And Its Effect On Nutrition
- Recommended Daily Intake Of Nutrients
- Planning A Balanced Diet
- Assessing Nutritional Status & Needs
- Timing Of Meals & Needs For Special Groups
- Human Nutrition III BRE302
- Problems With Eating
- Dental Problems
- Fibre and Bowel Diseases
- Different Ways of Eating
- Food Toxicity A
- Food Toxicity B
- Detoxification/Body Cleansing
- Consulting/Giving Advice
- Children's Nutrition BRE304
- Introduction to Child Nutrition
- Nutrition for Pre-Pregnancy
- Nutrition in Pregnancy
- Nutrition in Infants
- Nutrition in Childhood
- Nutritional Concerns
- Healthy Eating Behaviours
- Issues in Child Nutrition
- Childhood Obesity
- Diet Plans
- Anatomy and Physiology (Human Biology IA) BSC101
- Cells & Tissues: Explains the human body at a microscopic level, including the structure and function of cells, tissues and membranes.
- The Skeleton: Examines features of the human skeletal system.
- The Muscular System: Describes the human muscular system, in terms of structure and basic function.
- The Nervous System: Looks at the human nervous system, in terms of structure and basic functions.
- Digestion & Excretion: Explains different physiological systems of digestion and excretion in the body.
- Physiological Systems: Focuses on the different physiological systems of the body.
- Human Biology II - Muscles & Movement BSC202
- How Nerves Work: how nerves cause reactions in the human body.
- Nerves & Motor Skills: how the nervous system affects motor skill performance
- Skeletal Muscle: function and structure of skeletal muscle in the human body
- Muscle Organisation: organisation of muscle tissue in the human body
- Muscular Movement: mechanics of muscular movement
- Muscular Development: development of muscular strength and muscular endurance.
- Muscle Flexibility: selecting muscular flexibility exercises
- Muscles & Posture: significance of muscles to posture and general well being.
- Human Biology III - Cardio Respiratory Performance BSC301
- The Science of Blood
- Blood Pressure
- Pulmonary Ventilation
- Gas Exchange & Transport
- Blood Flow & Gas Transport
- Cardio Respiratory Control
- Cardio Respiratory Disease
- Research Project I BGN102
- Determining Research Needs
- Searching For Information
- Research Methods
- Using Statistics
- Conducting Statistical Research
- Research Reports
- Reporting On A Research Project.
- Research Project II BGN201
- Identifying research issues
- Acquisition of technical information
- Specialised research techniques
- Research planning and designing
- Conducting research
- Research Project III BGN202
- Determining research priorities.
- Planning research improvement
- Testing the viability of alternative approaches
- Conducting detailed research into commercial work procedures
- Developing an improved approach to a workplace procedure
- Biochemistry I - (Plants) BSC102
- Introduction to biochemistry
- Lipids and proteins
- Enzymes and hormones
- Nucleic acids
- Carbohydrate metabolism
- Acidity and alkalinity
- Chemical analysis
- Biochemical applications
- Sports Nutrition BRE303
- Introduction to Human and Sports Nutrition
- Energy in the Athlete’s Body
- The Training Diet
- The Competition Diet
- The Athlete’s Body Composition
- Weight Management
- Training for Size and the Use of Sports Supplements
- Food and Beverage Management BTR102
- Human Nutrition in Food Service Industries: This covers all the major food groups and their importance in a nutritional diet. Also including factors in nutrition from compatibility and range of ingredients through to healthy cooking and eating methods.
- Cooking: Includes various cooking methods for a variety of different foods, covering both palatability and digestibility through to the nutritional value in processing foods.
- Kitchen & Food Management: Learn to maximise efficiency and service through proper management of kitchen facilities, including the handling of food storage and preparation, hygiene and ethics.
- Planning A Menu: Covering menu planning for the needs of special groups in different situations, including children; adolescents; elderly people; expectant and nursing mothers; immigrants; vegetarians and other health related diets.
- Alcoholic Beverages: Learn how to provide adequate variety and product knowledge in order to manage the provisions of alcoholic beverages appropriately for different situations.
- Tea, Coffee and Non-Alcoholic Beverages: This lesson provides an understanding of non-alcoholic beverages available in the catering industry and how they should be made and served.
- Scope & Nature Of Catering Services: Learn to understand the differences in appropriate management and catering for a variety of situations from pubs to a-la-carte.
- Personnel Management: (waiting skills, staffing a restaurant, kitchen etc) This lesson covers the management of people in the food and restaurant industry, including training programs, job specifications, recruitment etc.
- Management Of Catering Services: By consolidating the skills developed throughout this course you are given a comprehensive understanding of marketing through to food purchasing in order to effectively manage in the food and beverage industry.
14. 100 hours of industry meetings. for more details please see: http://adlhomestudy.co.uk/learning/workplace-projects
Note: that each module in this Advanced Diploma is a certificate in its own right, and may be studied separately.
What have our students been saying about us?:
|How Do Our Tuition Fees Compare?||Full time classroom based Further Education Courses - Approx. £5,000 per year - Part-time classroom based Adult Education Courses - Approx. £7.00 per hour - N.B. classroom tuition means you learn at the pace of the class. One-to-one private tuition - from £15.00 per hour - ADL one-to-one tution fees - From £340 per 100 Hour Course = Average of £3.40 per hour - N.B. one-to-one tuition is tailored to your own individual learning availability and pace.|
|Course Start||Begin your learning at any time.|
|Course Prerequisite||None - Our course levels are an indication of the depth of learning you should receive. They do not describe the level of difficulty.|
|Course Qualification (Study Option A)||Endorsed Qualification from TQUK - Training Qualifications UK, an Ofqual Approved Awarding Organisation - Completed written assignments and final evaluation per course/module to be taken.|
|Course Qualification (Study Option B)||Certificate of Attainment from ADL - Completed written assignments only - no final evaluation.|
|Comparative Credits Information||UK Course Credits: 80 - U.S. Credit Hours: 24 - when compared to regulated courses.|
|Course Duration and Deadlines||Course hours given are a guide only. You will be encouraged to work at your own pace to learn as much as you can, with no assignment deadlines or end date by which you must complete your course by. You are in control!|
|Study Support||Personal tutor/mentor support from industry relevant professionals throughout your whole course. Mentors are contactable by e-mail, telephone and through the Moodle online classroom. They provide assistance with your course material, plus discuss, explain and give advice when needed. They will also mark and grade your assignments, plus provide constructive and helpful feedback vital to your success.|
|Suitability for Self Employment and Small Businesses||Our courses are ideal for sole traders and small business owners and their staff. Customer confidence in what you can do will determine how successful you are in getting clients. Doing the job right using the correct knowledge and skills, leads to repeat business and referrals to friends, family and work colleagues. Completing one or more of our courses for the service you have to offer, will give you the tools to achieve this and grow your business.|
|Recognition of Your Course By Employers||We aim to achieve the correct balance between your qualification being recognised and providing you with the in-depth learning, to empower you to succeed. If you can demonstrate that you have the level of knowledge and transferable skills necessary to an employer, you should stand out from someone who has only received a superficial understanding of what's required - Select study option A when enrolling, so an employer can check the status of the awarding organisation for your qualification on the Ofqual Register.|
|Recognition of Your Course By Universities||As you will see on our Testimonials page, previous students have used their qualification from us to get into university. However each one will have its own entrance criteria and acceptance may also depend on your other qualifications and experience. We can approach up to three universities on your behalf with details of our course before you enrol, so you will know whether it will be accepted as part of their application process. Please complete our contact form and we will begin the process.|
|Designing Your Own Qualification||Bundle up your choice of related courses to form your own qualification. Our Advanced Certificates (4 courses), Diplomas (6 courses), Advanced Diplomas (8 courses) and Higher Advanced Diplomas (12 courses), are used to differentiate between the in-depth knowledge and skills you will acquire in your chosen area of study. e.g. Advanced Certificate in Turf Care Management, which includes individual courses: Turf Care, Sports Turf Care, Turf Repair and Renovation and Turf Grasses.|
|How Can I Enrol?||Online by selecting your study option, learning materials, plus payment option and then clicking the Enrol Now button - By contacting us for an application form - By telephoning us on 01227 789 649 (International: 0044 1227 789 649). Lines open 9am till 5pm Monday to Friday, excluding Bank Holidays and between Christmas and New Year.|
|How Can I Get a Pro-forma Invoice for my Employer?||Contact us with details and we will email your employer an invoice. We will need: employer's name, address, telephone number, email address and contact name. We will also require your name, telephone number, email address, date of birth and the course and code you wish to enrol for.|
"Fantastic Teacher. Well organised modules. Assignments force me to learn and research more so I can prepare well for exams. I really enjoyed studying via ADL. I can now continue study at Ulster University which accept my certificate from ADL". Level 4, Advanced Certificate in Applied Science, VSC001, Stanislawa, Poland.
Its with great pleasure I am announcing you my new job as 'Park Manager' for a 5 star hotel in Reunion Island. Its definitely my courses with ADL (Botany, Agronomy and Tree for Rehabilitation) which were decisive for my nomination. Accordingly, my sincere thanks goes to all the ADL team.
"The course was a valuable learning experience as it provided me with the knowledge and understanding for me as a Careers Advisor. The feedback was very good from my tutor, and allowed me to build upon my assignments that were marked. The comments were very informative and very useful. Well written course material." Andrew W, Careers Counselling, UK
"It exceeded my expectations. It was more comprehensive than I expected and the assignments really stimulated deep study of the subject. Thank you for your guidance. I am delighted with my certificate and will recommend this course and ADL to my friends and colleagues." G Flaherty, Ornithology BEN102, Ireland
"I want to thank you for the course - Hotel Management- I've just finished now. The course was comprehensive and well edited. For sure it can give a new worker in the hospitality industry the basic theoretical and practical knowledge required". Daniel K, Hotel Management, Romania
"Upon completing the Interior Plants Course I was offered my dream job. Taking this class was one of the best decisions I've made, the information I received was invaluable. Thank you ADL". Meg V, Interior Plants, Florida, USA.
“I am delighted to report that I passed the exam and received a “Pass with Commendation”. I appreciate very much the detail that you went into, in the correction of my assignments and I found your advice and extra subject information invaluable in advancing my interest and knowledge in horticulture”. Go raibh mile maith agat! (a thousand thanks!) Colin, RHS Cert II, Ireland
"Although my main interest in Earth Science is Geology I found this course excellent. The course notes were very interesting and useful throughout the course. Thank you to the ADL staff for their excellent service" Barry. Earth Science
"I received good feedback, and had an efficient turnaround of assignments, useful comments and grades to analyse." Andrew, Calf Rearing
"I enjoyed the course and developed a good understanding of learning and behaviour disorders. I feel this will be helpful in my role as a Clerk at a local primary school". The course met my expectations and I enjoyed the challenge of learning about conditions i knew little about. The presentation of the course and the opportunity to communicate with my tutor was valuable. I enjoyed the course so much , I am planning to do another! Jennifer C, Developmental Learning and Behavioural Disorders in Children and Adolescents, UK