Ask a question
Australian Natives I 100 Hours Certificate Course
Australian Natives I course online. Gain knowledge about Australian native tree species. This course first teaches you about different types of Australian flora, plant identification, information sources, planting, feeding, soils, pests & diseases, watering, propagation and transplanting. The remaining lessons then deal with selected varieties of trees, windbreak planting, agroforestry, tree maintenance and tree selection.
Lesson Structure: Australian Natives I BHT113
There are 9 lessons:
- Scope and Nature of Native Plants
- Taxonomy: Botanical and Horticultural Nomenclature
- Binomial System
- Levels of Division
- Plant Families
- Species, Hybrids, Varieties and Cultivars
- Botanical Keys and their Use
- Origins of Australian Plants
- Continental Drift
- Resources for More Information
- Sources for Seed Information
- Cultural Techniques
- Things that can Go Wrong: Pests, Diseases, Environmental Problems, Nutrition
- Improving Soil Structure
- Soil Water Management
- No Dig Growing Techniques
- Feeding Natives
- Planting, Staking, Mulching
- Special Planting Techniques
- Natives for Shade
- Controlling Weeds
- Propagation; seed, cuttings, etc
- Stock Plants
- Types of Eucalypts; gums, stringybarks, boxes, ironbarks, yates, peppermints, etc.
- Hybrid Eucalypts
- Eucalypt Cultural Requirements
- Review of Important Eucalypt Species
- Native Trees
- Casuarina; Casuarina and Allocasuarina, Gymnostoma and Ceuthostoma
- Casuarina Culture
- Review of Casuarina and Allocasuarina species
- Australian Conifers: Overview
- Cupressaceae: Actinostrobus, Calitris, Diselma
- Araucariaceae; Araucaria
- Podocarpaceae; Dacrydium, Microcachrys, Microstrobos, Phyllocladus, Podocarpus
- Introduction to Legumes; Papilionoideae, Caesalpiniodeae and Mimosoideae
- Overview of Acacia
- Acacia Cultural Requirements
- Review of Important Acacia species
- Elements of drawing a Landscape Plan
- Landscape Design Procedure
- Myrtaceous Australian Plants
- Review of the Myrtaceae Family
- Callistemon overview
- Callistemon Culture
- Important Callistemon cultivars and species
- Leptospermum overview and Culture
- Important Leptospermum Species
- Grevillea Overview
- Types of flower: Erect Cluster, Toothbrush, Pendant, Cylinder
- McCilverayâs Classification into eleven main groups
- Flower and Leaf Terminology
- Review of Low Growing Grevilleas
- Banksia Type Hybrids
- Hybrid Parents from tropics and sub tropics
- Poorinda Hybrids
- Review of many Important Species
- Related Proteaceae Natives: Dryandra, Hakea, Banksia, Telopea
- Ground Cover and Small Shrubs
- Overview of Fabaceae (Egg and Bacon) Plants
- Boronia; overview and culture
- Boronia species
- Commercial Applications
- Fragrant Natives
- Uses for Eucalyptus
- Uses for Grevilleas
- Uses for Acacia: timber, tanning, cut flowers, food, etc
- Aboriginal Uses for Acacias
- Growing Natives in Containers
- Bush Tucker
- Classify most significant cultivated native plants, to the family level.
- Determine cultural practices to maintain healthy native plants.
- Explain the identification and culture of eucalypts in your locality.
- Explain the identification and culture of native trees.
- Explain the identification and culture of acacias in your locality.
- Explain the identification and culture of native shrubs, including species of Acacia, Melaleuca, Callistemon and Leptospermum
- Explain the identification and culture of different Proteaceous native plants, with particular emphasis on the genus Grevillea.
- Explain the identification and culture of a range of Australian Native ground covers and small shrubs.
- Determine commercially viable applications for different native plants.
|How Do Our Tuition Fees Compare?||Full time classroom based Further Education Courses - Approx. £5,000 per year - Part-time classroom based Adult Education Courses - Approx. £7.00 per hour - N.B. classroom tuition means you learn at the pace of the class. One-to-one private tuition - from £15.00 per hour - ADL one-to-one tution fees - From £340 per 100 Hour Course = Average of £3.40 per hour - N.B. one-to-one tuition is tailored to your own individual learning availability and pace.|
|Course Start||Begin your learning at any time.|
|Course Prerequisite||None - Our course levels are an indication of the depth of learning you should receive. They do not describe the level of difficulty.|
|Course Qualification (Study Option A)||Endorsed Qualification from TQUK - Training Qualifications UK, an Ofqual Approved Awarding Organisation - Completed written assignments and final evaluation per course/module to be taken.|
|Course Qualification (Study Option B)||Certificate of Attainment from ADL - Completed written assignments only - no final evaluation.|
|Comparative Credits Information||UK Course Credits: 10 - U.S. Credit Hours: 3 - when compared to regulated courses.|
|Course Duration and Deadlines||Course hours given are a guide only. You will be encouraged to work at your own pace to learn as much as you can, with no assignment deadlines or end date by which you must complete your course by. You are in control!|
|Study Support||Personal tutor/mentor support from industry relevant professionals throughout your whole course. Mentors are contactable by e-mail, telephone and through the Moodle online classroom. They provide assistance with your course material, plus discuss, explain and give advice when needed. They will also mark and grade your assignments, plus provide constructive and helpful feedback vital to your success.|
|Suitability for Self Employment and Small Businesses||Our courses are ideal for sole traders and small business owners and their staff. Customer confidence in what you can do will determine how successful you are in getting clients. Doing the job right using the correct knowledge and skills, leads to repeat business and referrals to friends, family and work colleagues. Completing one or more of our courses for the service you have to offer, will give you the tools to achieve this and grow your business.|
|Recognition of Your Course By Employers||We aim to achieve the correct balance between your qualification being recognised and providing you with the in-depth learning, to empower you to succeed. If you can demonstrate that you have the level of knowledge and transferable skills necessary to an employer, you should stand out from someone who has only received a superficial understanding of what's required - Select study option A when enrolling, so an employer can check the status of the awarding organisation for your qualification on the Ofqual Register.|
|Recognition of Your Course By Universities||As you will see on our Testimonials page, previous students have used their qualification from us to get into university. However each one will have its own entrance criteria and acceptance may also depend on your other qualifications and experience. We can approach up to three universities on your behalf with details of our course before you enrol, so you will know whether it will be accepted as part of their application process. Please complete our contact form and we will begin the process.|
|Designing Your Own Qualification||Bundle up your choice of related courses to form your own qualification. Our Advanced Certificates (4 courses), Diplomas (6 courses), Advanced Diplomas (8 courses) and Higher Advanced Diplomas (12 courses), are used to differentiate between the in-depth knowledge and skills you will acquire in your chosen area of study. e.g. Advanced Certificate in Turf Care Management, which includes individual courses: Turf Care, Sports Turf Care, Turf Repair and Renovation and Turf Grasses.|
|How Can I Enrol?||Online by selecting your study option, learning materials, plus payment option and then clicking the Enrol Now button - By contacting us for an application form - By telephoning us on 01227 789 649 (International: 0044 1227 789 649). Lines open 9am till 5pm Monday to Friday, excluding Bank Holidays and between Christmas and New Year.|
|How Can I Get a Pro-forma Invoice for my Employer?||Contact us with details and we will email your employer an invoice. We will need: employer's name, address, telephone number, email address and contact name. We will also require your name, telephone number, email address, date of birth and the course and code you wish to enrol for.|
Australian Natives I 100 Hours Certificate Course
"Fantastic Teacher. Well organised modules. Assignments force me to learn and research more so I can prepare well for exams. I really enjoyed studying via ADL. I can now continue study at Ulster University which accept my certificate from ADL". Level 4, Advanced Certificate in Applied Science, VSC001, Stanislawa, Poland.
Its with great pleasure I am announcing you my new job as 'Park Manager' for a 5 star hotel in Reunion Island. Its definitely my courses with ADL (Botany, Agronomy and Trees for Rehabilitation) which were decisive for my nomination. Accordingly, my sincere thanks goes to all the ADL team.
"The course was a valuable learning experience as it provided me with the knowledge and understanding for me as a Careers Advisor. The feedback was very good from my tutor, and allowed me to build upon my assignments that were marked. The comments were very informative and very useful. Well written course material." Andrew W, Careers Counselling, UKMore Reviews....