Biochemistry III - Animal Biochemical Processes 100 Hours Certificate Course (Pre-Medical Program)
What level is this course taught? Is this a level 3 course?
Thank you for your question. The course is taught to between level 3 and level 4, so it is in-depth and you will acquire learning of real value to you with regards to the biochemistry of animals.
The course is used by the NHS to help prepare students for their studies as part of our Advanced Certificate in Applied Science.
It is also included as a module in our Advanced Diploma in Medical Science (Pre-Medical), which has been accepted by the Royal College of Surgeons in Bahrain, Ireland and Malaysia. The diploma is also accepted by Aberdeen, plus Brighton and Sussex Medical Schools in the UK, as an appropriate qualification to support an application.Furthermore, the Advanced Diploma has also been accepted in other schools around the world.
In view of this, you can be confident that Biochemistry III has been independently assessed by medical professionals. as part of their acceptance process and has been found to provide the required level of knowledge.
I hope that this is helpful.
Could you tell me how many level 3 credits this course carries please. Also does it carry level 3 gredits in biology. I am applying to the RVC for the Degree in veterinary nursing but first have to obtain these credits. Thanks.
This does not carry level 3 credits as the course does not fall within the appropriate framework. However, the course is worth 10 credits at University level and it may be worth asking RVC if it would be suitable for entry into the Veterinary Nursing degree.
Ask a question
Biochemistry III - Animal Biochemical Processes 100 Hours Certificate Course (Pre-Medical Program)
Biochemistry III Animal Biochemical Processes (Pre-Medical Progam) course online. Gain a deeper knowledge of human and animal life processes through the Oonline course. Expand your science or health career options to a higher level. A course designed for people working or wishing to work in a human or animal health or science related profession, as practitioner, educator or researcher.
Learn to explain a range of common biochemical processes with an emphasis upon animal and human biochemical processes.
This course is included as a module in the Advanced Diploma in Medical Science (Pre-Medical), which has been endorsed by TQUK - Training Qualifications UK, an Ofqual Approved Awarding Organisation.The Advanced Diploma has also been approved by the Royal College of Surgeons in Bahrain, Ireland and Malaysia, meaning that the qualification can be used to support an application to attend Medical School in these countries (subject to applicants satisfying their other entrance criteria). It is also accepted by other universities around the world.
Learning Goals: Biochemistry III (Animal Biochemical Processes) BSC303
- Explain the interaction between the various biochemical processes within the animal cell.
- Explain the processes of glycolysis and glycogen metabolism.
- Understand the transport mechanism of bio-chemicals through animal membranes.
- Explain the processes of electron transfer and oxidative phosphorylation, and their importance to energy regulation in animals.
- Explain the metabolism of carbohydrates.
- Explain the metabolism of lipids
- Explain the metabolism of amino acids.
- Explain biochemical nucleotide metabolism
- Explain enzyme reactions and catalysis in biochemistry.
- Explain other biochemical processes including biochemical communication through hormones and neurotransmission.
Lesson Structure: Biochemistry III (Animal Biochemical Processes) BSC303
There are 10 lessons as follows:
- Introduction to Metabolism: 1. Catabolism, 2. Anabolism
- Energy Transfers within the Organism: Sources of energy, The digestive process as a source of energy and matter, Components of the cell, Metabolism within the cell, Catabolic metabolism, Anabolic metabolism, Energy exchanges, Free energy, Enthalpy, Entropy, Energy transporters, ATP, Oxidation –reduction processes, Enzyme catalysed reactions
2 Glycolysis and Glycogen Metabolism
- Glucose and its Central Role in Metabolism
- Glycolysis: Phase I: the activation of glycolysis, ATP Production summary from Glycolysis, Metabolism of Pyruvate, Glycogen, Fructose and Galactose
3 Movement through Membranes
- Lipids and Fats
- Kinetics and Mechanisms of Transport: Mediated and non-mediated transport, Ion gradient driven active transport, ATP driven active transport
4 Electron Transport and Oxidative Phosphorylation
- The Mitochondrion
- Electron Transport
- Oxidative Phosphorylation
- Citric Acid Cycle/Tricarboxylic Acid Cycle
- Control of ATP Production
5 Sugar and Polysaccharide Metabolism
- Sugars: Monosaccharides, Oligosaccharides, Polysaccharides
- Gluconeogenesis: Biosynthesis of oligosaccharides and glycoproteins
- The Pentose Phosphate Pathway
6 Lipid Metabolism
- Lipid Metabolism
- Pancreas and Bile Acid
- Transport across the Mitochondrial Membrane
- Fatty Acid Oxidation in the Mitrochondrion: Beta Oxidation
- Unsaturated Fatty Acid Oxidation
- Ketone Bodies
- Biosynthesis of Fatty Acids
- Metabolic Control and Regulation of Fatty Acid Metabolism: Hormonal Regulation, Gylcogen/Insulin Regulation
- Cholesterol Synthesis and Netabolism
- Control of Cholesterol Biosynthesis and Transport
- Arachidonate Metabolism: The Cyclic Pathway of Arachidonate Metabolism, Cyclooxygenase and Peroxidase, Eicosanoids
- Phospholid and Glycolipid Metabolism
7 Amino Acid Metabolism
- Amino Acids
- Amino Acid Metabolism: Transamination, Amino acid synthesis, Amino acid catabolism, Glucogenic, Ketogenic, Protein catabolism: the urea cycle
- Biosynthetic Percursors and the Role of Amino Acids
- Biosynthesis and Physiologically Active Amines
- Amino Acid Biosynthesis: Biosynthesis of non-essential amino acids, Biosynthesis of essential amino acids, Aspartate Family, Pyruvate Family, Aromatic Family, Histidine, Summary of the Major Energy Metabolic Pathways
- Major Organs: Brain, Muscle, Adipose Tissues (fat), Liver
- Nitrogen Fixation
8 Nucleotide Metabolism
- Nucleic Acids
- Synthesis & Regulation of Ribonucleotides: Purines, Pyramidines
- Formation of Deoxyribonucleotides
- Nucleotide Degradation
- Purine Catabolism
- Purine Nucleotide Cycle
- Nucleotide Coenzymes in Animals
9 Enzyme Activity
- Enzyme Classification
- Enzyme Kinetics
- Enzyme Regulation
10 Other Processes
- Neuro Transmitters
- Signalling Cascade
- Receptor Binding
- Nuclear Localisation Signals
|How Do Our Tuition Fees Compare?||Full time classroom based Further Education Courses - Approx. £5,000 per year - Part-time classroom based Adult Education Courses - Approx. £7.00 per hour - N.B. classroom tuition means you learn at the pace of the class. One-to-one private tuition - from £15.00 per hour - ADL one-to-one tution fees - From £340 per 100 Hour Course = Average of £3.40 per hour - N.B. one-to-one tuition is tailored to your own individual learning availability and pace.|
|Course Start||Begin your learning at any time.|
|Course Prerequisite||None - Our course levels are an indication of the depth of learning you should receive. They do not describe the level of difficulty.|
|Course Qualification (Study Option A)||Endorsed Qualification from TQUK - Training Qualifications UK, an Ofqual Approved Awarding Organisation - Completed written assignments and final evaluation per course/module to be taken.|
|Course Qualification (Study Option B)||Certificate of Attainment from ADL - Completed written assignments only - no final evaluation.|
|Comparative Credits Information||UK Course Credits: 10 - U.S. Credit Hours: 3 - when compared to regulated courses.|
|Course Duration and Deadlines||Course hours given are a guide only. You will be encouraged to work at your own pace to learn as much as you can, with no assignment deadlines or end date by which you must complete your course by. You are in control!|
|Study Support||Personal tutor/mentor support from industry relevant professionals throughout your whole course. Mentors are contactable by e-mail, telephone and through the Moodle online classroom. They provide assistance with your course material, plus discuss, explain and give advice when needed. They will also mark and grade your assignments, plus provide constructive and helpful feedback vital to your success.|
|Suitability for Self Employment and Small Businesses||Our courses are ideal for sole traders and small business owners and their staff. Customer confidence in what you can do will determine how successful you are in getting clients. Doing the job right using the correct knowledge and skills, leads to repeat business and referrals to friends, family and work colleagues. Completing one or more of our courses for the service you have to offer, will give you the tools to achieve this and grow your business.|
|Recognition of Your Course By Employers||We aim to achieve the correct balance between your qualification being recognised and providing you with the in-depth learning, to empower you to succeed. If you can demonstrate that you have the level of knowledge and transferable skills necessary to an employer, you should stand out from someone who has only received a superficial understanding of what's required - Select study option A when enrolling, so an employer can check the status of the awarding organisation for your qualification on the Ofqual Register.|
|Recognition of Your Course By Universities||As you will see on our Testimonials page, previous students have used their qualification from us to get into university. However each one will have its own entrance criteria and acceptance may also depend on your other qualifications and experience. We can approach up to three universities on your behalf with details of our course before you enrol, so you will know whether it will be accepted as part of their application process. Please complete our contact form and we will begin the process.|
|Designing Your Own Qualification||Bundle up your choice of related courses to form your own qualification. Our Advanced Certificates (4 courses), Diplomas (6 courses), Advanced Diplomas (8 courses) and Higher Advanced Diplomas (12 courses), are used to differentiate between the in-depth knowledge and skills you will acquire in your chosen area of study. e.g. Advanced Certificate in Turf Care Management, which includes individual courses: Turf Care, Sports Turf Care, Turf Repair and Renovation and Turf Grasses.|
|How Can I Enrol?||Online by selecting your study option, learning materials, plus payment option and then clicking the Enrol Now button - By contacting us for an application form - By telephoning us on 01227 789 649 (International: 0044 1227 789 649). Lines open 9am till 5pm Monday to Friday, excluding Bank Holidays and between Christmas and New Year.|
|How Can I Get a Pro-forma Invoice for my Employer?||Contact us with details and we will email your employer an invoice. We will need: employer's name, address, telephone number, email address and contact name. We will also require your name, telephone number, email address, date of birth and the course and code you wish to enrol for.|
"Fantastic Teacher. Well organised modules. Assignments force me to learn and research more so I can prepare well for exams. I really enjoyed studying via ADL. I can now continue study at Ulster University which accept my certificate from ADL". Level 4, Advanced Certificate in Applied Science, VSC001, Stanislawa, Poland.
Its with great pleasure I am announcing you my new job as 'Park Manager' for a 5 star hotel in Reunion Island. Its definitely my courses with ADL (Botany, Agronomy and Tree for Rehabilitation) which were decisive for my nomination. Accordingly, my sincere thanks goes to all the ADL team.
"The course was a valuable learning experience as it provided me with the knowledge and understanding for me as a Careers Advisor. The feedback was very good from my tutor, and allowed me to build upon my assignments that were marked. The comments were very informative and very useful. Well written course material." Andrew W, Careers Counselling, UK
"It exceeded my expectations. It was more comprehensive than I expected and the assignments really stimulated deep study of the subject. Thank you for your guidance. I am delighted with my certificate and will recommend this course and ADL to my friends and colleagues." G Flaherty, Ornithology BEN102, Ireland
"I want to thank you for the course - Hotel Management- I've just finished now. The course was comprehensive and well edited. For sure it can give a new worker in the hospitality industry the basic theoretical and practical knowledge required". Daniel K, Hotel Management, Romania
"Upon completing the Interior Plants Course I was offered my dream job. Taking this class was one of the best decisions I've made, the information I received was invaluable. Thank you ADL". Meg V, Interior Plants, Florida, USA.
“I am delighted to report that I passed the exam and received a “Pass with Commendation”. I appreciate very much the detail that you went into, in the correction of my assignments and I found your advice and extra subject information invaluable in advancing my interest and knowledge in horticulture”. Go raibh mile maith agat! (a thousand thanks!) Colin, RHS Cert II, Ireland
"Although my main interest in Earth Science is Geology I found this course excellent. The course notes were very interesting and useful throughout the course. Thank you to the ADL staff for their excellent service" Barry. Earth Science
"I received good feedback, and had an efficient turnaround of assignments, useful comments and grades to analyse." Andrew, Calf Rearing
"I enjoyed the course and developed a good understanding of learning and behaviour disorders. I feel this will be helpful in my role as a Clerk at a local primary school". The course met my expectations and I enjoyed the challenge of learning about conditions i knew little about. The presentation of the course and the opportunity to communicate with my tutor was valuable. I enjoyed the course so much , I am planning to do another! Jennifer C, Developmental Learning and Behavioural Disorders in Children and Adolescents, UK