Biochemistry III Plant Processes 100 Hours Certificate Course
Ask a question
Biochemistry III Plant Processes 100 Hours Certificate Course
Biochemistry III Plant Processes course online. This course will deepen your knowledge of Biochemistry with an emphasis on plants. This is an advanced course in biochemistry that will give you a deep understanding on how life processes work, where living organism obtain their energy and nutrients and how these are processed to renew and develop new living materials. A great course of horticulturalists and those interested in plant biochemical processes.
Lesson Structure: Biochemistry III (Plant Processes) BSC302
There are 11 lessons:
- Introduction to Metabolism
- Energy Transfer within the Cell - sources of energy, components of the cell, catabolic metabolism, anabolic metabolism, energy exchanges, free energy, enthalpy, entropy, energy transfers, ATP, Oxidation, enzyme catalysed reactions, coenzymes, hydrolysis, hydration reaction, phosphorylation.
- ATP - ATP Synthase
- Glycolysis - activation, ATP production from Glycolysis, Metabolism of Pyruvate
- Pentose Phosphate Pathway
- Movement Through Membranes
- Lipids and Fats
- Kinetics and Mechanisms of Transport - mediated and non-mediated transport, active transport
- Electron Transport and Oxidative Phosphorylation
- Electron Transport
- Oxidative Phosphorylation
- Citric Acid Cycle/Tricarboxylic Cycle
- Controls of ATP Production
- Sugar and Polysaccharide Metabolism
- Monosaccharides, Disaccharides, Oligosaccharides, Polysaccharides, Glycoproteins
- Starches - Glycogen and Starch
- Starch Biosynthesis - Transitory Starch in Chloroplasts, Sucrose and Starch Regulation
- Carbohydrate Metabolism
- Gluconeogenesis - The Glyoxylate Pathway
- Cell Wall
- Lipid Metabolism
- Fatty Acid Biosynthesis by Plastids - Saturated Fatty Acid Biosynthesis
- Glycerolipid and Phospholipid Formation
- Triacylglycerol (TAG) Formation
- Fatty Acid Oxidation in the Peroxisomes/Glyoxysomes
- Wound Sealing
- Photosynthesis - Chloroplasts, Light Reactions
- Dark Reactions - Carboxylation, Regeneration, the Calvin Cycle
- Photorespiration - C4 Respiration
- Nucleotide Metabolism
- Nitrogen Fixation
- Assimilation of Ammonia into Amino Acids - Purines, Pyramidines
- Formation of Deoxyribonucleotides
- Nucleotide Degradation
- Enzyme Activity
- Enzyme Classification
- Enzyme Kinetics
- Enzyme Regulation
- Reproductive Processes in Plants
- Types of Plant Reproduction - Sexual and Asexual Reproduction
- Gene Expression
- What are Genes?
- Ribonucleic Acid (RNA) and Protein Synthesis - Overview, Transcription, Translation
- Eukaryotic DNA Replication - DNA Polymerases, Leading and Lagging Strains, Telomeres and Telomerase
- Other Processes
- Growth Regulators - Auxins, Cytokinins, Giberellins, Ethylene
- Other Hormones - Antiauxins, Growth Inhibiters, Growth Retardants, Growth Simulators, Defoliants, Unclassified Plant Growth Regulators
- Use of Plant Hormones in Horticulture - Hormone Products
Each lesson culminates in an assignment which is submitted to the school, marked by the school's tutors and returned to you with any relevant suggestions, comments, and if necessary, extra reading.
Learning Goals: Biochemistry III (Plant Processes) BSC302
- Explain the interaction between the various biochemical processes within the plant cell.
- Explain the process of glycolysis.
- Describe the transport mechanism of bio-chemicals through plant membranes.
- Explain the processes of electron transfer and oxidative phosphorylation, and their importance to energy regulation in plants.
- Explain the structure and metabolism of carbohydrates.
- Explain the metabolism of lipids.
- Explain the processes of photosynthesis and the role of the light and dark reactions of photosynthesis in the growth of plants.
- Explain biochemical nucleotide metabolism.
- Explain enzyme reactions and catalysis in biochemistry.
- Explain metabolic processes relevant to reproduction in plants.
- Explain other biochemical processes including biochemical communication through hormones.
|How Do Our Tuition Fees Compare?||Full time classroom based Further Education Courses - Approx. £5,000 per year - Part-time classroom based Adult Education Courses - Approx. £7.00 per hour - N.B. classroom tuition means you learn at the pace of the class. One-to-one private tuition - from £15.00 per hour - ADL one-to-one tution fees - From £340 per 100 Hour Course = Average of £3.40 per hour - N.B. one-to-one tuition is tailored to your own individual learning availability and pace.|
|Course Start||Begin your learning at any time.|
|Course Prerequisite||None - Our course levels are an indication of the depth of learning you should receive. They do not describe the level of difficulty.|
|Course Qualification (Study Option A)||Endorsed Qualification from TQUK - Training Qualifications UK, an Ofqual Approved Awarding Organisation - Completed written assignments and final evaluation per course/module to be taken.|
|Course Qualification (Study Option B)||Certificate of Attainment from ADL - Completed written assignments only - no final evaluation.|
|Comparative Credits Information||UK Course Credits: 10 - U.S. Credit Hours: 3 - when compared to regulated courses.|
|Course Duration and Deadlines||Course hours given are a guide only. You will be encouraged to work at your own pace to learn as much as you can, with no assignment deadlines or end date by which you must complete your course by. You are in control!|
|Study Support||Personal tutor/mentor support from industry relevant professionals throughout your whole course. Mentors are contactable by e-mail, telephone and through the Moodle online classroom. They provide assistance with your course material, plus discuss, explain and give advice when needed. They will also mark and grade your assignments, plus provide constructive and helpful feedback vital to your success.|
|Suitability for Self Employment and Small Businesses||Our courses are ideal for sole traders and small business owners and their staff. Customer confidence in what you can do will determine how successful you are in getting clients. Doing the job right using the correct knowledge and skills, leads to repeat business and referrals to friends, family and work colleagues. Completing one or more of our courses for the service you have to offer, will give you the tools to achieve this and grow your business.|
|Recognition of Your Course By Employers||We aim to achieve the correct balance between your qualification being recognised and providing you with the in-depth learning, to empower you to succeed. If you can demonstrate that you have the level of knowledge and transferable skills necessary to an employer, you should stand out from someone who has only received a superficial understanding of what's required - Select study option A when enrolling, so an employer can check the status of the awarding organisation for your qualification on the Ofqual Register.|
|Recognition of Your Course By Universities||As you will see on our Testimonials page, previous students have used their qualification from us to get into university. However each one will have its own entrance criteria and acceptance may also depend on your other qualifications and experience. We can approach up to three universities on your behalf with details of our course before you enrol, so you will know whether it will be accepted as part of their application process. Please complete our contact form and we will begin the process.|
|Designing Your Own Qualification||Bundle up your choice of related courses to form your own qualification. Our Advanced Certificates (4 courses), Diplomas (6 courses), Advanced Diplomas (8 courses) and Higher Advanced Diplomas (12 courses), are used to differentiate between the in-depth knowledge and skills you will acquire in your chosen area of study. e.g. Advanced Certificate in Turf Care Management, which includes individual courses: Turf Care, Sports Turf Care, Turf Repair and Renovation and Turf Grasses.|
|How Can I Enrol?||Online by selecting your study option, learning materials, plus payment option and then clicking the Enrol Now button - By contacting us for an application form - By telephoning us on 01227 789 649 (International: 0044 1227 789 649). Lines open 9am till 5pm Monday to Friday, excluding Bank Holidays and between Christmas and New Year.|
|How Can I Get a Pro-forma Invoice for my Employer?||Contact us with details and we will email your employer an invoice. We will need: employer's name, address, telephone number, email address and contact name. We will also require your name, telephone number, email address, date of birth and the course and code you wish to enrol for.|
"Fantastic Teacher. Well organised modules. Assignments force me to learn and research more so I can prepare well for exams. I really enjoyed studying via ADL. I can now continue study at Ulster University which accept my certificate from ADL". Level 4, Advanced Certificate in Applied Science, VSC001, Stanislawa, Poland.
Its with great pleasure I am announcing you my new job as 'Park Manager' for a 5 star hotel in Reunion Island. Its definitely my courses with ADL (Botany, Agronomy and Trees for Rehabilitation) which were decisive for my nomination. Accordingly, my sincere thanks goes to all the ADL team.
"The course was a valuable learning experience as it provided me with the knowledge and understanding for me as a Careers Advisor. The feedback was very good from my tutor, and allowed me to build upon my assignments that were marked. The comments were very informative and very useful. Well written course material." Andrew W, Careers Counselling, UKMore Reviews....