ADL For Continuing Professional Development (CPD)
ADL has over 600 courses available, with many ideally suited to staff continuing professional development. You can use them to:
- Help train new employees.
- Provide existing workers with new skills that will benefit the efficiency and profitability of your business.
- Develop a designated member of staff to become responsible for matters such as conflict management and multi cultural awareness etc.
- Branch out into other areas: e.g. you may provide a gardening service and want to have a specialist in tree health management.
- Learn new skills for yourself that will help you be a better employer, motivator and supervisor, or acquire skills in subjects such as criminal and industrial psychology.
Our courses covering eighteen disciplines will help you run and grow your business and empower your staff to succeed within your organisation. And you won't lose employees to training days away because learners study at their own pace and in their own time. Distance education is a form of study that allows your staff to study from anywhere, whether that is at home, at work or even on public transport to and from work.
We offer a self-paced format without any deadlines, with support from professionally qualified and experienced mentors and a friendly admin team.
The Academy for Distance Learning is a premium supplier of distance education. The courses that we deliver have been developed and continuously updated over 25+ Years to remain relevant by industry professionals, with the needs of you the employer in mind. Unlike many regulated alternatives, our programmes will train your staff in three tried and tested ways; reading, researching and reporting.
How Our Courses Work
ADL and TQUK
The Academy for Distance Learning is a Recognised Centre of TQUK. In order to maintain our Recognised Centre status, we are subject to yearly evaluation visits to ensure that we conform to and are meeting the high standards demanded by a company listed on the Ofqual Register. Each endorsed course has been independently evaluated by TQUK for its quality of learning, so you can be sure that the tuition fees you will pay are a sound investment.
The independent endorsement and recognition we have earned should reassure you of our credentials, but it is important to know that our courses will focus on helping your employees learn as much as possible, as opposed to many that primarily focus on teaching them how to pass an exam. Ultimately, assessment and endorsement for many courses delivered by other providers, merely means learners have met a set criteria of minimum standards with regards to learning and in doing so, they actually learn less. Our effort is almost entirely on helping people to learn what matters, which means they will acquire a deeper understanding of what their course teaches and how to apply it to your business.
- Royal Horticultural Society - ADL is an approved distance learning course provider for preparing candidates for RHS exams.
- The Complimentary Medicine Association - Most of our counselling, life coaching and psychology courses are CMA accredited.
- Accredited Coaches, Counsellors, Psychotherapists and (Clinical) Hypnotherapists - ACCPH also accredit many of our counselling, life coaching and psychology courses.
- Institute of Certified Bookkeepers - ADL is an ICB approved courses provide.
- International Accreditation and Recognition Council - As a member of IARC, we have gained Recognition as a provider of quality education.
- Financial Conduct Authority - ADL is authorised by the FCA to offer tuition fees by instalments. Our registration number is 622120.
- UK Register of Learning Providers - ADL is registered on the UKRLP under Registration Number 10031925.
- NCCPG seeks to rediscover and reintroduce cultivated plants by encouraging their propagation and distribution so that they are grown as widely as possible. The NCCPG works closely with other conservation bodies as well as botanical gardens, The National Trust, The National Trust for Scotland, English Heritage, The Royal Horticultural Society and many specialist horticultural societies.
ADL's Extended Qualifications
Our extended courses are normally made up of level 4 modules. The terms of: Certificates (1 course), Proficiency Certificates (2 courses), Advanced Certificates (4 courses), Diplomas (6 courses), Advanced Diplomas (8 courses) and Higher Advanced Diplomas (12 courses) from ADL, are used to differentiate between the in-depth knowledge and skills learners will acquire in their chosen area of study. e.g. Advanced Certificate in Turf Care Management, which includes individual courses: Turf Care, Sports Turf Care, Turf Repair and Renovation and Turf Grasses.
You can enrol your employees on an extended course from the start, or they can complete one course at a time and gradually build up their areas of expertise. You can also design an extended course specifically based on your business needs if required, by banding related courses together and still have it endorsed by TQUK.
Please bear in mind that you will be buying a complete learning programme and that the fee includes: learning materials, mentor support, plus exam fees, certificate and transcript. We are able to offer the following rates for business customers:
- One member of staff enrolled - 5% Discount when subscribing to our Newsletter at: adlonlinecourses.com/newsletter
- Two to Five members of staff enrolled - 10% Discount (5% Newsletter plus 5% Corporate)
- Six members of staff and above - 15% Discount (5% Newsletter plus 10% Corporate)
N.B. The corporate discount rates available are cumulative, meaning that the amount of money you save increases as you enrol more of your employees on to courses over time. In addition, employees are able to be signed up to different courses so for example if you're a hotel manager, you can sign up one member of staff for Bar Service, another for Foundations of Cooking and another for Event Management.
Some Existing Business Customers
- The NHS
- Local Government
- Schools and Colleges
- Gardens of Helicon
- Jaguar Landrover
- National Trust
- Many Small and Medium size businesses in the UK
Useful Links On Our Website
- Some of our Course Mentors and Admin Support Team
- Our Educational Philosophy
- Recognition and Memberships
If you would like to discuss your staff's professional development further, you can either phone and speak to an advisor on 01227 789 649, or talk to us via Live Chat. Advisors are available Monday to Friday from 9am till 8pm and on Saturdays from 10am till 2pm. Alternatively, please click here and complete our Contact Form.
Business Management Courses
- 51 Learning Credits
- Hours 510
- Entry requirement: GCSE Maths and English (grade C and above), or equivalent.
This Diploma follows the National Framework and will allow you to use the qualification you receive, to support an application for a university degree program in business.This level 4 course, is the first in a series of business courses, with level 5 and level 6 currently under construction. Level 5 will enable you to go into university in year two and level 6 in year three.
Take one or all of the levels through ADL and choose how far you progress towards your degree through our distance learning programs, plus how much money you save on university tuition fees and accommodation costs.
This course is ideal if you:
- wish to attend university and complete a business degree, but haven't achieved the required "A" level grades.
- have the required "A" levels, but want to save a money on tuition fees and accommodation costs, by progressing via distance learning until the final year.
- are a graduate wanting an introduction to business systems and theories.
- have no desire to attend university and are already working in a business organisation, wanting to progress up the ladder
- wish to pursue a career in business as soon as possible.