Carnivore Zoology 100 Hours Certificate Course
Ask a question
Carnivore Zoology 100 Hours Certificate Course
Carnivore Zoology course online: The word carnivore refers to an animal that predominately eats meat in order to survive. They can either be predators like tigers and lions, or scavengers such as vultures. Meat Eaters can also be sub divided into Obligate Carnivores or true carnivores, whose diet consists of 100 percent meat and Facultative Carnivores, which eat both other animals and non-animal food. Although this would also describe an omnivore, there is no set point at which one is better described as the other, although humans are normally known as omnivores because we often eat more non-animal, than animal food. An animal which is at the top of the food chain, is described as an Apex Predator and an example of this is the African Lion.
Zoology, also known as animal biology is the study of the animal kingdom and covers the classification, distribution, interaction with the environment, embryology, evolution, habits and structure of all animals, whether still living or long extinct.
In this excellent online distance learning course in Carnivore Zoology, designed by professional carnivore experts and delivered by experienced and qualified tutors in the subject, you will learn about: Taxonomy and Evolution, Carnivore Biology, Carnivore Behaviour, Canines, Felines, Bears, Aquatic Carnivores, Mustelids and other carnivores.Therefore, it will be ideal for anyone who works in, or wishes to work in any area where in-depth knowledge and skills of carnivore biology is required.
The aim of this course is to enable you to explain differences in the biology of different species of carnivores, by describing the differentiating biological characteristics of the families and genera that fall within the taxonomic order Carnivora.
Learning Goals: Carnivore Zoology BEN219
- To discuss the characteristics, classification and significance of carnivorous animals to man, ecosystems and environments
- To describe anatomical and physiological features of carnivores, which differentiate carnivores from other types of mammals
- To explain carnivore behaviour
- To differentiate different types of animals belonging to the taxonomic family called Canidae
- To differentiate different types of animals belonging to the taxonomic family called Felidae
- To differentiate different types of animals belonging to the taxonomic family called Ursidae
- To differentiate different types of canine animals that are aquati
- To differentiate different types of animals belonging to the taxonomic family called Mustelidae and Mephitidae
- To differentiate different types of animals belonging to the taxonomic families not yet dealt with in this course
Course Structure: Carnivore Zoology BEN219
1 Scope and Nature of Carnivore Zoology
- Distinguishing Characteristics of Carnivores
- Modern Science Has Changed Taxonomy
- Classification of Carnivores
- Evolution of Carnivores
2 Carnivore Biology
- Musculo-Skeletal System
- Types of Joints
- Types of Muscles
- Digestive System
- Excretory System (Skin, Kidneys, Liver)
- Endocrine System
- Nervous System
- Reproductive System
- Respiratory System
- Anatomy Adaptations for Function
3 Carnivore Behaviour
- Introduction to Animal Behaviour
- Kinds of Behaviour
- Learned Behaviour
- Physiology and Behaviour
- The Big Cats (Pantherinae)
- Felines (Felinae)
- Mating and Reproduction
- Living Spaces
7 Aquatic Carnivores
- Family Otariidae (Fur Seals and Sea Lions)
- Family Odobenidae (Walrus)
- Family Phocidae (True Seals)
- Conservation Case Studies of Iconic Carnivores - Walrus
- Family Mustelidae (Weasels, Badgers, Otters)
- Family Mephitidae (Skunks)
9 Other Carnivores – Procyonidae, Ailuridae, Viverridae, Herpestidae, Hyanidae
- Family Procyonidae (Raccoons and Allais)
- Family Alirudae (Ailurus)
- Family Viverridae (Civets, Genets, Linsangs)
- Family Herpestidae (Mongooses)
- Family Hyaenidae (Hyenas and Aardwolf)
Problem Based Learning (PBL) Project
1 What is Problem Based Learning?
- Problem Based Learning (PBL) is an instructional method of active learning which focusses the student on investigation and resolution of real-world problems.
2 Why is Problem Based Learning important?
- Problem Based Learning is designed to help students identify, analyse, apply (where possible) and summarise content related to a hypothetical situation. Students are required to demonstrate the ability to work to specification as a learned skill.
3 What is a PBL composed of?
- Part one: Written or oral presentation of key findings relevant to the area of study (within specific guidelines).
- Part two: Reflective evaluation of personal learning.
4 Who can help me if I don’t understand aspects of this PBL?
- Your tutor is the recommended source of guidance and support if you need it. Alternatively, any of the school’s staff may be able to assist with certain concerns.
|How Do Our Tuition Fees Compare?||Full time classroom based Further Education Courses - Approx. £5,000 per year - Part-time classroom based Adult Education Courses - Approx. £7.00 per hour - N.B. classroom tuition means you learn at the pace of the class. One-to-one private tuition - from £15.00 per hour - ADL one-to-one tution fees - From £340 per 100 Hour Course = Average of £3.40 per hour - N.B. one-to-one tuition is tailored to your own individual learning availability and pace.|
|Course Start||Begin your learning at any time.|
|Course Prerequisite||None - Our course levels are an indication of the depth of learning you should receive. They do not describe the level of difficulty.|
|Course Qualification (Study Option A)||Endorsed Qualification from TQUK - Training Qualifications UK, an Ofqual Approved Awarding Organisation - Completed written assignments and final evaluation per course/module to be taken.|
|Course Qualification (Study Option B)||Certificate of Attainment from ADL - Completed written assignments only - no final evaluation.|
|Comparative Credits Information||UK Course Credits: 10 - U.S. Credit Hours: 3 - when compared to regulated courses.|
|Course Duration and Deadlines||Course hours given are a guide only. You will be encouraged to work at your own pace to learn as much as you can, with no assignment deadlines or end date by which you must complete your course by. You are in control!|
|Study Support||Personal tutor/mentor support from industry relevant professionals throughout your whole course. Mentors are contactable by e-mail, telephone and through the Moodle online classroom. They provide assistance with your course material, plus discuss, explain and give advice when needed. They will also mark and grade your assignments, plus provide constructive and helpful feedback vital to your success.|
|Suitability for Self Employment and Small Businesses||Our courses are ideal for sole traders and small business owners and their staff. Customer confidence in what you can do will determine how successful you are in getting clients. Doing the job right using the correct knowledge and skills, leads to repeat business and referrals to friends, family and work colleagues. Completing one or more of our courses for the service you have to offer, will give you the tools to achieve this and grow your business.|
|Recognition of Your Course By Employers||We aim to achieve the correct balance between your qualification being recognised and providing you with the in-depth learning, to empower you to succeed. If you can demonstrate that you have the level of knowledge and transferable skills necessary to an employer, you should stand out from someone who has only received a superficial understanding of what's required - Select study option A when enrolling, so an employer can check the status of the awarding organisation for your qualification on the Ofqual Register.|
|Recognition of Your Course By Universities||As you will see on our Testimonials page, previous students have used their qualification from us to get into university. However each one will have its own entrance criteria and acceptance may also depend on your other qualifications and experience. We can approach up to three universities on your behalf with details of our course before you enrol, so you will know whether it will be accepted as part of their application process. Please complete our contact form and we will begin the process.|
|Designing Your Own Qualification||Bundle up your choice of related courses to form your own qualification. Our Advanced Certificates (4 courses), Diplomas (6 courses), Advanced Diplomas (8 courses) and Higher Advanced Diplomas (12 courses), are used to differentiate between the in-depth knowledge and skills you will acquire in your chosen area of study. e.g. Advanced Certificate in Turf Care Management, which includes individual courses: Turf Care, Sports Turf Care, Turf Repair and Renovation and Turf Grasses.|
|How Can I Enrol?||Online by selecting your study option, learning materials, plus payment option and then clicking the Enrol Now button - By contacting us for an application form - By telephoning us on 01227 789 649 (International: 0044 1227 789 649). Lines open 9am till 5pm Monday to Friday, excluding Bank Holidays and between Christmas and New Year.|
|How Can I Get a Pro-forma Invoice for my Employer?||Contact us with details and we will email your employer an invoice. We will need: employer's name, address, telephone number, email address and contact name. We will also require your name, telephone number, email address, date of birth and the course and code you wish to enrol for.|
"Fantastic Teacher. Well organised modules. Assignments force me to learn and research more so I can prepare well for exams. I really enjoyed studying via ADL. I can now continue study at Ulster University which accept my certificate from ADL". Level 4, Advanced Certificate in Applied Science, VSC001, Stanislawa, Poland.
Its with great pleasure I am announcing you my new job as 'Park Manager' for a 5 star hotel in Reunion Island. Its definitely my courses with ADL (Botany, Agronomy and Trees for Rehabilitation) which were decisive for my nomination. Accordingly, my sincere thanks goes to all the ADL team.
"The course was a valuable learning experience as it provided me with the knowledge and understanding for me as a Careers Advisor. The feedback was very good from my tutor, and allowed me to build upon my assignments that were marked. The comments were very informative and very useful. Well written course material." Andrew W, Careers Counselling, UKMore Reviews....