Ask a question
Communications course online. Learn to communicate successfully! This course improves your ability to communicate in all situations. You learn to write and speak more fluently. Behaviour, visual communications, language, public speaking, conducting meetings, writing letters and reports, communications technology, and lots more are covered. This course forms part of an Advanced Certificate in Applied Management unit which will earn you credit if you choose to continue your studies.
Lesson Structure: Communications VWR100
There are 8 lessons:
- Toto gain an understanding of the concepts of communications
- Types of Communication
- To identify the types of communications and barriers to communication.
- Language Skills
- To develop language skills, particularly wording.
- Writing Skills
- To evaluate and improve writing skills and themes.
- Developing Writing Skills
- To develop journalistic concepts in writing.
- Visual Communications
- To identify the significance of visual representation of information.
- Public Speaking
- To become aware of the techniques of speaking in public and prepare a speech.
- Committee Meetings
- To identify the function and processes involved in a committee meeting
This course is taught by:
Learning Goals: Communications VWR100
- Explain the communication process
- Explain the types of communication approaches used.
- Demonstrate language skills that are concise and precise.
- Explain the importance of writing as an effective form of communication.
- Demonstrate writing skills as an effective form of communication.
- Describe various forms of visual communication and how they are generally used to impart messages.
- Prepare for effective verbal communication.
- Conduct committee meetings.
Practicals: Communications VWR100
People can Communicate poorly in many different ways, for example:
- Fragmented Sentence (ie.This is where a writer incorrectly ends a sentence that is not a complete sentence)
- Run on Sentences (ie. Two clauses or sentences are not separated.e.g. I ate this morning my friend ate leftovers).
- Comma Splices (ie. This occurs when two independent clauses are joined together by a comma. e.g. The soup cooked for three hours, it was tasteless.)
- Dangling Modifier (ie. A modifier is a word or phrase that modifies (tells more about) word or phrase. A dangling modifier occurs where the thing being modified is not included.Â e.g. Typing at my computer, the foot rail broke off).
- Confusion can also arise when you say or write one thing but your facial expressions or actions are inconsistent with what you say.
There are many other issues to consider and understand with respect to communication; and this is precisely what this course will do.
|Course Start||Anytime, Anywhere|
|Course Hours||100 hours|
|Recognised Issuing Body||TQUK - Training Qualifications UK, an Ofqual Approved Awarding Organisation.|
|Course Prerequisite||No, start at anytime|
|Course Qualification||Level 4 Certificate in Communications|
|Exam Required?||Finalised with exam/test|
|UK Course Credits||10 Credits|
|US Course Credit Hours||3 Credit Hours|
|Study Support||You'll be allocated your own personal tutor/mentor who will support and mentor you throughout your whole course. Our tutors/mentors have been specifically chosen for their business expertise, qualifications and must be active within their industry. Tutors are contactable by e-mail, telephone and through our Moodle Student Support Zone online. Tutors are there to provide assistance with course material, discuss, explain and give advice and support throughout the whole programme. Their feedback is vital to your success.|
"Fantastic Teacher. Well organised modules. Assignments force me to learn and research more so I can prepare well for exams. I really enjoyed studying via ADL. I can now continue study at Ulster University which accept my certificate from ADL". Level 4, Advanced Certificate in Applied Science, VSC001, Stanislawa, Poland.
Its with great pleasure I am announcing you my new job as 'Park Manager' for a 5 star hotel in Reunion Island. Its definitely my courses with ADL (Botany, Agronomy and Tree for Rehabilitation) which were decisive for my nomination. Accordingly, my sincere thanks goes to all the ADL team.
"The course was a valuable learning experience as it provided me with the knowledge and understanding for me as a Careers Advisor. The feedback was very good from my tutor, and allowed me to build upon my assignments that were marked. The comments were very informative and very useful. Well written course material." Andrew W, Careers Counselling, UK
"It exceeded my expectations. It was more comprehensive than I expected and the assignments really stimulated deep study of the subject. Thank you for your guidance. I am delighted with my certificate and will recommend this course and ADL to my friends and colleagues." G Flaherty, Ornithology BEN102, Ireland
"I want to thank you for the course - Hotel Management- I've just finished now. The course was comprehensive and well edited. For sure it can give a new worker in the hospitality industry the basic theoretical and practical knowledge required". Daniel K, Hotel Management, Romania
"Upon completing the Interior Plants Course I was offered my dream job. Taking this class was one of the best decisions I've made, the information I received was invaluable. Thank you ADL". Meg V, Interior Plants, Florida, USA.
“I am delighted to report that I passed the exam and received a “Pass with Commendation”. I appreciate very much the detail that you went into, in the correction of my assignments and I found your advice and extra subject information invaluable in advancing my interest and knowledge in horticulture”. Go raibh mile maith agat! (a thousand thanks!) Colin, RHS Cert II, Ireland
"Although my main interest in Earth Science is Geology I found this course excellent. The course notes were very interesting and useful throughout the course. Thank you to the ADL staff for their excellent service" Barry. Earth Science
"I received good feedback, and had an efficient turnaround of assignments, useful comments and grades to analyse." Andrew, Calf Rearing
"I enjoyed the course and developed a good understanding of learning and behaviour disorders. I feel this will be helpful in my role as a Clerk at a local primary school". The course met my expectations and I enjoyed the challenge of learning about conditions i knew little about. The presentation of the course and the opportunity to communicate with my tutor was valuable. I enjoyed the course so much , I am planning to do another! Jennifer C, Developmental Learning and Behavioural Disorders in Children and Adolescents, UK