Water Conservation and Management 100 Hours Certificate Course
Ask a question
Water Conservation and Management 100 Hours Certificate Course
Water Conservation and Management course online. Home Study in Water Conservation course or via Online Learning. Develop and learn how to design, implement and assess water management plans and procedures.
Understand how water resources,the use and application of water conservation measures in different contexts. Improve your capacity to design, implement and assess water management plans and procedures. This home study course will help you understand why water is the most important resource in order to sustain life. All living organisms need water to survive. This course will teach you how to conserve this precious resource in various situations from the home environment to industry. Lesson cover water conservation at home, in the workplace, water management, conservation in primary production I & II, health, recycling and more.
Lesson Structure: Water Conservation and Management BEN302
There are 10 lessons:
- Introduction to water conservation;
- Importance of water;
- The water cycle rainfall, evaporation, infiltration, effective rainfall;
- Water sources and storage water quality;
- Facts on water uses water use at home, in primary and other industries;
- Why conserve water personal, regional and global significance.
- Water conservation at home
- In Australia;
- In the United Kingdom;
- In the United States;
- Measures undertaken to save water in the home in the kitchen, bathroom and in the garden;
- Water Saving Devices.
- Water conservation in the workplace
- General principles;
- Implementing water saving strategies;
- Installing small appliances;
- Large water saving devices.
- Water management
- Water quality maintaining water quality, salinity, chemical contaminants;
- Controlling Use and Quality of Water water flow measurement, water quality control, testing water salinity;
- Preserving Water Quality minimising evaporation, water sanitation;
- Water Audits;
- Water Management Plans.
- Water conservation in Primary Production I
- Water Saving Measures
- Water Wise Plants
- Water Wise Procedures
- Water Wise Irrigation systems
- Water Wise Landscaping
- Equipment, structures and tools to save water
- Water conservation in Primary Production II
- Use of water in primary production
- Methods of water storage
- Rainwater collection and storage
- Bore water
- Farm dams planning, lined ponds
- Water Requirements livestock requirements, domestic requirements
- Water Quality
- Water Problems on Farms contamination and disposal of water, evaporation, seepage, runoff, overspray, scheduling
- Using Farm Waste Water
- Irrigation System Design
- Maintenance Procedures and Scheduling
- Surface/Flood Irrigation
- Sprinkler Irrigation
- Swales and Keylines
- Water conservation in Services industries
- Use of Water in Services Industry
- Contamination and Disposal of Water
- Water conservation and Health
- Hospitals, nursing homes, laundries, clinical laboratories, dental practices, human and animal research facilities
- Uses of water in Health Industry control pathogens, general use
- Water minimisation
- Water efficiency
- Water conservation in other sectors
- Use of water in manufacturing, construction and heavy industry
- Water use in the production process
- Examples of water using activities in food facilities
- Water holding
- Benefits of cleaner production
- Water treatment, reuse and recyclingWater Sanitation filtering and disinfection
- Water Reuse and Recycling classification and composition of waste water.
- Recycling Wastewater
- Wastewater treatment
- Suitable plants
- Treating saline water
Learning Goals: Water Conservation and Management BEN302
- Explain the importance of water in the world and the reasons for its sustainable conservation and management.
- Explain the importance of water conservation and methods to save water at the workplace.
- Explain the importance of water conservation and methods to save water at home.
- Explain water flow and quality control.
- Explain water audits and water management plans.
- Explain the importance of water conservation and methods to save water in Horticulture
- Explain the importance of water conservation and methods to save water in Agriculture.
- Explain the importance of water conservation and methods to save water in the Services Industry.
- Explain the importance of water conservation and methods to save water in the Health Industry and allied services.
- Explain the importance of water conservation and methods to save water in other occupations.
- Explain water sanitation and wastewater treatment methods and the difference with water reuse and recycling.
|Course Start||Begin your course at anytime.|
|Course Prerequisite||None - Our course levels are an indication of the depth of learning you should receive. They do not describe the level of difficulty.|
|Course Qualification (Study Option A)||Endorsed Qualification from TQUK - Training Qualifications UK, an Ofqual Approved Awarding Organisation - Completed written assignments, plus final exam (N.B. Some courses have Final Project alternative).|
|Course Qualification (Study Option B)||Certificate of Attainment from ADL - Completed written assignments only - no final exam.|
|Comparative Credits Information||UK Course Credits: 10 - U.S. Credit Hours: 3 - when compared to regulated courses.|
|Course Duration and Deadlines||100 hours approx. Course hours given are a guide only. Work at your own pace with no assignment deadlines or completion date. You are in control!|
|Study Support||Personal tutor/mentor support from industry relevant professionals throughout your whole course. Mentors are contactable by e-mail, telephone and through the online classroom. They provide assistance with your course material, plus discuss, explain and give advice when needed.|
|Suitability for Self Employment and Small Businesses||Our courses are ideal for sole traders and small business owners and their staff. Customer confidence in what you can do will determine how successful you are in getting clients. Completing one or more of our courses for the service you have to offer, will give you the tools to grow your business.|
|Recognition of Your Course By Employers||We aim to achieve the correct balance between your qualification being recognised and providing you with the in-depth learning, to empower you to succeed. Select study option A when enrolling, so an employer can check the status of the awarding organisation for your qualification on the Ofqual Register.|
|Recognition of Your Course By Universities||Previous students have used their qualification to get into university. However each one will have its own entrance criteria and acceptance may also depend on your other qualifications and experience.|
|Designing Your Own Qualification||Bundle up your choice of related courses to form your own qualification. Choose from a Diploma (6 courses), Advanced Diploma (8 courses) and Higher Advanced Diploma (12 courses.|
|How Can I Enrol?||Online via eCommerce, by completing our Online Application Form, or by calling us on +44 (0) 1227 789 649. Lines open 9am till 5pm Monday to Friday, excluding Bank Holidays and between Christmas and New Year.|
|How Can I Get a Pro-forma Invoice for my Employer?||Contact us with details and we will email your employer an invoice. We will need: employer's name, address, telephone number, email address and contact name. We will also require your name, telephone number, email address, date of birth and the course and code you wish to enrol for.|
"Fantastic Teacher. Well organised modules. Assignments force me to learn and research more so I can prepare well for exams. I really enjoyed studying via ADL. I can now continue study at Ulster University which accept my certificate from ADL". Level 4, Advanced Certificate in Applied Science, VSC001, Stanislawa, Poland.
Its with great pleasure I am announcing you my new job as 'Park Manager' for a 5 star hotel in Reunion Island. Its definitely my courses with ADL (Botany, Agronomy and Trees for Rehabilitation) which were decisive for my nomination. Accordingly, my sincere thanks goes to all the ADL team.
"The course was a valuable learning experience as it provided me with the knowledge and understanding for me as a Careers Advisor. The feedback was very good from my tutor, and allowed me to build upon my assignments that were marked. The comments were very informative and very useful. Well written course material." Andrew W, Careers Counselling, UKMore Reviews....