Health & Well-Being 100 Hours Certificate Course
Hi, Just wondering what qualification will be awarded upon completion of the course if I choose the accredited option? Thanks, Rebecca
Thank you for your question. If you select study option A, your qualification will be endorsed and issued by TQUK (Training Qualifications UK), which is an approved awarding organisation on the Ofqual Register. Ofqual is a non-ministerial government department and TQUK is listed as recognised.
I hope this helps.
Hi there, is this course (Health & Well-Being) worth anything in terms of UCAS points? Many thanks, Alice
Our courses are delivered internationally and so are not part of any national framework. We concentrate on the quality of the learning, so that it will be recognised by employers and universities. Many students have used our courses to help them to gain a university place in the UK and abroad. If you want to use the qualification to help you in a university application, it is best to approach the university you are interested in first and ask them if they will accept our course towards their entry requirements.
Ask a question
Health & Well-Being 100 Hours Certificate Course
Health & Well-Being course online. A wide-ranging Home Study course to broaden your health and well-being knowledge! This comprehensive foundation course develops an understanding of the nature and scope of human health and well-being, and of the health and fitness industry looking at subjects such as nutrition, lifestyle, preventative health, and alternative medicine.
Health and Wellness Coaches help their clients to integrate all of these into their lives, so that both their mental and physical health is better.
As a Health and Well-being Consultant, you will be able to use the skills you will acquire in this course to encourage your clients to make positive lifestyle changes to increase their general feeling of being well and support them until they reach their health goals. By helping your client to visualise their health and well-being targets, you will help them to change their psychological mindset empowering them to meet them.
As you see your clients gain more confidence in their ability to make the necessary changes to achieve their health and well-being goals, you will feel that you are providing a valuable service in helping them to do so.
In this course written by industry professionals and regularly updated to remain relevant, you will gain an industry overview, how modern life affects people's lifestyle, good nutrition and healthy eating, how to help people to manage stress, preventing health issues occurring, alternative medicine and basic first-aid techniques.
This course is accredited by ACCPH and allows you to join as a professional member after completion. Membership allows you to add the letters MACCPH after your name (post-nominals).
Learning Goals: Health & Well-Being VRE102
- Describe the nature and scope of the Health and Fitness Industry
- Discuss a range of modern lifestyle problems
- Describe nutritional requirements for a well balanced diet
- Determine appropriate dietary requirements for different demographic groups.
- Describe stress management strategies for different people.
- Outline basic preventative strategies and how they can be implemented
- Evaluate the usefulness of alternative medical practices in treating and preventing illness.
- Recommend first aid practices appropriate to a range of problems.
Lesson Structure: Health & Well-Being VRE102
There are 8 lessons:
1 Industry Overview
- Scope of the health and fitness industries
- Defining fitness
- Resources and networking
- Aerobic fitness
2 Modern Lifestyle Problems
- Health risks and physical activity
- Hazardous substances
- Food allergies
- Health care strategy for an aging population
- Wellbeing of special demographic groups: pregnant women, children, obese people, people with disabilities etc
3 Human Nutrition
- Nutrition basics
- Carbohydrates, proteins, fats
- Dietary fibre, vitamins, mineralsBalanced diet
- The food pyramid
- Principles of weight loss
- Dietary protein intake and physical activity
- Food combining
4 Healthy Eating
- Nutrition and diet problems
- Nutritive value with cooking and processing
- Plant foods
- Processing food
- Canning and pasteurisation
- Freezing, drying, etc
5 Stress Management
- Body changes caused by stress
- Muscle response
- Gastrointestinal response
- Cardiovascular response
- Stress management program
- Easy living
- Stress cures
- Drugs and alcohol
6 Preventative Health
- Responsibility for your own health
- Self esteem
- Managing your own career
- Decision making
- Emotional security
- Problem solving
- Personal style inventory
- Motivations and barriers for exercise
7 Alternative Medicine
- Herbal medicines
- Complimentary therapies
- Pain points; trigger points
- Counselling and psychological therapies
- Relaxation therapies
- Other therapies
8 Basic First Aid
- Soft tissue injuriesWounds
- Shock and fainting
- Strains, sprains and dislocations
- Heat and cold
- Eye injuries
- Spinal injuries
- Health promotion at work
Each lesson culminates in an assignment which is submitted to the academy and marked by your tutor and returned to you with any relevant suggestions, comments, and if necessary, extra reading.
- This course aims to develop an understanding of health and wellbeing that can be applied to design a personal fitness program. Below is a list of some activities and tasks that you will complete in this course:
- Create a resource file of health and fitness related businesses, contacts, services etc.
- Interview people to learn how they rate their health and fitness and what they do to improve/maintain them.
- Identify ways to overcome a health/fitness problem in your own life.
- Identify different food allergies and ways to deal with them.
- Identify eating and nutritional disorders and describe possible treatments.
- Explain how age, level of activity, gender and other factors affect their dietary needs.
- Explain the principle of food combining.
- List the effects of alcohol abuse.
- Explain how high self esteem is achieved, and consider positive and negative effects.
- Identify services in your area that offer natural therapies and what they entail.
- Find out what first aid courses are available in your region, and what is entailed.
- List items that should be kept in a basic first aid kit.
- Describe the procedure for dealing with a broken bone.
|Course Start||Begin your course at anytime.|
|Course Prerequisite||None - Our course levels are an indication of the depth of learning you should receive. They do not describe the level of difficulty.|
|Course Qualification (Study Option A)||Endorsed Qualification from TQUK - Training Qualifications UK, an Ofqual Approved Awarding Organisation - Completed written assignments, plus final exam (N.B. Some courses have Final Project alternative).|
|Course Qualification (Study Option B)||Certificate of Attainment from ADL - Completed written assignments only - no final exam.|
|Comparative Credits Information||UK Course Credits: 10 - U.S. Credit Hours: 3 - when compared to regulated courses.|
|Course Duration and Deadlines||100 hours approx. Course hours given are a guide only. Work at your own pace with no assignment deadlines or completion date. You are in control!|
|Study Support||Personal tutor/mentor support from industry relevant professionals throughout your whole course. Mentors are contactable by e-mail, telephone and through the online classroom. They provide assistance with your course material, plus discuss, explain and give advice when needed.|
|Suitability for Self Employment and Small Businesses||Our courses are ideal for sole traders and small business owners and their staff. Customer confidence in what you can do will determine how successful you are in getting clients. Completing one or more of our courses for the service you have to offer, will give you the tools to grow your business.|
|Recognition of Your Course By Employers||We aim to achieve the correct balance between your qualification being recognised and providing you with the in-depth learning, to empower you to succeed. Select study option A when enrolling, so an employer can check the status of the awarding organisation for your qualification on the Ofqual Register.|
|Recognition of Your Course By Universities||Previous students have used their qualification to get into university. However each one will have its own entrance criteria and acceptance may also depend on your other qualifications and experience.|
|Designing Your Own Qualification||Bundle up your choice of related courses to form your own qualification. Choose from a Diploma (6 courses), Advanced Diploma (8 courses) and Higher Advanced Diploma (12 courses.|
|How Can I Enrol?||Online via eCommerce, by completing our Online Application Form, or by calling us on +44 (0) 1227 789 649. Lines open 9am till 5pm Monday to Friday, excluding Bank Holidays and between Christmas and New Year.|
|How Can I Get a Pro-forma Invoice for my Employer?||Contact us with details and we will email your employer an invoice. We will need: employer's name, address, telephone number, email address and contact name. We will also require your name, telephone number, email address, date of birth and the course and code you wish to enrol for.|
|ACCPH Professional Accreditation||Accredited by ACCPH, which allows you to join as a professional member after completion. Membership means you can add the letters MACCPH after your name.|
"Fantastic Teacher. Well organised modules. Assignments force me to learn and research more so I can prepare well for exams. I really enjoyed studying via ADL. I can now continue study at Ulster University which accept my certificate from ADL". Level 4, Advanced Certificate in Applied Science, VSC001, Stanislawa, Poland.
Its with great pleasure I am announcing you my new job as 'Park Manager' for a 5 star hotel in Reunion Island. Its definitely my courses with ADL (Botany, Agronomy and Trees for Rehabilitation) which were decisive for my nomination. Accordingly, my sincere thanks goes to all the ADL team.
"The course was a valuable learning experience as it provided me with the knowledge and understanding for me as a Careers Advisor. The feedback was very good from my tutor, and allowed me to build upon my assignments that were marked. The comments were very informative and very useful. Well written course material." Andrew W, Careers Counselling, UKMore Reviews....