Ask a question
Delivering Distance Education 100 Hours Certificate Course
We put decades of experience and expertise in distance education into our new course, Delivering Distance Education. Some of the topics covered are: paper-based correspondence courses, online training, video courses, telephone conferencing, and e-learning.
Learning Goals: Delivering Distance Education BGN108
- Identify differences between various modes of distance education and other forms of education.
- Determine appropriate methods for communicating with, and motivating action from, new distance education students.
- Provide effective support services to students undertaking distance education studies.
- Explain the ways that teachers and students can work together by using effective listening skills, problem solving techniques, empathy and other interactive strategies to maintain effective and meaningful relationships in the learning process.
- Manage physical and human resources within a distance education program to achieve appropriate benefit for cost expended.
- Conduct effective assessment of distance education students.
- Conduct effective administration of distance education students.
- Improve students? and teachers? ability to communicate effectively in a distance education environment.
- Provide support for graduates upon or following completion of a distance education course.
Lesson Structure: Delivering Distance Education BGN108
There are 9 lessons in this course:
1 Scope and Nature of Distance Education
- Trends in Education
- Changes in the World and their Impact on Distance Education
- Growth in Distance Education Industry
- Advantages and Disadvantages of Distance Education
- Forms of Distance Education
- Traditional Distance Education (paper-based education)
- Mentor guided projects or research
- Video or audio courses
- Real Time Conferencing
- E Learning
- Blended learning
- What Style of Study Works Best
- Adapting Teacher-Learning Models to Distance Education
- Exposition Model
- Behavioural Model
- Cognitive Development Model
- Interaction Model
- Transaction Model
- Comparing Online Education with Traditional Distance Education
2 Getting the Student Started
- Profiling Students who are New to Distance Education
- Making the Transition
- Getting Past the First Lesson
- How to Do Assignments
- Time Management
- Writing Style
- Completing Assignments
3 Supporting Students
- Introduction to Nature and Benefits of Support Services in Distance Education
- Types of Support Services
- Guidelines for Counselling New or Prospective Students
- Guidelines for Completing Assignments
- Help with Research
4 Real Time Support
- Dealing with Practical Work
- Telephone Conference
- Online Chat
- Video Conferencing
- Workshops and Attended Events
- Conducting Structured Exercises in Small Groups
- Listening Skills
- Empathic Listening
5 Managing Resources
- Scope of Resources
- Cost of Resourcing
- Considering Resourcing Options
- PBL Project to manage resources for a specified distance education course.
- Various Approaches to Assessment
- Types of Assessment for Distance Education
- Submitting and Processing Assignments
- Marking Exams
- Exam Procedures and Processes
7 Student Administration
- Advice for Prospective Students
- Enrolment Procedures
- Student Records
8 Communication Skills
- Interpersonal Communication Skills for Distance Education
- Classroom Education does not Suit Everyone
- Understanding What Impairs a Student's Focus
- Managing Feedback and Course Improvement
- Practical Examination
9 Supporting Graduates
- Cost Vs. Benefit
- Direct Support
- Assistance with C.V.'s
- Networking Services
- Career Advice
- Ongoing Use of Student Services
- News Bulletins
Each lesson culminates in an assignment which is submitted to the school, marked by the school's tutors and returned to you with any relevant suggestions, comments, and if necessary, extra reading.
- Investigate the scope and nature of distance education being used in your country, both by: a/ Government Education Services and b/ Private enterprise
- Describe which method of distance education you think is most appropriate for specified skills
- Interview students from the same course or a course in the same field to find what motivates them to complete the course.
- Give an example of a positive and a negative incentive in an educational setting.
- Give an example of where a negative incentive may be appropriate and explain why.
- List three (3) practical ways a teacher might develop inquisitiveness or curiosity amongst students
- Explain how your approach might be different when trying to motivate a perfectionist or high achiever compared to motivating a person with low self esteem or lack of enthusiasm
- Investigate 2 other distance educations schools and compare support services in each.
- Explain how you could increase the capacity of the learning experience to cater to varied individual needs amongst D.E. students studying on line courses
- Observe and record listening behaviour
- Describe what applications you think chat has for distance education
- Outline training needed before using a new tutor (with only classroom teaching experience) as a distance education tutor, who needs to communicate with D.E. students using a variety of different communication methods
|How Do Our Tuition Fees Compare?||Full time classroom based Further Education Courses - Approx. £5,000 per year - Part-time classroom based Adult Education Courses - Approx. £7.00 per hour - N.B. classroom tuition means you learn at the pace of the class. One-to-one private tuition - from £15.00 per hour - ADL one-to-one tution fees - From £340 per 100 Hour Course = Average of £3.40 per hour - N.B. one-to-one tuition is tailored to your own individual learning availability and pace.|
|Course Start||Begin your learning at any time.|
|Course Prerequisite||None - Our course levels are an indication of the depth of learning you should receive. They do not describe the level of difficulty.|
|Course Qualification (Study Option A)||Endorsed Qualification from TQUK - Training Qualifications UK, an Ofqual Approved Awarding Organisation - Completed written assignments and final evaluation per course/module to be taken.|
|Course Qualification (Study Option B)||Certificate of Attainment from ADL - Completed written assignments only - no final evaluation.|
|Comparative Credits Information||UK Course Credits: 10 - U.S. Credit Hours: 3 - when compared to regulated courses.|
|Course Duration and Deadlines||Course hours given are a guide only. You will be encouraged to work at your own pace to learn as much as you can, with no assignment deadlines or end date by which you must complete your course by. You are in control!|
|Study Support||Personal tutor/mentor support from industry relevant professionals throughout your whole course. Mentors are contactable by e-mail, telephone and through the Moodle online classroom. They provide assistance with your course material, plus discuss, explain and give advice when needed. They will also mark and grade your assignments, plus provide constructive and helpful feedback vital to your success.|
|Suitability for Self Employment and Small Businesses||Our courses are ideal for sole traders and small business owners and their staff. Customer confidence in what you can do will determine how successful you are in getting clients. Doing the job right using the correct knowledge and skills, leads to repeat business and referrals to friends, family and work colleagues. Completing one or more of our courses for the service you have to offer, will give you the tools to achieve this and grow your business.|
|Recognition of Your Course By Employers||We aim to achieve the correct balance between your qualification being recognised and providing you with the in-depth learning, to empower you to succeed. If you can demonstrate that you have the level of knowledge and transferable skills necessary to an employer, you should stand out from someone who has only received a superficial understanding of what's required - Select study option A when enrolling, so an employer can check the status of the awarding organisation for your qualification on the Ofqual Register.|
|Recognition of Your Course By Universities||As you will see on our Testimonials page, previous students have used their qualification from us to get into university. However each one will have its own entrance criteria and acceptance may also depend on your other qualifications and experience. We can approach up to three universities on your behalf with details of our course before you enrol, so you will know whether it will be accepted as part of their application process. Please complete our contact form and we will begin the process.|
|Designing Your Own Qualification||Bundle up your choice of related courses to form your own qualification. Our Advanced Certificates (4 courses), Diplomas (6 courses), Advanced Diplomas (8 courses) and Higher Advanced Diplomas (12 courses), are used to differentiate between the in-depth knowledge and skills you will acquire in your chosen area of study. e.g. Advanced Certificate in Turf Care Management, which includes individual courses: Turf Care, Sports Turf Care, Turf Repair and Renovation and Turf Grasses.|
|How Can I Enrol?||Online by selecting your study option, learning materials, plus payment option and then clicking the Enrol Now button - By contacting us for an application form - By telephoning us on 01227 789 649 (International: 0044 1227 789 649). Lines open 9am till 5pm Monday to Friday, excluding Bank Holidays and between Christmas and New Year.|
|How Can I Get a Pro-forma Invoice for my Employer?||Contact us with details and we will email your employer an invoice. We will need: employer's name, address, telephone number, email address and contact name. We will also require your name, telephone number, email address, date of birth and the course and code you wish to enrol for.|
Delivering Distance Education 100 Hours Certificate Course
"Fantastic Teacher. Well organised modules. Assignments force me to learn and research more so I can prepare well for exams. I really enjoyed studying via ADL. I can now continue study at Ulster University which accept my certificate from ADL". Level 4, Advanced Certificate in Applied Science, VSC001, Stanislawa, Poland.
Its with great pleasure I am announcing you my new job as 'Park Manager' for a 5 star hotel in Reunion Island. Its definitely my courses with ADL (Botany, Agronomy and Trees for Rehabilitation) which were decisive for my nomination. Accordingly, my sincere thanks goes to all the ADL team.
"The course was a valuable learning experience as it provided me with the knowledge and understanding for me as a Careers Advisor. The feedback was very good from my tutor, and allowed me to build upon my assignments that were marked. The comments were very informative and very useful. Well written course material." Andrew W, Careers Counselling, UKMore Reviews....