Ask a question
Youth Leadership 600 Hours Diploma
Diploma in Youth Leadership course online. Study to gain the skills and knowledge needed to secure a job in a challenging and rewarding role as a youth leader. By studying at home by distance education you can progress through this course at a pace which suits you.
Youth leadership training is designed to give you confidence to work as a youth leader - you will be responsible for young people and will need effective communication skills to be successful. Study this course to expand on your current knowledge or to build news skills for your career!
Lesson Structure: Diploma in Youth Leadership VRE015
- Play Leadership VRE101
- Recreation Leadership VRE100
- Bushcraft And Wilderness Activities (Survival Skills) BTR201
Elective Modules: (Choose 3)
- Child Psychology BPS104
- Health & Fitness I BRE101
- Motivation VBS111
- Self Sufficiency I (Be More Self Sufficient) ASS100
- Adolescent Psychology BPS211
- Careers Counselling BPS202
- Developmental Psychology BPS210
Learning Goals: Diploma in Youth Leadership VRE015
Key aims of play leadership include:
- Explain the purpose of play in the cognitive, physical and social development of a child.
- Develop a plan for a supervised children's play program.
- Understand the impact of play upon the psychological development of a child.
- Determine appropriate measures to take to protect a child's safety when at play.
- Understand options for physical play activities, including games and sports.
- To develop an ability to evaluate quality, safety features, appropriate applications of equipment.
- Devlop the ability to plan, establish and manage a supervised adventure.
Key aims of recreation leadership include:
- Learn about qualities which are required in a leader in different leadership situations.
- Manage interpersonal relationships in support of effective leadership.
- Communication leadership messages effectively to those you lead.
- Select appropriate thought processes to follow in order to deal with different leadership problems.
- Lead teams through innovative and creative processes.
Key aims of bushcraft and wilderness activities:
- Be able to prepare for an excursion into a wilderness area
- Determine appropriate methods of protecting against the elements.
- Deal with a range of emergencies in a wilderness situation, including developing contingency plans and determining appropriate first aid.
- Explain campsite establishment and management.
- Determine appropriate procedures for managing different passive wilderness activities.
- Determine appropriate procedures for managing different water based wilderness activities.
- Determine appropriate procedures for managing different active wilderness activities
Example of a set task from this course:
- Interview three friends, acquaintances, or colleagues who you have had some contact with in a recreation setting. Interview each for approximately twenty minutes each. Ask them to think about leaders they have encountered in their lives. Who was the best leader? What qualities made them a good leader? Who was the worst leader? What traits made them a bad leader? (Please maintain confidentiality, do not use real names). Make notes of the comments.
|How Do Our Tuition Fees Compare?||Full time classroom based Further Education Courses - Approx. £5,000 per year - Part-time classroom based Adult Education Courses - Approx. £7.00 per hour - N.B. classroom tuition means you learn at the pace of the class. One-to-one private tuition - from £15.00 per hour - ADL one-to-one tution fees - From £340 per 100 Hour Course = Average of £3.40 per hour - N.B. one-to-one tuition is tailored to your own individual learning availability and pace.|
|Course Start||Begin your learning at any time.|
|Course Prerequisite||None - Our course levels are an indication of the depth of learning you should receive. They do not describe the level of difficulty.|
|Course Qualification (Study Option A)||Endorsed Qualification from TQUK - Training Qualifications UK, an Ofqual Approved Awarding Organisation - Completed written assignments and final evaluation per course/module to be taken.|
|Course Qualification (Study Option B)||Certificate of Attainment from ADL - Completed written assignments only - no final evaluation.|
|Comparative Credits Information||UK Course Credits: 60 - U.S. Credit Hours: 18 - when compared to regulated courses.|
|Course Duration and Deadlines||Course hours given are a guide only. You will be encouraged to work at your own pace to learn as much as you can, with no assignment deadlines or end date by which you must complete your course by. You are in control!|
|Study Support||Personal tutor/mentor support from industry relevant professionals throughout your whole course. Mentors are contactable by e-mail, telephone and through the Moodle online classroom. They provide assistance with your course material, plus discuss, explain and give advice when needed. They will also mark and grade your assignments, plus provide constructive and helpful feedback vital to your success.|
|Suitability for Self Employment and Small Businesses||Our courses are ideal for sole traders and small business owners and their staff. Customer confidence in what you can do will determine how successful you are in getting clients. Doing the job right using the correct knowledge and skills, leads to repeat business and referrals to friends, family and work colleagues. Completing one or more of our courses for the service you have to offer, will give you the tools to achieve this and grow your business.|
|Recognition of Your Course By Employers||We aim to achieve the correct balance between your qualification being recognised and providing you with the in-depth learning, to empower you to succeed. If you can demonstrate that you have the level of knowledge and transferable skills necessary to an employer, you should stand out from someone who has only received a superficial understanding of what's required - Select study option A when enrolling, so an employer can check the status of the awarding organisation for your qualification on the Ofqual Register.|
|Recognition of Your Course By Universities||As you will see on our Testimonials page, previous students have used their qualification from us to get into university. However each one will have its own entrance criteria and acceptance may also depend on your other qualifications and experience. We can approach up to three universities on your behalf with details of our course before you enrol, so you will know whether it will be accepted as part of their application process. Please complete our contact form and we will begin the process.|
|Designing Your Own Qualification||Bundle up your choice of related courses to form your own qualification. Our Advanced Certificates (4 courses), Diplomas (6 courses), Advanced Diplomas (8 courses) and Higher Advanced Diplomas (12 courses), are used to differentiate between the in-depth knowledge and skills you will acquire in your chosen area of study. e.g. Advanced Certificate in Turf Care Management, which includes individual courses: Turf Care, Sports Turf Care, Turf Repair and Renovation and Turf Grasses.|
|How Can I Enrol?||Online by selecting your study option, learning materials, plus payment option and then clicking the Enrol Now button - By contacting us for an application form - By telephoning us on 01227 789 649 (International: 0044 1227 789 649). Lines open 9am till 5pm Monday to Friday, excluding Bank Holidays and between Christmas and New Year.|
|How Can I Get a Pro-forma Invoice for my Employer?||Contact us with details and we will email your employer an invoice. We will need: employer's name, address, telephone number, email address and contact name. We will also require your name, telephone number, email address, date of birth and the course and code you wish to enrol for.|
Youth Leadership 600 Hours Diploma
"Fantastic Teacher. Well organised modules. Assignments force me to learn and research more so I can prepare well for exams. I really enjoyed studying via ADL. I can now continue study at Ulster University which accept my certificate from ADL". Level 4, Advanced Certificate in Applied Science, VSC001, Stanislawa, Poland.
Its with great pleasure I am announcing you my new job as 'Park Manager' for a 5 star hotel in Reunion Island. Its definitely my courses with ADL (Botany, Agronomy and Trees for Rehabilitation) which were decisive for my nomination. Accordingly, my sincere thanks goes to all the ADL team.
"The course was a valuable learning experience as it provided me with the knowledge and understanding for me as a Careers Advisor. The feedback was very good from my tutor, and allowed me to build upon my assignments that were marked. The comments were very informative and very useful. Well written course material." Andrew W, Careers Counselling, UKMore Reviews....