Dog Psychology and Training 100 Hours Certificate Course
Ask a question
Dog Psychology and Training 100 Hours Certificate Course
Dog Psychology and Training course online. An understanding of canine psychology and behaviour is vitally important for anyone who works with dogs or keeps them as a companion animal.
Course Structure: Dog Psychology and Training BAG221
There are 9 lessons:
- Nature and Scope of Canine Psychology
- A brief history of the canine evolution
- Canine industries
- Canine Senses
- Understanding canine communication
- Body Language
- Elimination Postures
- Understanding Natural Canine Behaviour
- Social Structure
- Social Behaviour
- Clinical Problems
- Biological Rhythms
- Sexual Behaviour
- Maternal Behaviour
- Suckling and Weaning
- Eating and Drinking
- Canine Behavioural Development
- Nature or Nuture
- Sensitive Periods
- Neurological Development
- Canine Temperament Testing
- How Breeds Differ
- Canine Behavioural Disorders
- Attention Seeking Behaviour
- Excessive barking
- Running away
- Chasing moving objects
- Separation anxiety
- Excessive compulsive disorders
- Cognitive Dysfunction
- Calming a dog
- Basic Dog Training
- Forming habits
- Classical Conditioning
- Operant Conditioning
- House training
- The use of visual signals
- The use of voice commands
- The use of training aids
- Dog Obedience Training
- Practical Training Techniques
- Bark on Signal
- Controlling a Dogs Movement
- Territorial nature of dogs
- Dog doors
- Exercise requirements
- Socialisation requirments
- Walking on a lead/leash
- Electronic barriers
- Pet Registration and Licensing
- Controlling Killing Wildlife
- Training Working Dogs
- Training for scent discrimination or substance detection
- Training for retrieving
- Hearing dogs
- Controlling attacks on animals and people
Each lesson culminates in an assignment which is submitted to the academy, marked by the academy's tutors and returned to you with any relevant suggestions, comments, and if necessary, extra reading.
Aims: Dog Psychology and Training BAG221
- Describe how canine animals think and discuss the relevance of understanding canine psychology to people.
- Explain how canine animals communicate and formulate an understanding of possible ways that a human may communicate with a dog.
- Understand behaviours that are natural and predictable in canines and learn to recognise and understand signals that dogs give.
- Explain how dogs develop behavioural characteristics throughout stages of their life.
- Describe commonly occurring behavioural problems in dogs.
- Develop a program for training a new pet dog when it is brought into a household. • Explain how to train a dog to perform predetermined actions upon command.
- Describe how the movement of dogs can be controlled, both through training and other methods.
- Describe how dogs can be trained to perform tasks required as a working dog, including a sheep dog, tracking dog, blind dog or substance detection dog.
|How Do Our Tuition Fees Compare?|
|Course Start||Begin your course at anytime.|
|Course Prerequisite||None - Our course levels are an indication of the depth of learning you should receive. They do not describe the level of difficulty.|
|Course Qualification (Study Option A)||Endorsed Qualification from TQUK - Training Qualifications UK, an Ofqual Approved Awarding Organisation - Completed written assignments, plus final exam (N.B. Some courses have Final Project alternative).|
|Course Qualification (Study Option B)||Certificate of Attainment from ADL - Completed written assignments only - no final exam.|
|Comparative Credits Information||UK Course Credits: 10 - U.S. Credit Hours: 3 - when compared to regulated courses.|
|Course Duration and Deadlines||100 hours approx. Course hours given are a guide only. Work at your own pace with no assignment deadlines or completion date. You are in control!|
|Study Support||Personal tutor/mentor support from industry relevant professionals throughout your whole course. Mentors are contactable by e-mail, telephone and through the online classroom. They provide assistance with your course material, plus discuss, explain and give advice when needed.|
|Suitability for Self Employment and Small Businesses||Our courses are ideal for sole traders and small business owners and their staff. Customer confidence in what you can do will determine how successful you are in getting clients. Completing one or more of our courses for the service you have to offer, will give you the tools to grow your business.|
|Recognition of Your Course By Employers||We aim to achieve the correct balance between your qualification being recognised and providing you with the in-depth learning, to empower you to succeed. Select study option A when enrolling, so an employer can check the status of the awarding organisation for your qualification on the Ofqual Register.|
|Recognition of Your Course By Universities||Previous students have used their qualification to get into university. However each one will have its own entrance criteria and acceptance may also depend on your other qualifications and experience.|
|Designing Your Own Qualification||Bundle up your choice of related courses to form your own qualification. Choose from a Diploma (6 courses), Advanced Diploma (8 courses) and Higher Advanced Diploma (12 courses.|
|How Can I Enrol?||Online via eCommerce, by completing our Online Application Form, or by calling us on +44 (0) 1227 789 649. Lines open 9am till 5pm Monday to Friday, excluding Bank Holidays and between Christmas and New Year.|
|How Can I Get a Pro-forma Invoice for my Employer?||Contact us with details and we will email your employer an invoice. We will need: employer's name, address, telephone number, email address and contact name. We will also require your name, telephone number, email address, date of birth and the course and code you wish to enrol for.|
"Fantastic Teacher. Well organised modules. Assignments force me to learn and research more so I can prepare well for exams. I really enjoyed studying via ADL. I can now continue study at Ulster University which accept my certificate from ADL". Level 4, Advanced Certificate in Applied Science, VSC001, Stanislawa, Poland.
Its with great pleasure I am announcing you my new job as 'Park Manager' for a 5 star hotel in Reunion Island. Its definitely my courses with ADL (Botany, Agronomy and Trees for Rehabilitation) which were decisive for my nomination. Accordingly, my sincere thanks goes to all the ADL team.
"The course was a valuable learning experience as it provided me with the knowledge and understanding for me as a Careers Advisor. The feedback was very good from my tutor, and allowed me to build upon my assignments that were marked. The comments were very informative and very useful. Well written course material." Andrew W, Careers Counselling, UKMore Reviews....