Event Management 100 Hours Certificate Course
Ask a question
Event Management 100 Hours Certificate Course
Event Management course online. This comprehensive course develops knowledge and skills in the planning and management of a variety of special events including concerts, festivals, exhibitions, charitable and fund-raising events plus sporting events.
Get into Event Management with this excellent online distance learning course and take advantage of what is an exciting and growing industry. If you like being an organiser and want to learn how to manage varied events both big and small as a career, then this is the course for you. Written by industry relevant professionals, the course is very comprehensive and will give you a solid foundation in different events management, from which to build a rewarding career in every way.
Become a self-employed Events Organiser for both corporate and public clients, or gain employment as an Events Manager in a company. The skills you will gain from completing the program, will enable you to present companies events both effectively, professionally and on budget.
Lesson Structure: Event Management BRE209
1 Scope and Nature of Event Management
- What is Event Management?
- Planning and Event or Conference
- When to Run an Event
- Factors to Consider
- Where to Hold an Event
- Event Management Companies
2 Developing the Concept
- Naturally Occurring Events
- Creating New and Origibnal Events
- Creativity and Lateral Thinking
- Organising a Party in the Home
- Why Have your Party at Home
- The Basics
- Making Decisions on Different Aspects of the Event
- Planning for Contingencies
- Hiring Equipment/Choosing a Supplier
- Fire for Events
- Safety Issues in Relation to Fire
- Planning a Public Event
3 Physical and Human Resources
- Managing Staff (Qualities of a Professional Leader)
- Orders and Instructions:Communicating Change
- Forming a Team: Team Benefits, The "Rules", Types of Team Members, The Elements of a Team, Team Formation, Problems in Teams, Resolving Problems within Teams, Nuturing a Team
- Forming a Committee to Plan an Event
- Outlines for Planning a Show or Exhibition
- Hiring a Tradesman: Where to Find, Getting Quotes, What to Look For
- Choosing an Event Location: Decor and Entertainment, Equipment
- Choosing a User Friendly Site for the Event: What Makes it User Friendly? What Makes a Site Unattractive, Paths, Fragrant Trees and Shrubs, Catering for Children, Choosing Furniture
- Lighting: What Type? Properties, Colours, Appearance and Design, Lighting Large Objects, Lighting a Path, Lighting a Lawn, Courtyard or Patio, Where to Buy Lights
- Car Parking and Transport
4 Project Logistics
- Traffic Management at Events
- Toilets and Locker Rooms: Components of Toilets and Change Rooms, Health and Safety, Routine Maintenance
- Security Lighting: Types of, Planning
- Legal Liability: Negligence, Minimising Liability
- Providing Protection
- Understanding Legal Requirements and Controls
5 Marketing an Event
- Who is Your Target Audience?
- Publicity: What to do
- Sponsership: Developing a Business Plan, Writing the Business Plan, Points to Consider, Business Reviews, Reviwing Your Business Plan, Maintaining Your Business Plan
- Marketing: What is the Purpose of Advertising?
6 Financial Management
- Budgeting: Income, Expenditure, Cash Flow, Methods of Conrolling Cash, The Cash Cycle, Liquidity and Cash Flow, Cash Budgets and Decision Making, Budget Performance Reports
- How to Increase Profitability: Hints on Improving Profitability, Controlling Expenditure
7 Risk Management
- Introduction and Case Study
- Spreading the Risk
- Managing Risk: Sensitivity Analysis
- Quality Systems
- Contingency Planning
- Slippery Surfaces Control: Possible Solutions, Identifying Risk, Workplace Policy, Identifying Hazards, Risk Control Methods, Checklist
- The Law and Business: Basic Common Law Rights and Obligations
- Protection of Consumers: The Law and Employees, Business Disputes, Types of Contracts
- Duty of Care: Employer Duties, Employee Duties, 'Other person' Duties, Manufacturer Duties
8 Staging the Event
- The Theme of the Event
- Choice of Venue
- The Audience and Guests
- The Stage
- Lights and Sound
- Audiovisuals and Special Effects
- Recording the Event
- Crowd Control
9 After the Event
- Measuring Success: The Public, The Exhibitors, The Organisers
- Dealing with Complaints
- Cleaning Up: Blowers, Vacuums, Water Blasters
- Repairing Lawns: How To Recondition Soil, Sample of an Evaluation Checklist
Learning Goals: Event Management BRE209
- Identify the various tasks which are involved in the management of a variety of different types of events.
- Explain how a range of different types of events are initiated and planned.
- Determine the human and physical resources required to deliver different types of events.
- Determine how physical and human resources will be organised in preparation for staging an event, in order that needs are appropriately catered for.
- Develop a marketing plan for an event.
- Develop a Financial Management Plan for an Event.
- Develop a series of Risk management procedures to minimize the impact of different types of problems including financial, legal, marketing, crowd control, food services, and hygiene.
- Describe the way in which facilities and services are managed during the actual delivery of an event.
- Review an event after its delivery.
- Research to find out what events are taking place in your locality.
- Study and compare different events.
- Review marketing of various real life events.
- List sources of potential financial support for an event.
- Interview someone who has managed an event.
- Explain the different legal and ethical responsibilities with respect to risk management of an event.
- Explain two methods of reducing liability, which could be used by the organisers of any event.
- Compile a stage plan, contact responsibility list, & production scheduler, with relevant run sheets for a one day seminar.
- Write a procedure (step by step) for choosing a venue for staging an event.
- List reasons why an evaluation would be undertaken after an event.
- Prepare a report to evaluate the event you attended.
|How Do Our Tuition Fees Compare?||Full time classroom based Further Education Courses - Approx. £5,000 per year - Part-time classroom based Adult Education Courses - Approx. £7.00 per hour - N.B. classroom tuition means you learn at the pace of the class. One-to-one private tuition - from £15.00 per hour - ADL one-to-one tution fees - From £340 per 100 Hour Course = Average of £3.40 per hour - N.B. one-to-one tuition is tailored to your own individual learning availability and pace.|
|Course Start||Begin your learning at any time.|
|Course Prerequisite||None - Our course levels are an indication of the depth of learning you should receive. They do not describe the level of difficulty.|
|Course Qualification (Study Option A)||Endorsed Qualification from TQUK - Training Qualifications UK, an Ofqual Approved Awarding Organisation - Completed written assignments and final evaluation per course/module to be taken.|
|Course Qualification (Study Option B)||Certificate of Attainment from ADL - Completed written assignments only - no final evaluation.|
|Comparative Credits Information||UK Course Credits: 10 - U.S. Credit Hours: 3 - when compared to regulated courses.|
|Course Duration and Deadlines||Course hours given are a guide only. You will be encouraged to work at your own pace to learn as much as you can, with no assignment deadlines or end date by which you must complete your course by. You are in control!|
|Study Support||Personal tutor/mentor support from industry relevant professionals throughout your whole course. Mentors are contactable by e-mail, telephone and through the Moodle online classroom. They provide assistance with your course material, plus discuss, explain and give advice when needed. They will also mark and grade your assignments, plus provide constructive and helpful feedback vital to your success.|
|Suitability for Self Employment and Small Businesses||Our courses are ideal for sole traders and small business owners and their staff. Customer confidence in what you can do will determine how successful you are in getting clients. Doing the job right using the correct knowledge and skills, leads to repeat business and referrals to friends, family and work colleagues. Completing one or more of our courses for the service you have to offer, will give you the tools to achieve this and grow your business.|
|Recognition of Your Course By Employers||We aim to achieve the correct balance between your qualification being recognised and providing you with the in-depth learning, to empower you to succeed. If you can demonstrate that you have the level of knowledge and transferable skills necessary to an employer, you should stand out from someone who has only received a superficial understanding of what's required - Select study option A when enrolling, so an employer can check the status of the awarding organisation for your qualification on the Ofqual Register.|
|Recognition of Your Course By Universities||As you will see on our Testimonials page, previous students have used their qualification from us to get into university. However each one will have its own entrance criteria and acceptance may also depend on your other qualifications and experience. We can approach up to three universities on your behalf with details of our course before you enrol, so you will know whether it will be accepted as part of their application process. Please complete our contact form and we will begin the process.|
|Designing Your Own Qualification||Bundle up your choice of related courses to form your own qualification. Our Advanced Certificates (4 courses), Diplomas (6 courses), Advanced Diplomas (8 courses) and Higher Advanced Diplomas (12 courses), are used to differentiate between the in-depth knowledge and skills you will acquire in your chosen area of study. e.g. Advanced Certificate in Turf Care Management, which includes individual courses: Turf Care, Sports Turf Care, Turf Repair and Renovation and Turf Grasses.|
|How Can I Enrol?||Online by selecting your study option, learning materials, plus payment option and then clicking the Enrol Now button - By contacting us for an application form - By telephoning us on 01227 789 649 (International: 0044 1227 789 649). Lines open 9am till 5pm Monday to Friday, excluding Bank Holidays and between Christmas and New Year.|
|How Can I Get a Pro-forma Invoice for my Employer?||Contact us with details and we will email your employer an invoice. We will need: employer's name, address, telephone number, email address and contact name. We will also require your name, telephone number, email address, date of birth and the course and code you wish to enrol for.|
"Fantastic Teacher. Well organised modules. Assignments force me to learn and research more so I can prepare well for exams. I really enjoyed studying via ADL. I can now continue study at Ulster University which accept my certificate from ADL". Level 4, Advanced Certificate in Applied Science, VSC001, Stanislawa, Poland.
Its with great pleasure I am announcing you my new job as 'Park Manager' for a 5 star hotel in Reunion Island. Its definitely my courses with ADL (Botany, Agronomy and Tree for Rehabilitation) which were decisive for my nomination. Accordingly, my sincere thanks goes to all the ADL team.
"The course was a valuable learning experience as it provided me with the knowledge and understanding for me as a Careers Advisor. The feedback was very good from my tutor, and allowed me to build upon my assignments that were marked. The comments were very informative and very useful. Well written course material." Andrew W, Careers Counselling, UK
"It exceeded my expectations. It was more comprehensive than I expected and the assignments really stimulated deep study of the subject. Thank you for your guidance. I am delighted with my certificate and will recommend this course and ADL to my friends and colleagues." G Flaherty, Ornithology BEN102, Ireland
"I want to thank you for the course - Hotel Management- I've just finished now. The course was comprehensive and well edited. For sure it can give a new worker in the hospitality industry the basic theoretical and practical knowledge required". Daniel K, Hotel Management, Romania
"Upon completing the Interior Plants Course I was offered my dream job. Taking this class was one of the best decisions I've made, the information I received was invaluable. Thank you ADL". Meg V, Interior Plants, Florida, USA.
“I am delighted to report that I passed the exam and received a “Pass with Commendation”. I appreciate very much the detail that you went into, in the correction of my assignments and I found your advice and extra subject information invaluable in advancing my interest and knowledge in horticulture”. Go raibh mile maith agat! (a thousand thanks!) Colin, RHS Cert II, Ireland
"Although my main interest in Earth Science is Geology I found this course excellent. The course notes were very interesting and useful throughout the course. Thank you to the ADL staff for their excellent service" Barry. Earth Science
"I received good feedback, and had an efficient turnaround of assignments, useful comments and grades to analyse." Andrew, Calf Rearing
"I enjoyed the course and developed a good understanding of learning and behaviour disorders. I feel this will be helpful in my role as a Clerk at a local primary school". The course met my expectations and I enjoyed the challenge of learning about conditions i knew little about. The presentation of the course and the opportunity to communicate with my tutor was valuable. I enjoyed the course so much , I am planning to do another! Jennifer C, Developmental Learning and Behavioural Disorders in Children and Adolescents, UK