Fitness Risk Management 100 Hours Certificate Course
Ask a question
Fitness Risk Management 100 Hours Certificate Course
Fitness Risk Management course online. Home Study - Distance Learning. Understand common difficulties with fitness! This course explores human wellness as well as fitness with emphasis on common back and weight problems. Covers elements such as understanding, recognising, and addressing back problems as well as weight control methods.
Lesson Structure: Fitness Risk Management VRE104
There are 9 lessons:
- Understanding Human Wellness
- Advising on Human Wellness
- Fitness Tests
- Interpreting Fitness Tests
- Understanding Back Problems
- Recognising & Addressing Back Problems
- Preventative Back Care
- Understanding Weight Control
- Weight Control Methods
Learning Goals: Fitness Risk Management VRE104
- Develop skills which will enable you to advise clients on basic health issues, and promote a common sense approach to fitness and well being.
- Develop a foundation which enables the development of skills to carry out basic tests on clients.
- Be able to recognise back problems and postural defects, and subsequently assist in prescribing safe exercises; adhering to occupational safety measures.
- Develop skills and techniques to assess client needs then assist in prescribing programs to help clients control their body mass.
- Describe the health status of the population living in your country, using current statistics and information.
- Describe health habits that contribute to well being and longevity.
- Explain the limitations of the person you interviewed and how their exercise routine may be altered/modified.
- Explain the implications of drugs (prescribed and non-prescription drugs) to personal health and wellbeing and fitness.
- Describe the warning signs of heart disease.
- actions for each warning sign to avoid heart problems.
- Design a beginners fitness program for a person predisposed to CHR (Coronary Heart Risk).
- List the medical and alternative medicine practitioners involved in the health field and describe their relationship to health service.
- Explain how you conducted the fitness testing with respect to:
- taking pulse at rest and during exercise.
- using an HR monitor such as a polar.
- using a sphygmomanometer
- Explain the following:
- VO2 max prediction test
- PWC170 test
- aerobic tri-level test
- Describe how the fitness test results you obtained from a set task can be used.
- Set a safe program for a client according to their desired outcome and ability level, using information from the screening and fitness evaluation based on a set task.
- Identify ten (10) different health problems that may restrict exercise performance, excluding back related problems.
- Draw a simple sketch of the spine, identifying structures and segments, including each of the spinal curvatures.
- List any lifestyle factors you can think of that contribute to back pain?
- Explain the purpose of a potentially dangerous or ineffective exercises and demonstrate safer alternatives.
- What illnesses (diseases) can cause back pain?
- What structural problems (ie. physical damage to the body), can cause back pain?
- Identify the major postural and phasis muscles that contribute to maintaining correct body alignment and explain how they function.
- What things might cause injury and burn out to a fitness instructor in their daily work?
- Write down a list of guidelines or rules for fitness instructors to follow to avoid back problems.
- Produce a small booklet that illustrates and explains basic flexibility exercises that could be performed as a prevention exercise to back pain. Also add in a list of do's and don'ts for people to follow.
- Write down what you eat over a 24 hour period, and then:
- Calculate the calories in this diet.
- Determine how well the nutrients are balanced in this diet.
- Write a report on what you believe about genetics and the environment influencing peoples weight gain and loss.
- Write a report about anorexia and bulimia.
- Try to determine the ratio of males and females that suffer from these diseases.alt
- How are they believed to develop?
- What are present methods of helping sufferers with these problems?
|How Do Our Tuition Fees Compare?||Full time classroom based Further Education Courses - Approx. £5,000 per year - Part-time classroom based Adult Education Courses - Approx. £7.00 per hour - N.B. classroom tuition means you learn at the pace of the class. One-to-one private tuition - from £15.00 per hour - ADL one-to-one tution fees - From £340 per 100 Hour Course = Average of £3.40 per hour - N.B. one-to-one tuition is tailored to your own individual learning availability and pace.|
|Course Start||Begin your learning at any time.|
|Course Prerequisite||None - Our course levels are an indication of the depth of learning you should receive. They do not describe the level of difficulty.|
|Course Qualification (Study Option A)||Endorsed Qualification from TQUK - Training Qualifications UK, an Ofqual Approved Awarding Organisation - Completed written assignments and final evaluation per course/module to be taken.|
|Course Qualification (Study Option B)||Certificate of Attainment from ADL - Completed written assignments only - no final evaluation.|
|Comparative Credits Information||UK Course Credits: 10 - U.S. Credit Hours: 3 - when compared to regulated courses.|
|Course Duration and Deadlines||Course hours given are a guide only. You will be encouraged to work at your own pace to learn as much as you can, with no assignment deadlines or end date by which you must complete your course by. You are in control!|
|Study Support||Personal tutor/mentor support from industry relevant professionals throughout your whole course. Mentors are contactable by e-mail, telephone and through the Moodle online classroom. They provide assistance with your course material, plus discuss, explain and give advice when needed. They will also mark and grade your assignments, plus provide constructive and helpful feedback vital to your success.|
|Suitability for Self Employment and Small Businesses||Our courses are ideal for sole traders and small business owners and their staff. Customer confidence in what you can do will determine how successful you are in getting clients. Doing the job right using the correct knowledge and skills, leads to repeat business and referrals to friends, family and work colleagues. Completing one or more of our courses for the service you have to offer, will give you the tools to achieve this and grow your business.|
|Recognition of Your Course By Employers||We aim to achieve the correct balance between your qualification being recognised and providing you with the in-depth learning, to empower you to succeed. If you can demonstrate that you have the level of knowledge and transferable skills necessary to an employer, you should stand out from someone who has only received a superficial understanding of what's required - Select study option A when enrolling, so an employer can check the status of the awarding organisation for your qualification on the Ofqual Register.|
|Recognition of Your Course By Universities||As you will see on our Testimonials page, previous students have used their qualification from us to get into university. However each one will have its own entrance criteria and acceptance may also depend on your other qualifications and experience. We can approach up to three universities on your behalf with details of our course before you enrol, so you will know whether it will be accepted as part of their application process. Please complete our contact form and we will begin the process.|
|Designing Your Own Qualification||Bundle up your choice of related courses to form your own qualification. Our Advanced Certificates (4 courses), Diplomas (6 courses), Advanced Diplomas (8 courses) and Higher Advanced Diplomas (12 courses), are used to differentiate between the in-depth knowledge and skills you will acquire in your chosen area of study. e.g. Advanced Certificate in Turf Care Management, which includes individual courses: Turf Care, Sports Turf Care, Turf Repair and Renovation and Turf Grasses.|
|How Can I Enrol?||Online by selecting your study option, learning materials, plus payment option and then clicking the Enrol Now button - By contacting us for an application form - By telephoning us on 01227 789 649 (International: 0044 1227 789 649). Lines open 9am till 5pm Monday to Friday, excluding Bank Holidays and between Christmas and New Year.|
|How Can I Get a Pro-forma Invoice for my Employer?||Contact us with details and we will email your employer an invoice. We will need: employer's name, address, telephone number, email address and contact name. We will also require your name, telephone number, email address, date of birth and the course and code you wish to enrol for.|
"Fantastic Teacher. Well organised modules. Assignments force me to learn and research more so I can prepare well for exams. I really enjoyed studying via ADL. I can now continue study at Ulster University which accept my certificate from ADL". Level 4, Advanced Certificate in Applied Science, VSC001, Stanislawa, Poland.
Its with great pleasure I am announcing you my new job as 'Park Manager' for a 5 star hotel in Reunion Island. Its definitely my courses with ADL (Botany, Agronomy and Trees for Rehabilitation) which were decisive for my nomination. Accordingly, my sincere thanks goes to all the ADL team.
"The course was a valuable learning experience as it provided me with the knowledge and understanding for me as a Careers Advisor. The feedback was very good from my tutor, and allowed me to build upon my assignments that were marked. The comments were very informative and very useful. Well written course material." Andrew W, Careers Counselling, UKMore Reviews....