Fitness Risk Management
Ask a question
Fitness Risk Management
Fitness Risk Management course online. Home Study - Distance Learning. Understand common difficulties with fitness! This course explores human wellness as well as fitness with emphasis on common back and wieght problems. Covers elements such as understanding, recognising, and addressing back problems as well as weight control methods.
Lesson Structure: Fitness Risk Management VRE104
There are 9 lessons:
- Understanding Human Wellness
- Advising on Human Wellness
- Fitness Tests
- Interpreting Fitness Tests
- Understanding Back Problems
- Recognising & Addressing Back Problems
- Preventative Back Care
- Understanding Weight Control
- Weight Control Methods
Learning Goals: Fitness Risk Management VRE104
- Develop skills which will enable you to advise clients on basic health issues, and promote a common sense approach to fitness and well being.
- Develop a foundation which enables the development of skills to carry out basic tests on clients.
- Be able to recognise back problems and postural defects, and subsequently assist in prescribing safe exercises; adhering to occupational safety measures.
- Develop skills and techniques to assess client needs then assist in prescribing programs to help clients control their body mass.
- Describe the health status of the population living in your country, using current statistics and information.
- Describe health habits that contribute to well being and longevity.
- Explain the limitations of the person you interviewed and how their exercise routine may be altered/modified.
- Explain the implications of drugs (prescribed and non-prescription drugs) to personal health and wellbeing and fitness.
- Describe the warning signs of heart disease.
- actions for each warning sign to avoid heart problems.
- Design a beginners fitness program for a person predisposed to CHR (Coronary Heart Risk).
- List the medical and alternative medicine practitioners involved in the health field and describe their relationship to health service.
- Explain how you conducted the fitness testing with respect to:
- taking pulse at rest and during exercise.
- using an HR monitor such as a polar.
- using a sphygmomanometer
- Explain the following:
- VO2 max prediction test
- PWC170 test
- aerobic tri-level test
- Describe how the fitness test results you obtained from a set task can be used.
- Set a safe program for a client according to their desired outcome and ability level, using information from the screening and fitness evaluation based on a set task.
- Identify ten (10) different health problems that may restrict exercise performance, excluding back related problems.
- Draw a simple sketch of the spine, identifying structures and segments, including each of the spinal curvatures.
- List any lifestyle factors you can think of that contribute to back pain?
- Explain the purpose of a potentially dangerous or ineffective exercises and demonstrate safer alternatives.
- What illnesses (diseases) can cause back pain?
- What structural problems (ie. physical damage to the body), can cause back pain?
- Identify the major postural and phasis muscles that contribute to maintaining correct body alignment and explain how they function.
- What things might cause injury and burn out to a fitness instructor in their daily work?
- Write down a list of guidelines or rules for fitness instructors to follow to avoid back problems.
- Produce a small booklet that illustrates and explains basic flexibility exercises that could be performed as a prevention exercise to back pain. Also add in a list of do's and don'ts for people to follow.
- Write down what you eat over a 24 hour period, and then:
- Calculate the calories in this diet.
- Determine how well the nutrients are balanced in this diet.
- Write a report on what you believe about genetics and the environment influencing peoples weight gain and loss.
- Write a report about anorexia and bulimia.
- Try to determine the ratio of males and females that suffer from these diseases.alt
- How are they believed to develop?
- What are present methods of helping sufferers with these problems?
|Recognised Issuing Body||TQUK - Training Qualifications UK, an Ofqual Approved Awarding Organisation.|
|Course Prerequisite||No, start at anytime|
|Course Qualification||Level 4 Certificate in Fitness Risk Management|
|UK Course Credits||10 Credits|
|US Course Credit Hours||3 Credit Hours|
|Study Support||You'll be allocated your own personal tutor/mentor who will support and mentor you throughout your whole course. Our tutors/mentors have been specifically chosen for their business expertise, qualifications and must be active within their industry. Tutors are contactable by e-mail, telephone and through our Moodle Student Support Zone online. Tutors are there to provide assistance with course material, discuss, explain and give advice and support throughout the whole programme. Their feedback is vital to your success.|
"Fantastic Teacher. Well organised modules. Assignments force me to learn and research more so I can prepare well for exams. I really enjoyed studying via ADL. I can now continue study at Ulster University which accept my certificate from ADL". Level 4, Advanced Certificate in Applied Science, VSC001, Stanislawa, Poland.
Its with great pleasure I am announcing you my new job as 'Park Manager' for a 5 star hotel in Reunion Island. Its definitely my courses with ADL (Botany, Agronomy and Tree for Rehabilitation) which were decisive for my nomination. Accordingly, my sincere thanks goes to all the ADL team.
"The course was a valuable learning experience as it provided me with the knowledge and understanding for me as a Careers Advisor. The feedback was very good from my tutor, and allowed me to build upon my assignments that were marked. The comments were very informative and very useful. Well written course material." Andrew W, Careers Counselling, UK
"It exceeded my expectations. It was more comprehensive than I expected and the assignments really stimulated deep study of the subject. Thank you for your guidance. I am delighted with my certificate and will recommend this course and ADL to my friends and colleagues." G Flaherty, Ornithology BEN102, Ireland
"I want to thank you for the course - Hotel Management- I've just finished now. The course was comprehensive and well edited. For sure it can give a new worker in the hospitality industry the basic theoretical and practical knowledge required". Daniel K, Hotel Management, Romania
"Upon completing the Interior Plants Course I was offered my dream job. Taking this class was one of the best decisions I've made, the information I received was invaluable. Thank you ADL". Meg V, Interior Plants, Florida, USA.
“I am delighted to report that I passed the exam and received a “Pass with Commendation”. I appreciate very much the detail that you went into, in the correction of my assignments and I found your advice and extra subject information invaluable in advancing my interest and knowledge in horticulture”. Go raibh mile maith agat! (a thousand thanks!) Colin, RHS Cert II, Ireland
"Although my main interest in Earth Science is Geology I found this course excellent. The course notes were very interesting and useful throughout the course. Thank you to the ADL staff for their excellent service" Barry. Earth Science
"I received good feedback, and had an efficient turnaround of assignments, useful comments and grades to analyse." Andrew, Calf Rearing
"I enjoyed the course and developed a good understanding of learning and behaviour disorders. I feel this will be helpful in my role as a Clerk at a local primary school". The course met my expectations and I enjoyed the challenge of learning about conditions i knew little about. The presentation of the course and the opportunity to communicate with my tutor was valuable. I enjoyed the course so much , I am planning to do another! Jennifer C, Developmental Learning and Behavioural Disorders in Children and Adolescents, UK