Graphic Design 100 Hours Certificate Course
Hi I have software CS4 would this be OK? and do you offer any higher level graphic design courses e.g. HND course for distance learning?
Hello Jenifer and thank you for getting in touch.
You do not need any specific software for this course. It is a fairly comprehensive program, covering what you need to know in the lessons that it teaches and there isn't a higher course available in it. Students quite often combine this course with other courses to gain a higher qualification. For example:
We hope that this helps and please come back to us if you need any more information.
Hello, I know the certificate in graphic design you offer is worth level 4 alvel standars, but does this equate to any UCAS points?
This course is not under the UCAS points system, but has a weight of 10 credits once completed.
hi,is this certificate equivalent to a GCSE level 4 or 5?
This course is a level 4 course under the EQF (A-level standard). I hope this helps!
Is the certificate received a certificate of higher education? Thanks
Hello Rachel, The Certificate received is issued by ADL and the course itself is at a level 4 standard on the EQF.
Ask a question
Graphic Design 100 Hours Certificate Course
Graphic Design course online. Want to learn more about Graphic design -then this course will help you develop your skills, awareness and understanding of this subject area and how it is applied commercially across a range of disciplines, ranging from marketing to publishing and beyond.
This course has been endorsed by TQUK. Endorsement of our courses by TQUK sets them apart from other vocational learning programmes and is an achievement to be proud of. It further demonstrates that we are an efficient academy with excellent courses and tutorial support. It also means that potential and existing students, employers and universities can be sure of the true value of the learning we provide.
Lesson Structure: Graphic Design BIT205
There are 10 lessons:
- Scope and Nature of Graphic Design
- Design Fundamentals (line, tone, colour etc)
- Colour Theory and Applications
- Illustration -methods & techniques
- Logotype Design
- Layout Design
- Design Systems and the Design Industry (design briefs, how to bid for jobs, etc)
- Comparative Design -Lessons From Other Designers (lots of research)
- Design Project - A practical project applying everything prior to this.
Each lesson culminates in an assignment which is submitted to the academy for marking by your tutor and returned to you with any relevant suggestions, comments, and if necessary, extra reading.
Design Tips When Putting together a Layout
- Length of a line of text needs to be balanced according to size of the text. (Long lines are inappropriate for tiny lettering, but may be very appropriate for very large letters).
- Don’t clutter (increasing white space will make words and images more noticeable)
- Do not use borders, boxes, clip art excessively or inappropriately. These things can cause clutter and detract from the message of the artwork.
- Use less rather than more fonts.
- Use caps with the correct fonts (Some fonts are caps only!)
- Use one space between sentences rather than two (mostly)
- Do not over use centering, particularly with text
- Use ragged right or full justification (mostly)
- Avoid double hard returns after a paragraph
- Use proper punctuation
- Reset software defaults (usually default settings are inappropriate when creating a design)
- Use rules of third and the golden mean to help with layouts
- Fonts have different weights light, normal, semi bold, bold, italic use these rather than a different font.
What do you know about Typography?
- Typography involves the choosing and using of letters in the words you produce in your graphic design.
- Typeface selection can be a very subjective and personal decision, that is easily affected by bias of a designer. A good designer needs to be able to adopt a perspective that is as far away from any sort of prejudice as possible; and choose typefaces that are most suited to the job at hand, and suitable for the client and the reader.
Consider the criteria you are applying?
- Must be Legible (ie. The way individual letters look will determine how legible they are)
- Must be Readable (ie. The way different letters are arranged together will determine how readable they are)
- Must have appropriate impact (Letters can be legible and readable, and still not get noticed, dor example, bold, contrasting letters have more impact)
|Course Start||Begin your course at anytime.|
|Course Prerequisite||None - Our course levels are an indication of the depth of learning you should receive. They do not describe the level of difficulty.|
|Course Qualification (Study Option A)||Endorsed Qualification from TQUK - Training Qualifications UK, an Ofqual Approved Awarding Organisation - Completed written assignments, plus final exam (N.B. Some courses have Final Project alternative).|
|Course Qualification (Study Option B)||Certificate of Attainment from ADL - Completed written assignments only - no final exam.|
|Comparative Credits Information||UK Course Credits: 10 - U.S. Credit Hours: 3 - when compared to regulated courses.|
|Course Duration and Deadlines||100 hours approx. Course hours given are a guide only. Work at your own pace with no assignment deadlines or completion date. You are in control!|
|Study Support||Personal tutor/mentor support from industry relevant professionals throughout your whole course. Mentors are contactable by e-mail, telephone and through the online classroom. They provide assistance with your course material, plus discuss, explain and give advice when needed.|
|Suitability for Self Employment and Small Businesses||Our courses are ideal for sole traders and small business owners and their staff. Customer confidence in what you can do will determine how successful you are in getting clients. Completing one or more of our courses for the service you have to offer, will give you the tools to grow your business.|
|Recognition of Your Course By Employers||We aim to achieve the correct balance between your qualification being recognised and providing you with the in-depth learning, to empower you to succeed. Select study option A when enrolling, so an employer can check the status of the awarding organisation for your qualification on the Ofqual Register.|
|Recognition of Your Course By Universities||Previous students have used their qualification to get into university. However each one will have its own entrance criteria and acceptance may also depend on your other qualifications and experience.|
|Designing Your Own Qualification||Bundle up your choice of related courses to form your own qualification. Choose from a Diploma (6 courses), Advanced Diploma (8 courses) and Higher Advanced Diploma (12 courses.|
|How Can I Enrol?||Online via eCommerce, by completing our Online Application Form, or by calling us on +44 (0) 1227 789 649. Lines open 9am till 5pm Monday to Friday, excluding Bank Holidays and between Christmas and New Year.|
|How Can I Get a Pro-forma Invoice for my Employer?||Contact us with details and we will email your employer an invoice. We will need: employer's name, address, telephone number, email address and contact name. We will also require your name, telephone number, email address, date of birth and the course and code you wish to enrol for.|
"Fantastic Teacher. Well organised modules. Assignments force me to learn and research more so I can prepare well for exams. I really enjoyed studying via ADL. I can now continue study at Ulster University which accept my certificate from ADL". Level 4, Advanced Certificate in Applied Science, VSC001, Stanislawa, Poland.
Its with great pleasure I am announcing you my new job as 'Park Manager' for a 5 star hotel in Reunion Island. Its definitely my courses with ADL (Botany, Agronomy and Trees for Rehabilitation) which were decisive for my nomination. Accordingly, my sincere thanks goes to all the ADL team.
"The course was a valuable learning experience as it provided me with the knowledge and understanding for me as a Careers Advisor. The feedback was very good from my tutor, and allowed me to build upon my assignments that were marked. The comments were very informative and very useful. Well written course material." Andrew W, Careers Counselling, UKMore Reviews....