Graphic Design 100 Hours Certificate Course
Hi I have software CS4 would this be OK? and do you offer any higher level graphic design courses e.g. HND course for distance learning?
Hello Jenifer and thank you for getting in touch.
You do not need any specific software for this course. It is a fairly comprehensive program, covering what you need to know in the lessons that it teaches and there isn't a higher course available in it. Students quite often combine this course with other courses to gain a higher qualification. For example:
We hope that this helps and please come back to us if you need any more information.
Hello, I know the certificate in graphic design you offer is worth level 4 alvel standars, but does this equate to any UCAS points?
This course is not under the UCAS points system, but has a weight of 10 credits once completed.
hi,is this certificate equivalent to a GCSE level 4 or 5?
This course is a level 4 course under the EQF (A-level standard). I hope this helps!
Is the certificate received a certificate of higher education? Thanks
Hello Rachel, The Certificate received is issued by ADL and the course itself is at a level 4 standard on the EQF.
Ask a question
Graphic Design 100 Hours Certificate Course
Graphic Design course online. Want to learn more about Graphic design -then this course will help you develop your skills, awareness and understanding of this subject area and how it is applied commercially across a range of disciplines, ranging from marketing to publishing and beyond.
This course has been endorsed by TQUK. Endorsement of our courses by TQUK sets them apart from other vocational learning programmes and is an achievement to be proud of. It further demonstrates that we are an efficient academy with excellent courses and tutorial support. It also means that potential and existing students, employers and universities can be sure of the true value of the learning we provide.
Lesson Structure: Graphic Design BIT205
There are 10 lessons:
- Scope and Nature of Graphic Design
- Design Fundamentals (line, tone, colour etc)
- Colour Theory and Applications
- Illustration -methods & techniques
- Logotype Design
- Layout Design
- Design Systems and the Design Industry (design briefs, how to bid for jobs, etc)
- Comparative Design -Lessons From Other Designers (lots of research)
- Design Project - A practical project applying everything prior to this.
Each lesson culminates in an assignment which is submitted to the academy for marking by your tutor and returned to you with any relevant suggestions, comments, and if necessary, extra reading.
Design Tips When Putting together a Layout
- Length of a line of text needs to be balanced according to size of the text. (Long lines are inappropriate for tiny lettering, but may be very appropriate for very large letters).
- Don’t clutter (increasing white space will make words and images more noticeable)
- Do not use borders, boxes, clip art excessively or inappropriately. These things can cause clutter and detract from the message of the artwork.
- Use less rather than more fonts.
- Use caps with the correct fonts (Some fonts are caps only!)
- Use one space between sentences rather than two (mostly)
- Do not over use centering, particularly with text
- Use ragged right or full justification (mostly)
- Avoid double hard returns after a paragraph
- Use proper punctuation
- Reset software defaults (usually default settings are inappropriate when creating a design)
- Use rules of third and the golden mean to help with layouts
- Fonts have different weights light, normal, semi bold, bold, italic use these rather than a different font.
What do you know about Typography?
- Typography involves the choosing and using of letters in the words you produce in your graphic design.
- Typeface selection can be a very subjective and personal decision, that is easily affected by bias of a designer. A good designer needs to be able to adopt a perspective that is as far away from any sort of prejudice as possible; and choose typefaces that are most suited to the job at hand, and suitable for the client and the reader.
Consider the criteria you are applying?
- Must be Legible (ie. The way individual letters look will determine how legible they are)
- Must be Readable (ie. The way different letters are arranged together will determine how readable they are)
- Must have appropriate impact (Letters can be legible and readable, and still not get noticed, dor example, bold, contrasting letters have more impact)
|How Do Our Tuition Fees Compare?||Full time classroom based Further Education Courses - Approx. £5,000 per year - Part-time classroom based Adult Education Courses - Approx. £7.00 per hour - N.B. classroom tuition means you learn at the pace of the class. One-to-one private tuition - from £15.00 per hour - ADL one-to-one tution fees - From £340 per 100 Hour Course = Average of £3.40 per hour - N.B. one-to-one tuition is tailored to your own individual learning availability and pace.|
|Course Start||Begin your learning at any time.|
|Course Prerequisite||None - Our course levels are an indication of the depth of learning you should receive. They do not describe the level of difficulty.|
|Course Qualification (Study Option A)||Endorsed Qualification from TQUK - Training Qualifications UK, an Ofqual Approved Awarding Organisation - Completed written assignments and final evaluation per course/module to be taken.|
|Course Qualification (Study Option B)||Certificate of Attainment from ADL - Completed written assignments only - no final evaluation.|
|Comparative Credits Information||UK Course Credits: 10 - U.S. Credit Hours: 3 - when compared to regulated courses.|
|Course Duration and Deadlines||Course hours given are a guide only. You will be encouraged to work at your own pace to learn as much as you can, with no assignment deadlines or end date by which you must complete your course by. You are in control!|
|Study Support||Personal tutor/mentor support from industry relevant professionals throughout your whole course. Mentors are contactable by e-mail, telephone and through the Moodle online classroom. They provide assistance with your course material, plus discuss, explain and give advice when needed. They will also mark and grade your assignments, plus provide constructive and helpful feedback vital to your success.|
|Suitability for Self Employment and Small Businesses||Our courses are ideal for sole traders and small business owners and their staff. Customer confidence in what you can do will determine how successful you are in getting clients. Doing the job right using the correct knowledge and skills, leads to repeat business and referrals to friends, family and work colleagues. Completing one or more of our courses for the service you have to offer, will give you the tools to achieve this and grow your business.|
|Recognition of Your Course By Employers||We aim to achieve the correct balance between your qualification being recognised and providing you with the in-depth learning, to empower you to succeed. If you can demonstrate that you have the level of knowledge and transferable skills necessary to an employer, you should stand out from someone who has only received a superficial understanding of what's required - Select study option A when enrolling, so an employer can check the status of the awarding organisation for your qualification on the Ofqual Register.|
|Recognition of Your Course By Universities||As you will see on our Testimonials page, previous students have used their qualification from us to get into university. However each one will have its own entrance criteria and acceptance may also depend on your other qualifications and experience. We can approach up to three universities on your behalf with details of our course before you enrol, so you will know whether it will be accepted as part of their application process. Please complete our contact form and we will begin the process.|
|Designing Your Own Qualification||Bundle up your choice of related courses to form your own qualification. Our Advanced Certificates (4 courses), Diplomas (6 courses), Advanced Diplomas (8 courses) and Higher Advanced Diplomas (12 courses), are used to differentiate between the in-depth knowledge and skills you will acquire in your chosen area of study. e.g. Advanced Certificate in Turf Care Management, which includes individual courses: Turf Care, Sports Turf Care, Turf Repair and Renovation and Turf Grasses.|
|How Can I Enrol?||Online by selecting your study option, learning materials, plus payment option and then clicking the Enrol Now button - By contacting us for an application form - By telephoning us on 01227 789 649 (International: 0044 1227 789 649). Lines open 9am till 5pm Monday to Friday, excluding Bank Holidays and between Christmas and New Year.|
|How Can I Get a Pro-forma Invoice for my Employer?||Contact us with details and we will email your employer an invoice. We will need: employer's name, address, telephone number, email address and contact name. We will also require your name, telephone number, email address, date of birth and the course and code you wish to enrol for.|
"Fantastic Teacher. Well organised modules. Assignments force me to learn and research more so I can prepare well for exams. I really enjoyed studying via ADL. I can now continue study at Ulster University which accept my certificate from ADL". Level 4, Advanced Certificate in Applied Science, VSC001, Stanislawa, Poland.
Its with great pleasure I am announcing you my new job as 'Park Manager' for a 5 star hotel in Reunion Island. Its definitely my courses with ADL (Botany, Agronomy and Trees for Rehabilitation) which were decisive for my nomination. Accordingly, my sincere thanks goes to all the ADL team.
"The course was a valuable learning experience as it provided me with the knowledge and understanding for me as a Careers Advisor. The feedback was very good from my tutor, and allowed me to build upon my assignments that were marked. The comments were very informative and very useful. Well written course material." Andrew W, Careers Counselling, UKMore Reviews....