Ask a question
Home Fruit Growing 100 Hours Course
Home Fruit Growing course online. Grow your own quality fruit! To pick and eat fruit from your own garden is a wonderful, healthy and satisfying experience. Expand your capacity to do just that on this course. From the outset, the course notes provided are only part of what you will potentially learn. The experiences you have through your set tasks can provide you with a range of varied learning experiences according to your own specific needs.
Lesson Structure: Home Fruit Growing AHT104
There are 6 lessons
- Soils, site preparation & planning.
- General Cultural Practices
- Tree Fruits
- Nuts and Vines
Learning Goals: Home Fruit Growing AHT104
- To develop an understanding of the possibilities for growing fruit at home.
- To better manage soil for growing fruit crops.
- To manage the growth of fruiting plants in a way that will produce better fruit.
- To select and grow tree fruit plants in a home situation.
- To select and grow vines and nuts in a home situation.
- To select and grow berry fruit plants in a home situation.
- Select part of a home garden where the owner would like to grow fruit. Consider the good and bad points about the site and the suitability of different types of fruits to the situation.
- Take a sample of soil from an area you might consider growing fruit in. Using the method set out in the gardening manual provided with the course, name the soil.
- Look at the buds on the wood of three different species of fruit. Draw what you see, and label where you think the buds are fruit buds, and where you think they are vegetative buds.
- Observe the way in which fruit trees are trained or pruned in your locality.
- Visit a local hardware store, nursery or irrigation shop and look at drip and micro irrigation equipment which is for sale. Take note of the various components of these systems, how they fit together and how they work.
- Identify pests and diseases in a garden which you have visited.
- Select 4 different fruits from those you have read about which are grown in your area.
- For each one, research which varieties of that fruit are commonly grown, and why they are grown.
- Plan the development of a berry growing area for a backyard. Contact companies, visit nurseries and check the availability, quality and prices of berry plants you would like to grow on your site (or proposed site). Work with an imaginary site if you do not have a real life situation to deal with.
- Contact Department of Agriculture to obtain relevant information (eg: leaflets, booklets, details about advisory services etc) which relates to fruit growing.
|How Do Our Tuition Fees Compare?||Full time classroom based Further Education Courses - Approx. £5,000 per year - Part-time classroom based Adult Education Courses - Approx. £7.00 per hour - N.B. classroom tuition means you learn at the pace of the class. One-to-one private tuition - from £15.00 per hour - ADL one-to-one tution fees - From £340 per 100 Hour Course = Average of £3.40 per hour - N.B. one-to-one tuition is tailored to your own individual learning availability and pace.|
|Course Start||Begin your learning at any time.|
|Course Prerequisite||None - Our course levels are an indication of the depth of learning you should receive. They do not describe the level of difficulty.|
|Course Qualification (Study Option A)|
|Interest and Hobby Course Details - Option 1||Your fee includes your course materials, plus mentor support throughout. You will be required to undertake further research (set tasks) to cement your learning and then to submit written assignments. These will be marked and graded by your mentor and then sent back with helpful and constructive comments. On completion you will receive a Certificate of Attainment issued by ADL.|
|Course Qualification (Study Option B)|
|Interest and Hobby Course Details - Option 2||Your fee includes your learning materials, plus mentor support when you need it. Completion of further research (set tasks) is optional, but advisable to cement your learning. There are no written assignments to submit and no certificate is issued. You can change to option 1 at any time by paying the £100 difference.|
|Comparative Credits Information|
|Course Duration and Deadlines||Course hours given are a guide only. You will be encouraged to work at your own pace to learn as much as you can, with no assignment deadlines or end date by which you must complete your course by. You are in control!|
|Study Support||Personal tutor/mentor support from industry relevant professionals throughout your whole course. Mentors are contactable by e-mail, telephone and through the Moodle online classroom. They provide assistance with your course material, plus discuss, explain and give advice when needed. They will also mark and grade your assignments, plus provide constructive and helpful feedback vital to your success.|
|Suitability for Self Employment and Small Businesses|
|Recognition of Your Course By Employers|
|Recognition of Your Course By Universities|
|Designing Your Own Qualification|
|How Can I Enrol?||Online by selecting your study option, learning materials, plus payment option and then clicking the Enrol Now button - By contacting us for an application form - By telephoning us on 01227 789 649 (International: 0044 1227 789 649). Lines open 9am till 5pm Monday to Friday, excluding Bank Holidays and between Christmas and New Year.|
|How Can I Get a Pro-forma Invoice for my Employer?|
Home Fruit Growing 100 Hours Course
"Fantastic Teacher. Well organised modules. Assignments force me to learn and research more so I can prepare well for exams. I really enjoyed studying via ADL. I can now continue study at Ulster University which accept my certificate from ADL". Level 4, Advanced Certificate in Applied Science, VSC001, Stanislawa, Poland.
Its with great pleasure I am announcing you my new job as 'Park Manager' for a 5 star hotel in Reunion Island. Its definitely my courses with ADL (Botany, Agronomy and Trees for Rehabilitation) which were decisive for my nomination. Accordingly, my sincere thanks goes to all the ADL team.
"The course was a valuable learning experience as it provided me with the knowledge and understanding for me as a Careers Advisor. The feedback was very good from my tutor, and allowed me to build upon my assignments that were marked. The comments were very informative and very useful. Well written course material." Andrew W, Careers Counselling, UKMore Reviews....