Hospitality And Tourism Careers & Jobs
HOSPITALITY AND TOURISM CAREERS AND JOBS
Hospitality and Tourism are two of the fastest growing sectors in the global economy. More and more economies around the world are becoming more affluent, with more people travelling and spending more time on leisure activities, such as wining and dining. Your job or business prospects with the appropriate skills and knowledge can be enhanced considerably by completing one of our tailor made courses thereby introducing you to a career that could take you anywhere in the world.
What kind of work can I do?
There are a number of different areas of work within the tourism sector, including:
- customer service - client facing roles in travel agencies, tourist boards, hotels and restaurants;
- marketing - for tour operators and travel;
- sales - within travel agencies or for tourist attractions such as theme parks;
- product development – for example for tourist attractions;
- IT and administration in a number of different areas related to tourism.
What’s it like working in this sector?
- Work conditions vary according to your role. You may work in an office or in a customer service environment, outdoors or in a hotel or bar.
- Working hours also vary depending on the role but you should expect to work unsocial hours in a lot of the roles found in the tourism industry.
- The travel and tourism industries tend to be female dominated.
- There are good opportunities in the industry to work part-time.
- Depending on your job role regular overseas travel may be required.
How big is this sector?
- There are over 2 million jobs sustained by tourism activity in the UK alone either directly or indirectly.
- It is estimated that there is almost 1.5 million jobs related directly to tourism activity in the UK; some 5% of all people in employment in the UK.
Where can I work?
Tourism jobs are available worldwide, either through overseas operators with offices in the UK or through UK companies that have international offices and opportunities.
If you enjoy interacting with people and want a career that can take you around the world sign up to one of our hospitality courses today.....