Instructional Skills 100 Hours Course Certificate
Ask a question
Instructional Skills 100 Hours Course Certificate
Instructional Skills course online. Home Study - Distance Learning - Instructional Skills course. Become an excellent instructor! Learn to prepare for and perform basic instructional skills, prepare participation plans, organise and evaluate training sessions. Develop skills in teaching, to instruct people at work. At 100 hours of study, this course includes, but exceeds the scope of a typical Train the Trainer Course. It is appropriate for people teaching at a vocational level, or involved in supervising and instructing staff in a workplace situation.
This course is taught by:Lee Raye
M.A. (hons) Celtic Studies, (the University of Aberdeen); M.St. Celtic Studies, (the University of Oxford)
Lee is a PhD candidate at Cardiff University with degrees from Aberdeen and Oxford. He has written two books, digitalised another and written several academic papers. He has been interviewed by National Geographic and presented papers at eight different national and international conferences. Lee’s native language is English and, if asked, he is always happy to help students with their English spelling and grammar. He is also a keen proponent of the digital revolution and dreams of a world where all books are available instantly to be read, searched or treasured. Although he mainly writes non-fiction, he loves Victorian literature as well as modern fiction and poetry of all kinds. His academic knowledge of medieval events, cultures and the history of Britain’s environment make him especially qualified to help students interested in writing sci-fi and fantasy.
Lesson Structure: Instructional Skills BWR109
There are 11 lessons:
- Introduction to Training and Communication
- Understanding Learning
- Determining Training Requirements in The Workplace
- Commencing Training
- Developing a Lesson Plan
- Assessment and Evaluation of Training Programs
- Training Aids
- One-To-One Training
- Motivation Skills and Techniques
- Promoting Training
- Assessor Training
Learning Goals: Instructional Skills BWR109
- Analyse the communication effectiveness within a training environment.
- Explain characteristics which influence the effectiveness of education, including aspects of both learning and teaching.
- Define training requirements for a specified workplace.
- Prepare for commencement of a training session.
- Develop a lesson plan for training a small group (less than twelve).
- Develop skills in the assessment and evaluation of training programs.
- Demonstrate the use of audio-visual equipment for lesson presentation.
- Demonstrate the instruction of a learner in a one-to-one situations.
- Determine the use of simple motivational skills in a training environment.
- To promote training and monitor the result of promotion.
- Prepare trainees to meet the requirements of the competency standards for assessors.
- Identify interactions that can occur between teacher and learner in a case study.
- Compare adult learning characteristics with child learning characteristics.
- Diagnose in 4 case studies, common barriers for learning, including;
- Class Disruptions
- Fear of Complexities
- Investigate how different training programs are promoted through newspapers, magazines, brochures, handbooks, trade show displays, radio advertising etc.
- Consider the effectiveness of different promotions you discover.
- Describe an appropriate procedure for the notification of trainees of a forthcoming (hypothetical)training session. This training session can be on a topic selected by you.
- Identify eight different methods which may be used for promoting training courses for a training provider who you are familiar with. These may be methods which are already being used, or they may be methods which you think may be worth trying.
- Collect information on assessment procedures.
- Look at assessment procedures in several courses;
- Talk to a number of teachers/trainers about how they assess their students/trainees.
- Look at school handbooks to see if they list assessment methods for the different courses they cover.
- Talk to people who have done courses recently. How where they assessed? Would they have preferred to have been assessed in a different manner? If so, how?
- Make an audio recording of 5 minutes giving instruction on a subject you feel comfortable about, for example, discussing vehicle performance, a discussion on bird breeding, the use of natural remedies, etc.
|How Do Our Tuition Fees Compare?||Full time classroom based Further Education Courses - Approx. £5,000 per year - Part-time classroom based Adult Education Courses - Approx. £7.00 per hour - N.B. classroom tuition means you learn at the pace of the class. One-to-one private tuition - from £15.00 per hour - ADL one-to-one tution fees - From £340 per 100 Hour Course = Average of £3.40 per hour - N.B. one-to-one tuition is tailored to your own individual learning availability and pace.|
|Course Start||Begin your learning at any time.|
|Course Prerequisite||None - Our course levels are an indication of the depth of learning you should receive. They do not describe the level of difficulty.|
|Course Qualification (Study Option A)||Endorsed Qualification from TQUK - Training Qualifications UK, an Ofqual Approved Awarding Organisation - Completed written assignments and final evaluation per course/module to be taken.|
|Course Qualification (Study Option B)||Certificate of Attainment from ADL - Completed written assignments only - no final evaluation.|
|Comparative Credits Information||UK Course Credits: 10 - U.S. Credit Hours: 3 - when compared to regulated courses.|
|Course Duration and Deadlines||Course hours given are a guide only. You will be encouraged to work at your own pace to learn as much as you can, with no assignment deadlines or end date by which you must complete your course by. You are in control!|
|Study Support||Personal tutor/mentor support from industry relevant professionals throughout your whole course. Mentors are contactable by e-mail, telephone and through the Moodle online classroom. They provide assistance with your course material, plus discuss, explain and give advice when needed. They will also mark and grade your assignments, plus provide constructive and helpful feedback vital to your success.|
|Suitability for Self Employment and Small Businesses||Our courses are ideal for sole traders and small business owners and their staff. Customer confidence in what you can do will determine how successful you are in getting clients. Doing the job right using the correct knowledge and skills, leads to repeat business and referrals to friends, family and work colleagues. Completing one or more of our courses for the service you have to offer, will give you the tools to achieve this and grow your business.|
|Recognition of Your Course By Employers||We aim to achieve the correct balance between your qualification being recognised and providing you with the in-depth learning, to empower you to succeed. If you can demonstrate that you have the level of knowledge and transferable skills necessary to an employer, you should stand out from someone who has only received a superficial understanding of what's required - Select study option A when enrolling, so an employer can check the status of the awarding organisation for your qualification on the Ofqual Register.|
|Recognition of Your Course By Universities||As you will see on our Testimonials page, previous students have used their qualification from us to get into university. However each one will have its own entrance criteria and acceptance may also depend on your other qualifications and experience. We can approach up to three universities on your behalf with details of our course before you enrol, so you will know whether it will be accepted as part of their application process. Please complete our contact form and we will begin the process.|
|Designing Your Own Qualification||Bundle up your choice of related courses to form your own qualification. Our Advanced Certificates (4 courses), Diplomas (6 courses), Advanced Diplomas (8 courses) and Higher Advanced Diplomas (12 courses), are used to differentiate between the in-depth knowledge and skills you will acquire in your chosen area of study. e.g. Advanced Certificate in Turf Care Management, which includes individual courses: Turf Care, Sports Turf Care, Turf Repair and Renovation and Turf Grasses.|
|How Can I Enrol?||Online by selecting your study option, learning materials, plus payment option and then clicking the Enrol Now button - By contacting us for an application form - By telephoning us on 01227 789 649 (International: 0044 1227 789 649). Lines open 9am till 5pm Monday to Friday, excluding Bank Holidays and between Christmas and New Year.|
|How Can I Get a Pro-forma Invoice for my Employer?||Contact us with details and we will email your employer an invoice. We will need: employer's name, address, telephone number, email address and contact name. We will also require your name, telephone number, email address, date of birth and the course and code you wish to enrol for.|
"Fantastic Teacher. Well organised modules. Assignments force me to learn and research more so I can prepare well for exams. I really enjoyed studying via ADL. I can now continue study at Ulster University which accept my certificate from ADL". Level 4, Advanced Certificate in Applied Science, VSC001, Stanislawa, Poland.
Its with great pleasure I am announcing you my new job as 'Park Manager' for a 5 star hotel in Reunion Island. Its definitely my courses with ADL (Botany, Agronomy and Trees for Rehabilitation) which were decisive for my nomination. Accordingly, my sincere thanks goes to all the ADL team.
"The course was a valuable learning experience as it provided me with the knowledge and understanding for me as a Careers Advisor. The feedback was very good from my tutor, and allowed me to build upon my assignments that were marked. The comments were very informative and very useful. Well written course material." Andrew W, Careers Counselling, UKMore Reviews....