Being a distance learner studying an online course can be a difficult thing. Despite all the support colleges like ADL offer our students, we can’t get away from the fact that, in the end, it is up to the student to make a success of their studies. It is the student who must demonstrate the drive, passion and enthusiasm to begin a course and see it through to its end.
This is why the willingness to begin a distance learning programme online is seen so favourably by employers and educators alike. When a student does this, they demonstrate that they are willing and able to push themselves further and achieve, traits that everyone can respect and admire.
In celebration of our students who have achieved so much in 2014, this December ADL is hosting our first ever ADL Student Of the Year awards! To recognise achievement, dedication and excellence in our student body we are proud to announce the award for those students who represent the best examples of success at distance learning.
We want to recognise academic success in all forms, not just for those that obtain the best grades or highest scores, but also those who, in the face of great personal adversity, were able to push through their personal circumstances to achieve success in their studies.
That’s why we’re asking for nominations from our expert team of tutors to put forward candidates who deserve to be recognised for excellence in achievement and effort. However, we’re also interested in gaining potential nominees from other sources, so if you are a Student with ADL, or a friend and family member of a student, we welcome your testimonies in support of your chosen student’s case as to why we should recognise them as Student of the Year 2014.
Naturally, what would an award be without prizes? We’re pleased to announce that our winners will receive:
1st Place: An Amazon Kindle Fire HD tablet or voucher equivalent
2nd Place: An Amazon Kindle e-Reader or voucher equivalent
3rd Place: A £25 Amazon voucher!
All nominees will also receive a certificate stating that you were nominated for ADL Student of the Year Award 2014.
Terms and conditions apply, but to be eligible a candidate must have been active studying in 2014. If you have questions, or want to make a case for yourself or a friend e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Terms and Conditions
1) The award is open to students who have been actively studying a course from ADL through 2014 and are nominated by ADL tutors and staff. Testimonies by students or their supporters are accepted but not required.
2) Nominations and supporting testimonies will be accepted until the 11th of December 2014 with the results given subsequently by ADL on our blog at adlhomestudy.com/blog.
3) Potential winners will be contacted by ADL prior to being mentioned on our blog as winners to obtain consent in publishing their names and the reasons for their recognition. If the winner cannot be contacted, or declines to participate, an alternative winner will be drawn.
4) Prizes on offer include an Amazon Kindle Fire HD, a Kindle e-reader and a £25 Amazon voucher. There is no cash alternative.
5) The judges' decision on the award is final.
6) The Academy for Distance Learning reserves the right to modify or change the terms of this award without notice. Changes will be reflected in updates to these terms and conditions if applicable.
7) 1st, 2nd and 3rd place winners will be required to provide a photo of themselves and a paragraph about winning.