Introduction To Ecology 100 Hours Certificate Course
Ask a question
Introduction To Ecology 100 Hours Certificate Course
Introduction to Ecology course online. Home Study - Distance Learning. Understand the way that organisms interact with our environment! Ecology provides the link between the different branches of Life Sciences, structuring them as a complete concept of life. This self paced online course covers general principles of ecology.
Every plant and animal in the world, both large and small affect each other and their environment and the environment is affected by those same plants and animals. This course will help you take the first step in understanding these Interpenetrative relationships and become a better custodian of the ecology of the Earth, whatever your interaction with it.
In biological science, studying ecology plays a crucial role in conservation, wetland and natural resource management, forestry, agriculture and fisheries, in addition to climatological, human and urban interactions in today’s changing world.
This course will be of benefit to you if you are working (or planning to work) in:
- environmental management
- or any other relevant industry.
Learning Goals - Introduction To Ecology BEN101
- To identify the components of an ecosystem and how they interact.
- Discuss the basis of the Theory of Evolution and those elements of science which influenced the theory.
- To discuss the existence of animals in the ecosystem.
- To discuss the presence of plant life in a range of ecological situations
- To discuss the ecological features of mountains, rivers and deserts.
- To discuss the ecological features of shallow water regions and coral seas.
- To discuss the ecological implications of human activities on the environment.
Lesson Structure: Lesson Guide - Introduction To Ecology BEN101
There are 7 lessons:
1 Ecosystems & Populations
- Components of an ecosystem
- Detrital & grazing webs
- trophic levels
- energy flows etc
2 The Development Of Life
- Natural selection
- Understanding arguments for and against theory of evolution, etc
3 Animals, Parasites & Endangered Species
- Comparative anatomy
- how animals fit in ecosystems
- animals in the human community
- parasites, etc
4 Fungi, Tundra, Rainforests & Marshlands
- classification and ecology of fungi: Location, the climate, the plant and animal life related to different systems including tundra, marshes and rainforests.
5 Mountains, Rivers & Deserts
- Formation ecology and importance of mountains (including erosion, volcanoes etc)
- formation & types of rivers, catchments, dams, deserts and their ecology, etc.
6 Shallow Waters
- Shore lines
- coral reefs
- intermediate reefs
- sandy shores, etc.
7 Ecological Problems
- The Greenhouse Effect
- The Ozone Layer
- Poisons & Waste Materials
- Observe an ecosystem in your local area. Identify the inhabitants of the ecosystem and their location in the food web of that system.
- Compare the similarities and differences between the detrital web and the grazing web
- Discuss what scientific discoveries the Theory of Evolution, both past and present, is based on.
- List and explain the four arguments of evolution.
- Define Natural Selection.
- Discuss how genetics are related to evolution.
- Go to an ecological environment (as natural and un-human interfered as possible) and observe the plants and relationships that exist.
- Visit a local stream or river. Observe the condition of the stream, particularly the presence of indigenous vegetation and its affect on stream bank condition. Also look for evidence of human activity on the condition of the stream or river
- Discuss, in your own words, the theories which have been advanced in the past regarding the formation of coral reefs.
- Learn about living organisms, the places they live, and the relationships that occur between them and their environment. This course covers general principles of ecology, that can be applied anywhere on our planet.
- Develop a foundation for understanding how the world functions, or for a career in environmental sciences, applied biology or land based industries.
|How Do Our Tuition Fees Compare?||Full time classroom based Further Education Courses - Approx. £5,000 per year - Part-time classroom based Adult Education Courses - Approx. £7.00 per hour - N.B. classroom tuition means you learn at the pace of the class. One-to-one private tuition - from £15.00 per hour - ADL one-to-one tution fees - From £340 per 100 Hour Course = Average of £3.40 per hour - N.B. one-to-one tuition is tailored to your own individual learning availability and pace.|
|Course Start||Begin your learning at any time.|
|Course Prerequisite||None - Our course levels are an indication of the depth of learning you should receive. They do not describe the level of difficulty.|
|Course Qualification (Study Option A)||Endorsed Qualification from TQUK - Training Qualifications UK, an Ofqual Approved Awarding Organisation - Completed written assignments and final evaluation per course/module to be taken.|
|Course Qualification (Study Option B)||Certificate of Attainment from ADL - Completed written assignments only - no final evaluation.|
|Comparative Credits Information||UK Course Credits: 10 - U.S. Credit Hours: 3 - when compared to regulated courses.|
|Course Duration and Deadlines||Course hours given are a guide only. You will be encouraged to work at your own pace to learn as much as you can, with no assignment deadlines or end date by which you must complete your course by. You are in control!|
|Study Support||Personal tutor/mentor support from industry relevant professionals throughout your whole course. Mentors are contactable by e-mail, telephone and through the Moodle online classroom. They provide assistance with your course material, plus discuss, explain and give advice when needed. They will also mark and grade your assignments, plus provide constructive and helpful feedback vital to your success.|
|Suitability for Self Employment and Small Businesses||Our courses are ideal for sole traders and small business owners and their staff. Customer confidence in what you can do will determine how successful you are in getting clients. Doing the job right using the correct knowledge and skills, leads to repeat business and referrals to friends, family and work colleagues. Completing one or more of our courses for the service you have to offer, will give you the tools to achieve this and grow your business.|
|Recognition of Your Course By Employers||We aim to achieve the correct balance between your qualification being recognised and providing you with the in-depth learning, to empower you to succeed. If you can demonstrate that you have the level of knowledge and transferable skills necessary to an employer, you should stand out from someone who has only received a superficial understanding of what's required - Select study option A when enrolling, so an employer can check the status of the awarding organisation for your qualification on the Ofqual Register.|
|Recognition of Your Course By Universities||As you will see on our Testimonials page, previous students have used their qualification from us to get into university. However each one will have its own entrance criteria and acceptance may also depend on your other qualifications and experience. We can approach up to three universities on your behalf with details of our course before you enrol, so you will know whether it will be accepted as part of their application process. Please complete our contact form and we will begin the process.|
|Designing Your Own Qualification||Bundle up your choice of related courses to form your own qualification. Our Advanced Certificates (4 courses), Diplomas (6 courses), Advanced Diplomas (8 courses) and Higher Advanced Diplomas (12 courses), are used to differentiate between the in-depth knowledge and skills you will acquire in your chosen area of study. e.g. Advanced Certificate in Turf Care Management, which includes individual courses: Turf Care, Sports Turf Care, Turf Repair and Renovation and Turf Grasses.|
|How Can I Enrol?||Online by selecting your study option, learning materials, plus payment option and then clicking the Enrol Now button - By contacting us for an application form - By telephoning us on 01227 789 649 (International: 0044 1227 789 649). Lines open 9am till 5pm Monday to Friday, excluding Bank Holidays and between Christmas and New Year.|
|How Can I Get a Pro-forma Invoice for my Employer?||Contact us with details and we will email your employer an invoice. We will need: employer's name, address, telephone number, email address and contact name. We will also require your name, telephone number, email address, date of birth and the course and code you wish to enrol for.|
"Fantastic Teacher. Well organised modules. Assignments force me to learn and research more so I can prepare well for exams. I really enjoyed studying via ADL. I can now continue study at Ulster University which accept my certificate from ADL". Level 4, Advanced Certificate in Applied Science, VSC001, Stanislawa, Poland.
Its with great pleasure I am announcing you my new job as 'Park Manager' for a 5 star hotel in Reunion Island. Its definitely my courses with ADL (Botany, Agronomy and Trees for Rehabilitation) which were decisive for my nomination. Accordingly, my sincere thanks goes to all the ADL team.
"The course was a valuable learning experience as it provided me with the knowledge and understanding for me as a Careers Advisor. The feedback was very good from my tutor, and allowed me to build upon my assignments that were marked. The comments were very informative and very useful. Well written course material." Andrew W, Careers Counselling, UKMore Reviews....