Irrigation Management 100 Hours Certificate Course
Ask a question
Irrigation Management 100 Hours Certificate Course
Irrigation Management course online. Home Study Irrigation Management online course. Learn to develop skills in the design and operation of large scale irrigations systems for agriculture. This Irrigation Management distance learning course is an extension of the skills and knowledge achieved in Irrigation (Agricultural) BAG213 or an equivalent course. Students learn to develop their ability to participate in the design and operation of large scale irrigation systems for agricultural applications.
Prerequisites:Irrigation (Agriculture) BAG213 or equivalent (BHT210 or BHT304) must be completed prior to commencing this course.
There should be plenty of water for everyone... however three controlling factors: very unequal distribution, rapidly rising demand and increasing pollution around urban and industrial areas means that some areas of the planet are already using water at a greater rate than it is being replenished. This includes parts of Western Australia, and parts of NSW and Victoria. Water management will become increasingly important to try and cater for the increasing demand for useable water.
The aim of irrigation management is to reuse water as much as possible, to collect and store as much water as possible, and to ensure that what water you do use is used in an efficient manner. This course builds on Irrigation BAG213. It teaches you to manage the design and operation of large scale irrigation systems.
Learning Goals: Irrigation Management BAG303
- Devise ways to optimise water efficiency (ie. minimise wastage), during irrigation of plants.
- Schedule irrigation for a large scale situation such as a large nursery, crop, turf, garden or pasture.
- Analyse the design of different drainage systems
- Formulate procedures to operate irrigation controllers, for appropriate tasks.
- Manage the maintenance of irrigation systems, both small and large scale.
- Manage the fertigation of plants through an irrigation system.
- Evaluate the design of large scale irrigation systems.
- Design an irrigation system, including its drainage.
Lesson Structure: Irrigation Management BAG303
There are 8 lessons:
- Water management
- Irrigation scheduling
- Irrigation controllers
- Irrigation maintenance
- Design evaluation
- Irrigation design
- Explain different factors which cause water to be wasted including:
- Run off
- Over spray
- Determine where water is wasted, in both the operation and management of a specified irrigation system
- Determine changes to achieve more efficient water usage, in a specified system.
- Develop guidelines for determining when to irrigate in a particular situation.
- Determine through an analysis, when to irrigate on a studied site, by evaluating soil moisture and other characteristics of a site, periodically over two months, and referencing annual rainfall statistics over a period of years.
- Record in a log book, plant growth and soil moisture for an existing irrigation system operated using two different watering patterns, each for one month, and over two consecutive months.
- Compare differences in varying the scheduling of a watering system over two months
- Prepare an irrigation schedule for a specific garden or crop.
- Develop criteria for designing a specified drainage system.
- Explain the design criteria for a specified drainage requirement.
- Devise strategies for dealing with drainage requirements in emergencies, including:
- extreme weather (eg. hail, storm)
- burst pipe
- blocked drains
- Determine appropriate drainage requirements for a specified situation, and over a specified area, including:
- Type of drainage required
- Specifications of drainage required
- Evaluate the operation of a drainage system, installed under irrigation on a site studied by the learner.
- Compare four different irrigation controllers with reference to different criteria including:
- Labour costs
- Determine appropriate applications for four different types of irrigation controllers
- Explain the operation of a specific brand of time clock, studied by the learner.
- Explain the operation of a specified computerised irrigation controller.
- Develop three different procedures to operate a specific irrigation controller, in order to satisfy three different specified purposes.
- Determine routine site maintenance requirements for different types of irrigation systems including:
- spray irrigation
- micro irrigation
- surface irrigation
- flood irrigation
- Explain routine site maintenance requirements for different types of irrigation systems including:
- spray irrigation
- micro irrigation
- surface irrigation
- flood irrigation
- Develop a procedure for maintaining water quality, in a specified irrigation system, at a workplace visited by the learner.
- Explain water quality maintenance activities required for efficient irrigation practices in a specific situation.
- Compare the service supplied by different irrigation suppliers, in terms of scope and quality.
- Develop an irrigation monitoring program, for a specific irrigation system, studied by the learner.
- Write a maintenance schedule for a specified irrigation system.
- Explain the use of fertigation, in a specific horticultural workplace.
- Determine appropriate applications for fertigation in one specific industry sector.
- Determine inappropriate fertigation applications in different specific industry sector.
- Explain why certain applications for fertigation are inappropriate.
- Compare the suitability of six different specified fertilisers for fertigation.
- Determine resources required to undertake fertigation in a specified situation, including:
- Collate available data on a specified irrigation system, including:
- system performance data
- water supply
- water consumption
- crop production or plant growth data
- climatic trends
- soil characteristics
- monitor irrigation performance
- Analyse collated data against different criteria including:
- Compile a comprehensive report evaluating a system, which includes:
- data evaluation
- performance indicators
- Prepare design specifications for storage and distribution of water.
- Explain appropriate methods for recycling, re-use or disposal of water, for three different specified irrigation systems.
- Are there any legal or health considerations?
- Design a drainage system for a specified irrigation system, including:
- sketch plans
- materials lists
- cost estimates
- Determine costing for a specified drainage system.
- Prepare a report recommending design modifications to an existing irrigation system in a specified situation.
- Prepare a design for a micro irrigation system for an area of forty square metres, to a standard which is adequate for a contractor to install the system; and including:
- materials specifications
|How Do Our Tuition Fees Compare?||Full time classroom based Further Education Courses - Approx. £5,000 per year - Part-time classroom based Adult Education Courses - Approx. £7.00 per hour - N.B. classroom tuition means you learn at the pace of the class. One-to-one private tuition - from £15.00 per hour - ADL one-to-one tution fees - From £340 per 100 Hour Course = Average of £3.40 per hour - N.B. one-to-one tuition is tailored to your own individual learning availability and pace.|
|Course Start||Begin your learning at any time.|
|Course Prerequisite||None - Our course levels are an indication of the depth of learning you should receive. They do not describe the level of difficulty.|
|Course Qualification (Study Option A)||Endorsed Qualification from TQUK - Training Qualifications UK, an Ofqual Approved Awarding Organisation - Completed written assignments and final evaluation per course/module to be taken.|
|Course Qualification (Study Option B)||Certificate of Attainment from ADL - Completed written assignments only - no final evaluation.|
|Comparative Credits Information||UK Course Credits: 10 - U.S. Credit Hours: 3 - when compared to regulated courses.|
|Course Duration and Deadlines||Course hours given are a guide only. You will be encouraged to work at your own pace to learn as much as you can, with no assignment deadlines or end date by which you must complete your course by. You are in control!|
|Study Support||Personal tutor/mentor support from industry relevant professionals throughout your whole course. Mentors are contactable by e-mail, telephone and through the Moodle online classroom. They provide assistance with your course material, plus discuss, explain and give advice when needed. They will also mark and grade your assignments, plus provide constructive and helpful feedback vital to your success.|
|Suitability for Self Employment and Small Businesses||Our courses are ideal for sole traders and small business owners and their staff. Customer confidence in what you can do will determine how successful you are in getting clients. Doing the job right using the correct knowledge and skills, leads to repeat business and referrals to friends, family and work colleagues. Completing one or more of our courses for the service you have to offer, will give you the tools to achieve this and grow your business.|
|Recognition of Your Course By Employers||We aim to achieve the correct balance between your qualification being recognised and providing you with the in-depth learning, to empower you to succeed. If you can demonstrate that you have the level of knowledge and transferable skills necessary to an employer, you should stand out from someone who has only received a superficial understanding of what's required - Select study option A when enrolling, so an employer can check the status of the awarding organisation for your qualification on the Ofqual Register.|
|Recognition of Your Course By Universities||As you will see on our Testimonials page, previous students have used their qualification from us to get into university. However each one will have its own entrance criteria and acceptance may also depend on your other qualifications and experience. We can approach up to three universities on your behalf with details of our course before you enrol, so you will know whether it will be accepted as part of their application process. Please complete our contact form and we will begin the process.|
|Designing Your Own Qualification||Bundle up your choice of related courses to form your own qualification. Our Advanced Certificates (4 courses), Diplomas (6 courses), Advanced Diplomas (8 courses) and Higher Advanced Diplomas (12 courses), are used to differentiate between the in-depth knowledge and skills you will acquire in your chosen area of study. e.g. Advanced Certificate in Turf Care Management, which includes individual courses: Turf Care, Sports Turf Care, Turf Repair and Renovation and Turf Grasses.|
|How Can I Enrol?||Online by selecting your study option, learning materials, plus payment option and then clicking the Enrol Now button - By contacting us for an application form - By telephoning us on 01227 789 649 (International: 0044 1227 789 649). Lines open 9am till 5pm Monday to Friday, excluding Bank Holidays and between Christmas and New Year.|
|How Can I Get a Pro-forma Invoice for my Employer?||Contact us with details and we will email your employer an invoice. We will need: employer's name, address, telephone number, email address and contact name. We will also require your name, telephone number, email address, date of birth and the course and code you wish to enrol for.|
"Fantastic Teacher. Well organised modules. Assignments force me to learn and research more so I can prepare well for exams. I really enjoyed studying via ADL. I can now continue study at Ulster University which accept my certificate from ADL". Level 4, Advanced Certificate in Applied Science, VSC001, Stanislawa, Poland.
Its with great pleasure I am announcing you my new job as 'Park Manager' for a 5 star hotel in Reunion Island. Its definitely my courses with ADL (Botany, Agronomy and Tree for Rehabilitation) which were decisive for my nomination. Accordingly, my sincere thanks goes to all the ADL team.
"The course was a valuable learning experience as it provided me with the knowledge and understanding for me as a Careers Advisor. The feedback was very good from my tutor, and allowed me to build upon my assignments that were marked. The comments were very informative and very useful. Well written course material." Andrew W, Careers Counselling, UK
"It exceeded my expectations. It was more comprehensive than I expected and the assignments really stimulated deep study of the subject. Thank you for your guidance. I am delighted with my certificate and will recommend this course and ADL to my friends and colleagues." G Flaherty, Ornithology BEN102, Ireland
"I want to thank you for the course - Hotel Management- I've just finished now. The course was comprehensive and well edited. For sure it can give a new worker in the hospitality industry the basic theoretical and practical knowledge required". Daniel K, Hotel Management, Romania
"Upon completing the Interior Plants Course I was offered my dream job. Taking this class was one of the best decisions I've made, the information I received was invaluable. Thank you ADL". Meg V, Interior Plants, Florida, USA.
“I am delighted to report that I passed the exam and received a “Pass with Commendation”. I appreciate very much the detail that you went into, in the correction of my assignments and I found your advice and extra subject information invaluable in advancing my interest and knowledge in horticulture”. Go raibh mile maith agat! (a thousand thanks!) Colin, RHS Cert II, Ireland
"Although my main interest in Earth Science is Geology I found this course excellent. The course notes were very interesting and useful throughout the course. Thank you to the ADL staff for their excellent service" Barry. Earth Science
"I received good feedback, and had an efficient turnaround of assignments, useful comments and grades to analyse." Andrew, Calf Rearing
"I enjoyed the course and developed a good understanding of learning and behaviour disorders. I feel this will be helpful in my role as a Clerk at a local primary school". The course met my expectations and I enjoyed the challenge of learning about conditions i knew little about. The presentation of the course and the opportunity to communicate with my tutor was valuable. I enjoyed the course so much , I am planning to do another! Jennifer C, Developmental Learning and Behavioural Disorders in Children and Adolescents, UK