Landscaping I 100 Hours Certificate Course
Ask a question
Landscaping I 100 Hours Certificate Course
Landscaping I course online. Kick-start your career in Landscape Design or simply use the course to landscape your own garden and add value to your home. At the end of this 100 hour course you will be able to design a garden, and will have a foundation for further studies in specific areas of landscape design, development or management. Learn the principles that underpin all design. See how garden styles have evolved over the centuries, and broaden your understanding of how to use different garden components to create varying effects.
Lesson Structure: Landscaping I BHT109
There are 10 lessons:
- Basic Design Procedure A
- Collecting pre-planning information, landscape elements, principles, etc.
- History of Gardening
- Garden styles and themes, famous designers, garden influences.
- Drafting & Contracting
- Drawing techniques, specifications, details.
- Basic Landscape Construction
- Timber, steps, retainer walls, pathways, playstructures, etc.
- Concrete, asphalt, gravels, mulches, grasses, gradients, etc.
- Furnishings & Features
- Chairs, statues, figurines, birdbaths, skateboards, safety, etc.
- Park Design A
- Good/bad park design characteristics, recreational landscaping.
- Home Garden design
- Good/bad garden design characteristics.
- Design Procedure B
- Development of concept plans and detailed planting plans.
- Park Design B
- Development of park design, fun & fitness trails.
- plus a Special Assignment
- Comprehensive landscape design development.
Learning Goals: Landscaping I BHT109
- Create visual effects through the use of different landscape design concepts.
- Determine pre-planning information required to prepare a landscape design.
- Determine an appropriate garden style for a landscape, to satisfy specifications for a design project.
- Illustrate a landscape design through a plan, using legible graphic skills.
- Determine different hard landscape features, including earthworks, surface treatments and furniture, to incorporate in a landscape.
- Prepare planting designs for different landscapes.
- Design different types of landscapes, including domestic gardens and public park.
- Explain the complete range of principles, elements and concepts used in landscape design.
- Visit and analyse a broad range of landscape styles, themes and components.
- Perform methods utilised to develop concepts and to create affects.
- Identify, record and utilise pre-planning information for the purpose of design development, and to use a checklist as a guide for surveying a site for a proposed design.
- Perform site survey and client interview with the site owner/manager.
- Explain the significance of effective client liaison, in a specific landscape job.
- Identify historical influences on landscaping.
- Explain the influence on modern garden design, of work by three garden designers who have been prominent in world garden history.
- Develop and compare the appropriateness of three design options for one specific landscape project.
- Draw an extensive range of different landscape symbols on paper, covering soft and hard landscape features.
- Transpose two different landscape drawings, reducing the scale by a specified amount.
- Draw a plan for a landscape, using legible graphic techniques.
- Determine site preparations required for a specified landscape site, including:
- Explain the legal requirements for cleaning up after a landscaping job in your locality.
- Determine suitable timbers for construction of four different types of garden structures.
- Compare the suitability of different materials for surfacing paths, including:
- Local gravels
- Local mulches
- Collect, catalogue and determine appropriate use for different items of garden furniture.
- Design a paved area for a garden surveyed, including: scale drawings and construction instructions.
- Prepare a plant collection of at least eighty different plants incorporating:
- Pressed plant specimens
- Scientific and common names
- Cultural details
- How to use each of these plants in different landscape situations.
- Evaluate established landscapes based on:
- Develop detailed planting designs, including plant lists, for three landscape plans, to satisfy given job specifications.
- Analyse and compare the landscape designs of numerous selected homes and public parks.
- Develop and prepare concept plans for landscape areas such as:
- Outdoor living area
- Kitchen garden
- Childrens playground
- Entry to home
- Neighbourhood park
- Draft a series of four conceptual plans, showing stages in the design of a home garden surveyed.
- Prepare a professional standard landscape design for a client in the learner's locality, including:
- A landscape plan drawn on tracing paper.
- Materials specifications, including types and quantities.
- Budget details.
The quality of this course is second to none, from the in-depth learning you will get to the expert individual mentoring you will receive throughout your studies. The mentors for this course are:
|How Do Our Tuition Fees Compare?||Full time classroom based Further Education Courses - Approx. £5,000 per year - Part-time classroom based Adult Education Courses - Approx. £7.00 per hour - N.B. classroom tuition means you learn at the pace of the class. One-to-one private tuition - from £15.00 per hour - ADL one-to-one tution fees - From £340 per 100 Hour Course = Average of £3.40 per hour - N.B. one-to-one tuition is tailored to your own individual learning availability and pace.|
|Course Start||Begin your learning at any time.|
|Course Prerequisite||None - Our course levels are an indication of the depth of learning you should receive. They do not describe the level of difficulty.|
|Course Qualification (Study Option A)||Endorsed Qualification from TQUK - Training Qualifications UK, an Ofqual Approved Awarding Organisation - Completed written assignments and final evaluation per course/module to be taken.|
|Course Qualification (Study Option B)||Certificate of Attainment from ADL - Completed written assignments only - no final evaluation.|
|Comparative Credits Information||UK Course Credits: 10 - U.S. Credit Hours: 3 - when compared to regulated courses.|
|Course Duration and Deadlines||Course hours given are a guide only. You will be encouraged to work at your own pace to learn as much as you can, with no assignment deadlines or end date by which you must complete your course by. You are in control!|
|Study Support||Personal tutor/mentor support from industry relevant professionals throughout your whole course. Mentors are contactable by e-mail, telephone and through the Moodle online classroom. They provide assistance with your course material, plus discuss, explain and give advice when needed. They will also mark and grade your assignments, plus provide constructive and helpful feedback vital to your success.|
|Suitability for Self Employment and Small Businesses||Our courses are ideal for sole traders and small business owners and their staff. Customer confidence in what you can do will determine how successful you are in getting clients. Doing the job right using the correct knowledge and skills, leads to repeat business and referrals to friends, family and work colleagues. Completing one or more of our courses for the service you have to offer, will give you the tools to achieve this and grow your business.|
|Recognition of Your Course By Employers||We aim to achieve the correct balance between your qualification being recognised and providing you with the in-depth learning, to empower you to succeed. If you can demonstrate that you have the level of knowledge and transferable skills necessary to an employer, you should stand out from someone who has only received a superficial understanding of what's required - Select study option A when enrolling, so an employer can check the status of the awarding organisation for your qualification on the Ofqual Register.|
|Recognition of Your Course By Universities||As you will see on our Testimonials page, previous students have used their qualification from us to get into university. However each one will have its own entrance criteria and acceptance may also depend on your other qualifications and experience. We can approach up to three universities on your behalf with details of our course before you enrol, so you will know whether it will be accepted as part of their application process. Please complete our contact form and we will begin the process.|
|Designing Your Own Qualification||Bundle up your choice of related courses to form your own qualification. Our Advanced Certificates (4 courses), Diplomas (6 courses), Advanced Diplomas (8 courses) and Higher Advanced Diplomas (12 courses), are used to differentiate between the in-depth knowledge and skills you will acquire in your chosen area of study. e.g. Advanced Certificate in Turf Care Management, which includes individual courses: Turf Care, Sports Turf Care, Turf Repair and Renovation and Turf Grasses.|
|How Can I Enrol?||Online by selecting your study option, learning materials, plus payment option and then clicking the Enrol Now button - By contacting us for an application form - By telephoning us on 01227 789 649 (International: 0044 1227 789 649). Lines open 9am till 5pm Monday to Friday, excluding Bank Holidays and between Christmas and New Year.|
|How Can I Get a Pro-forma Invoice for my Employer?||Contact us with details and we will email your employer an invoice. We will need: employer's name, address, telephone number, email address and contact name. We will also require your name, telephone number, email address, date of birth and the course and code you wish to enrol for.|
"Fantastic Teacher. Well organised modules. Assignments force me to learn and research more so I can prepare well for exams. I really enjoyed studying via ADL. I can now continue study at Ulster University which accept my certificate from ADL". Level 4, Advanced Certificate in Applied Science, VSC001, Stanislawa, Poland.
Its with great pleasure I am announcing you my new job as 'Park Manager' for a 5 star hotel in Reunion Island. Its definitely my courses with ADL (Botany, Agronomy and Tree for Rehabilitation) which were decisive for my nomination. Accordingly, my sincere thanks goes to all the ADL team.
"The course was a valuable learning experience as it provided me with the knowledge and understanding for me as a Careers Advisor. The feedback was very good from my tutor, and allowed me to build upon my assignments that were marked. The comments were very informative and very useful. Well written course material." Andrew W, Careers Counselling, UK
"It exceeded my expectations. It was more comprehensive than I expected and the assignments really stimulated deep study of the subject. Thank you for your guidance. I am delighted with my certificate and will recommend this course and ADL to my friends and colleagues." G Flaherty, Ornithology BEN102, Ireland
"I want to thank you for the course - Hotel Management- I've just finished now. The course was comprehensive and well edited. For sure it can give a new worker in the hospitality industry the basic theoretical and practical knowledge required". Daniel K, Hotel Management, Romania
"Upon completing the Interior Plants Course I was offered my dream job. Taking this class was one of the best decisions I've made, the information I received was invaluable. Thank you ADL". Meg V, Interior Plants, Florida, USA.
“I am delighted to report that I passed the exam and received a “Pass with Commendation”. I appreciate very much the detail that you went into, in the correction of my assignments and I found your advice and extra subject information invaluable in advancing my interest and knowledge in horticulture”. Go raibh mile maith agat! (a thousand thanks!) Colin, RHS Cert II, Ireland
"Although my main interest in Earth Science is Geology I found this course excellent. The course notes were very interesting and useful throughout the course. Thank you to the ADL staff for their excellent service" Barry. Earth Science
"I received good feedback, and had an efficient turnaround of assignments, useful comments and grades to analyse." Andrew, Calf Rearing
"I enjoyed the course and developed a good understanding of learning and behaviour disorders. I feel this will be helpful in my role as a Clerk at a local primary school". The course met my expectations and I enjoyed the challenge of learning about conditions i knew little about. The presentation of the course and the opportunity to communicate with my tutor was valuable. I enjoyed the course so much , I am planning to do another! Jennifer C, Developmental Learning and Behavioural Disorders in Children and Adolescents, UK