Leisure Facility Management I 100 Hours Certificate Course
Course accreditation ?
This course is not accredited. However this does not mean that it is not of any value, because it is aimed at employers who are normally more interested in what a course has taught. Because our courses are written by industry professionals and updated regularly to remain relevant, employers will recognise that you have acquired useful knowledge and skills that are applicable to his or her business.
We believe that although a qualification may get you an interview, it is what you know about the industry you are hoping to work in and how to apply it, that will land you a job.
Don't forget that there will be other applicants after the same job and you need to have something that stands out from the crowd to give you an advantage.
Ask a question
Leisure Facility Management I 100 Hours Certificate Course
Leisure Facility Management I course online. Home Study. Develop an excellent understanding of leisure facility management! This comprehensive introductory distance learning course focuses on the management and development of recreational facilities (eg. Leisure centres, Swim Centres, Sporting complexes, Gymnasiums, Health clubs etc.) It deals with both day to day management as well as more broad based planning, development and redevelopment.
Lesson Structure: Leisure Facility Management I BRE205
- The Scope of Recreation Facility Management
- Scope of Community Recreation Services
- Exercise Facilities
- Town Planning
- Structural Planning
- Systems Planning
- Advocacy Planning
- Central Place Theory
- Scope and Distribution of Leisure Facilities
- The Nature of Recreation Facility Management
- Multidisciplinary Approach to Management
- The Administrative Process
- Planning for Play
- Planning Processes
- Legal Requirements for Construction
- Special Events
- Liability and Negligence
- Minimising Liability
- Risk Management
- Planning Construction Work
- Work Scheduling
- Planning Management of the Construction
- Competitive Tendering
- Contingency Plans for Disruption to Work
- Indoor Equipment
- Types of Recreation Buildings
- Indoor Equipment and Facilities
- General Requirements; access, security, lighting, toilets, parking, signage, staff facilities, etc
- Needs for Specific Facility Types; swimming centres, community centres, gymnasium, etc
- Selection Criteria for Equipment
- Conducting a Cost Analysis
- Outdoor Equipment
- All Purpose Sports Ground
- Tennis Courts
- Bowling Club
- Camp and Caravan Sites
- Water Recreation; sailing, water skiing, power boating, canoeing, etc
- Picnic Areas
- Riding School, etc
- Safety Procedures
- Duty of Care; employer, employee, other person, manufacturer.
- Lifting and Manual Handling
- Protective Equipment
- Chemical Handling
- Protecting Hearing
- Safety Risk Analysis
- Safety Audit
- Safe Communication
- Safety Out Doors
- Water Safety: safety in pools
- First Aid
- Safety on Sports Turf
- Equipment Needs
- Gym Equipment
- Types of Equipment
- Sports Equipment
- Track and Athletics Equipment
- Determining Equipment Needs for different sports
- Scouts, Youth Clubs, Other Clubs, Play groups, etc
- Introduction to Purchasing Procedures
- Purchasing and Payment Procedures
- Controlling Facility Use
- Exclusive Bookings
- Using Facilities without Prior Bookings
- Keeping Records of Bookings
- Procedure for Filing
- Active and Inactive Records
- Introduction to Contingency Procedures
- Staff Absence
- Fire Management
- Indoor and Outdoor Facilities
- Insurance Issues
- Types of Insurance
- Staff Liability
- Determining Insurance Requirements for a Facility
- Insurance Limitations
- Changing Insurance Needs
- Managing Insurance
- Insurance for Contributory Negligence
- Recreation Leaders
- Quality Systems
- Managing a Recreation Facility
- Building Maintenance
- Controlling Facility Use
- Keeping Records
- Promoting a Facility
- Managing Aquatic Facilities
- Toilet and Locker room Facilities
- Security; security systems, vandalism, ignorant acts, vindictive acts
- Minimising Vandalism
Learning Goals: Leisure Facility Management I BRE205
- Explain the scope of work involved in the management of recreation and fitness facilities.
- Explain the nature of recreation and fitness facilities, including their physical characteristics and their management requirements.
- Explain the legal aspects which must be satisfied by construction work projects.
- Plan the management of construction work projects for different recreation facilities.
- Explain the suitability and management of equipment for a given purposes in indoor recreation or fitness facilities (Part A - Indoor Equipment).
- Explain the suitability and management of equipment for given purposes in outdoor recreation or fitness facilities (Part B - Outdoor Equipment).
- Develop safety procedures for a recreation facility.
- Determine equipment needed for a sports or fitness facility.
- Purchase new equipment for a recreation or fitness facility.
- Manage the bookings for use of a recreation facility.
- Develop contingency plans to deal with likely emergencies in recreation and fitness industry workplaces.
- Manage insurance issues for a recreation or fitness facility.
- Develop a plan for managing the use of a specific recreation facility.
|How Do Our Tuition Fees Compare?||Full time classroom based Further Education Courses - Approx. £5,000 per year - Part-time classroom based Adult Education Courses - Approx. £7.00 per hour - N.B. classroom tuition means you learn at the pace of the class. One-to-one private tuition - from £15.00 per hour - ADL one-to-one tution fees - From £340 per 100 Hour Course = Average of £3.40 per hour - N.B. one-to-one tuition is tailored to your own individual learning availability and pace.|
|Course Start||Begin your learning at any time.|
|Course Prerequisite||None - Our course levels are an indication of the depth of learning you should receive. They do not describe the level of difficulty.|
|Course Qualification (Study Option A)||Endorsed Qualification from TQUK - Training Qualifications UK, an Ofqual Approved Awarding Organisation - Completed written assignments and final evaluation per course/module to be taken.|
|Course Qualification (Study Option B)||Certificate of Attainment from ADL - Completed written assignments only - no final evaluation.|
|Comparative Credits Information||UK Course Credits: 10 - U.S. Credit Hours: 3 - when compared to regulated courses.|
|Course Duration and Deadlines||Course hours given are a guide only. You will be encouraged to work at your own pace to learn as much as you can, with no assignment deadlines or end date by which you must complete your course by. You are in control!|
|Study Support||Personal tutor/mentor support from industry relevant professionals throughout your whole course. Mentors are contactable by e-mail, telephone and through the Moodle online classroom. They provide assistance with your course material, plus discuss, explain and give advice when needed. They will also mark and grade your assignments, plus provide constructive and helpful feedback vital to your success.|
|Suitability for Self Employment and Small Businesses||Our courses are ideal for sole traders and small business owners and their staff. Customer confidence in what you can do will determine how successful you are in getting clients. Doing the job right using the correct knowledge and skills, leads to repeat business and referrals to friends, family and work colleagues. Completing one or more of our courses for the service you have to offer, will give you the tools to achieve this and grow your business.|
|Recognition of Your Course By Employers||We aim to achieve the correct balance between your qualification being recognised and providing you with the in-depth learning, to empower you to succeed. If you can demonstrate that you have the level of knowledge and transferable skills necessary to an employer, you should stand out from someone who has only received a superficial understanding of what's required - Select study option A when enrolling, so an employer can check the status of the awarding organisation for your qualification on the Ofqual Register.|
|Recognition of Your Course By Universities||As you will see on our Testimonials page, previous students have used their qualification from us to get into university. However each one will have its own entrance criteria and acceptance may also depend on your other qualifications and experience. We can approach up to three universities on your behalf with details of our course before you enrol, so you will know whether it will be accepted as part of their application process. Please complete our contact form and we will begin the process.|
|Designing Your Own Qualification||Bundle up your choice of related courses to form your own qualification. Our Advanced Certificates (4 courses), Diplomas (6 courses), Advanced Diplomas (8 courses) and Higher Advanced Diplomas (12 courses), are used to differentiate between the in-depth knowledge and skills you will acquire in your chosen area of study. e.g. Advanced Certificate in Turf Care Management, which includes individual courses: Turf Care, Sports Turf Care, Turf Repair and Renovation and Turf Grasses.|
|How Can I Enrol?||Online by selecting your study option, learning materials, plus payment option and then clicking the Enrol Now button - By contacting us for an application form - By telephoning us on 01227 789 649 (International: 0044 1227 789 649). Lines open 9am till 5pm Monday to Friday, excluding Bank Holidays and between Christmas and New Year.|
|How Can I Get a Pro-forma Invoice for my Employer?||Contact us with details and we will email your employer an invoice. We will need: employer's name, address, telephone number, email address and contact name. We will also require your name, telephone number, email address, date of birth and the course and code you wish to enrol for.|
"Fantastic Teacher. Well organised modules. Assignments force me to learn and research more so I can prepare well for exams. I really enjoyed studying via ADL. I can now continue study at Ulster University which accept my certificate from ADL". Level 4, Advanced Certificate in Applied Science, VSC001, Stanislawa, Poland.
Its with great pleasure I am announcing you my new job as 'Park Manager' for a 5 star hotel in Reunion Island. Its definitely my courses with ADL (Botany, Agronomy and Tree for Rehabilitation) which were decisive for my nomination. Accordingly, my sincere thanks goes to all the ADL team.
"The course was a valuable learning experience as it provided me with the knowledge and understanding for me as a Careers Advisor. The feedback was very good from my tutor, and allowed me to build upon my assignments that were marked. The comments were very informative and very useful. Well written course material." Andrew W, Careers Counselling, UK
"It exceeded my expectations. It was more comprehensive than I expected and the assignments really stimulated deep study of the subject. Thank you for your guidance. I am delighted with my certificate and will recommend this course and ADL to my friends and colleagues." G Flaherty, Ornithology BEN102, Ireland
"I want to thank you for the course - Hotel Management- I've just finished now. The course was comprehensive and well edited. For sure it can give a new worker in the hospitality industry the basic theoretical and practical knowledge required". Daniel K, Hotel Management, Romania
"Upon completing the Interior Plants Course I was offered my dream job. Taking this class was one of the best decisions I've made, the information I received was invaluable. Thank you ADL". Meg V, Interior Plants, Florida, USA.
“I am delighted to report that I passed the exam and received a “Pass with Commendation”. I appreciate very much the detail that you went into, in the correction of my assignments and I found your advice and extra subject information invaluable in advancing my interest and knowledge in horticulture”. Go raibh mile maith agat! (a thousand thanks!) Colin, RHS Cert II, Ireland
"Although my main interest in Earth Science is Geology I found this course excellent. The course notes were very interesting and useful throughout the course. Thank you to the ADL staff for their excellent service" Barry. Earth Science
"I received good feedback, and had an efficient turnaround of assignments, useful comments and grades to analyse." Andrew, Calf Rearing
"I enjoyed the course and developed a good understanding of learning and behaviour disorders. I feel this will be helpful in my role as a Clerk at a local primary school". The course met my expectations and I enjoyed the challenge of learning about conditions i knew little about. The presentation of the course and the opportunity to communicate with my tutor was valuable. I enjoyed the course so much , I am planning to do another! Jennifer C, Developmental Learning and Behavioural Disorders in Children and Adolescents, UK