Leisure Management II 100 Hours Certificate Course
Ask a question
Leisure Management II 100 Hours Certificate Course
Leisure Management II course online. Home Study. Learn to manage your staff effectively! Develops management strategies for human resources in a recreation or fitness service, or facility. People are a key resource for any business. This distance learning course develops an understanding of important human resource issues such as work schedules, developing a team approach, team performance, staff recruitment, evaluating staff performance, and communication between staff.
Lesson Structure: Leisure Management II BRE104
There are 8 lessons:
- Work Schedules
- Work Teams
- Workplace Efficiency
- Staff Performance
- Workplace Communications
- Staff Grievances
- Developing a Staff Manual
Learning Goals: Leisure Management II BRE104
- Manage a work team
- Develop work team performance, to improve productivity and efficiency
- Manage the recruitment of new staff.
- Manage performance of individual members of staff.
- Maintain good communication with staff.
- Deal with staff grievances.
- Produce a staff manual for a workplace.
Manage work schedules.
- Prepare a work schedule, in accordance with a given job specification.
- List items of information which legally must be maintained in staff records.
- Explain different methods of maintaining work records.
- Calculate pay for a specified case study, including deductions for taxation and superannuation.
- Write a procedure for the maintenance of essential work records, in a specified recreation workplace, and in accordance with Quality Assurance Standard 9002.
- Explain different delegation techniques appropriate to a specified recreation workplace.
- Develop procedures to ensure different work tasks in a recreation workplace are performed in accordance with employer policy.
- Plan work programs, for different situations, including *delivery of a specified activity program *maintenance of a specified recreation facility.
- Develop a procedure to monitor work performance which satisfies the Quality Assurance Standard 9002.
- Develop criteria for evaluating team performance in different situations.
- Evaluate performance of a team, using criteria developed in 3.1.
- Analyse evaluation made of the performance of a work team.
- Develop recommendations for improvement of work team performance evaluation.
- Develop a summary for a work team training program, in response to specified recommendations which have been developed.
- Analyse staff needs in different recreation workplaces you visit, to determine areas where adjustments may be desirable for allocated manpower hours.
- Explain the purpose of job specifications, including control of work tasks.
- Develop strategies to locate potential employees, for different specified situations in the recreation industry, detailing those strategies.
- Write copy for specified job advertisements, including:
- a classified of thirty five words
- a small display advertisement
- List criteria for staff selection, in a specified situation.
- Plan a standard job interview, in accordance with a given job specification, to run for twenty minutes.
- Explain initiation procedures for a new member of staff, in accordance with a given job specification and specified situation.
- Define "probation period" in a specific workplace.
- Compare the legal implications of recruiting new staff in accordance with different specified procedures.
- Explain differences in staff recruitment processes in different large organisations.
- Explain different methods of assessing work productivity.
- Design an Employee Performance Appraisal Form for a specified situation in the recreation industry.
- List difficulties in using employee appraisal forms.
- Evaluate the performance of different employees, in different recreation workplaces, using staff appraisal forms.
- Develop a list of procedures to review changes, in the skills of an employee.
- Explain career advancement opportunities for staff in different recreation workplaces you investigate.
- Explain career paths for different different specified recreation industry jobs using illustrations.
- Explain the purpose of staff meetings in a specified recreation organisation.
- Explain the effectiveness of communication systems between staff and management in different, specific, recreation organisations.
- Write an organisational procedure, to provide management with feedback from employees on any work related issues.
- Explain different techniques of conflict resolution, appropriate to a specified problem in the workplace.
- List guidelines for maintaining morale in a workplace.
- Explain different types of grievance, in a specific workplace.
- Explain the role of an employee or union representative in dealing with a grievance.
- Explain the role of a supervisor in dealing with a grievance in a specific case study.
- List guidelines to follow when dealing with a grievance.
- Develop a formal procedure for dealing with grievances in a specified workplace situation.
|How Do Our Tuition Fees Compare?||Full time classroom based Further Education Courses - Approx. £5,000 per year - Part-time classroom based Adult Education Courses - Approx. £7.00 per hour - N.B. classroom tuition means you learn at the pace of the class. One-to-one private tuition - from £15.00 per hour - ADL one-to-one tution fees - From £340 per 100 Hour Course = Average of £3.40 per hour - N.B. one-to-one tuition is tailored to your own individual learning availability and pace.|
|Course Start||Begin your learning at any time.|
|Course Prerequisite||None - Our course levels are an indication of the depth of learning you should receive. They do not describe the level of difficulty.|
|Course Qualification (Study Option A)||Endorsed Qualification from TQUK - Training Qualifications UK, an Ofqual Approved Awarding Organisation - Completed written assignments and final evaluation per course/module to be taken.|
|Course Qualification (Study Option B)||Certificate of Attainment from ADL - Completed written assignments only - no final evaluation.|
|Comparative Credits Information||UK Course Credits: 10 - U.S. Credit Hours: 3 - when compared to regulated courses.|
|Course Duration and Deadlines||Course hours given are a guide only. You will be encouraged to work at your own pace to learn as much as you can, with no assignment deadlines or end date by which you must complete your course by. You are in control!|
|Study Support||Personal tutor/mentor support from industry relevant professionals throughout your whole course. Mentors are contactable by e-mail, telephone and through the Moodle online classroom. They provide assistance with your course material, plus discuss, explain and give advice when needed. They will also mark and grade your assignments, plus provide constructive and helpful feedback vital to your success.|
|Suitability for Self Employment and Small Businesses||Our courses are ideal for sole traders and small business owners and their staff. Customer confidence in what you can do will determine how successful you are in getting clients. Doing the job right using the correct knowledge and skills, leads to repeat business and referrals to friends, family and work colleagues. Completing one or more of our courses for the service you have to offer, will give you the tools to achieve this and grow your business.|
|Recognition of Your Course By Employers||We aim to achieve the correct balance between your qualification being recognised and providing you with the in-depth learning, to empower you to succeed. If you can demonstrate that you have the level of knowledge and transferable skills necessary to an employer, you should stand out from someone who has only received a superficial understanding of what's required - Select study option A when enrolling, so an employer can check the status of the awarding organisation for your qualification on the Ofqual Register.|
|Recognition of Your Course By Universities||As you will see on our Testimonials page, previous students have used their qualification from us to get into university. However each one will have its own entrance criteria and acceptance may also depend on your other qualifications and experience. We can approach up to three universities on your behalf with details of our course before you enrol, so you will know whether it will be accepted as part of their application process. Please complete our contact form and we will begin the process.|
|Designing Your Own Qualification||Bundle up your choice of related courses to form your own qualification. Our Advanced Certificates (4 courses), Diplomas (6 courses), Advanced Diplomas (8 courses) and Higher Advanced Diplomas (12 courses), are used to differentiate between the in-depth knowledge and skills you will acquire in your chosen area of study. e.g. Advanced Certificate in Turf Care Management, which includes individual courses: Turf Care, Sports Turf Care, Turf Repair and Renovation and Turf Grasses.|
|How Can I Enrol?||Online by selecting your study option, learning materials, plus payment option and then clicking the Enrol Now button - By contacting us for an application form - By telephoning us on 01227 789 649 (International: 0044 1227 789 649). Lines open 9am till 5pm Monday to Friday, excluding Bank Holidays and between Christmas and New Year.|
|How Can I Get a Pro-forma Invoice for my Employer?||Contact us with details and we will email your employer an invoice. We will need: employer's name, address, telephone number, email address and contact name. We will also require your name, telephone number, email address, date of birth and the course and code you wish to enrol for.|
"Fantastic Teacher. Well organised modules. Assignments force me to learn and research more so I can prepare well for exams. I really enjoyed studying via ADL. I can now continue study at Ulster University which accept my certificate from ADL". Level 4, Advanced Certificate in Applied Science, VSC001, Stanislawa, Poland.
Its with great pleasure I am announcing you my new job as 'Park Manager' for a 5 star hotel in Reunion Island. Its definitely my courses with ADL (Botany, Agronomy and Trees for Rehabilitation) which were decisive for my nomination. Accordingly, my sincere thanks goes to all the ADL team.
"The course was a valuable learning experience as it provided me with the knowledge and understanding for me as a Careers Advisor. The feedback was very good from my tutor, and allowed me to build upon my assignments that were marked. The comments were very informative and very useful. Well written course material." Andrew W, Careers Counselling, UKMore Reviews....