Nature Park Management I 100 Hours Certificate Course
Ask a question
Nature Park Management I 100 Hours Certificate Course
Nature Park Management I course online. Home Study - Distance Learning. Become skilled at managing nature parks! This course has been specifically designed for people working or wishing to work in nature parks and reserves, in managerial or technical positions. Learn about natural environments, and the management of zoos, wildlife parks, nature reserves. Build an understanding of the natural environment and basic ecological principles, and learn a wide range of skills ranging from basic gardening and nature park design, to erosion control, weed control and tree surgery.
Follow this course up with Nature Park Management ll, to build upon what you will learn in this course. Afterwards, why not consider our Diploma in Wildlife Management, Diploma in Horticulture (Nature Park Management), or Higher Advanced Diploma in Environmental Management?
This course will benefit you, if you are working in, or aspiring to work in:
- Land management
- Parks & gardens
- Wildlife Management
Course duration: 100 hours approx. - Work at your own pace with no deadlines
Qualification: Level 4 Certificate in Nature Park Management l
Learning Goals: Nature Park Management I BEN120
- Explain the importance of the interrelationships between various components of a natural environment within an ecosystem.
- Develop management strategies for soils within a natural ecosystem.
- Develop management strategies for plant maintenance practices, in nature parks.alt
- Design a nature park, or a section within a nature park.
- Develop management strategies for the control of weed problems in a nature park.
- Develop management strategies for the rehabilitation of degraded sites in a nature park.
Lesson Structure: Nature Park Management I BEN120
There are 12 lessons:
1 Introduction to Nature Park Management
- the role and scope of nature parks
- the importance of indigenous vegetation in nature parks.
2 Basic Ecology
- the environment, plants and animals
- ecosystem concepts.
3 Soil Management in Nature Parks
- soil characteristics and problems
4 Plant Maintenance - basic gardening techniques
- natural gardening
- plant selection
- succession planting
5 Design of Nature/Wilderness Parks I
- collecting site information; preparing concept plans.
6 Design of Nature/Wilderness Parks II
- drawing the final plan; construction estimates; designing animal enclosures.
7 Weed Management
- characteristics of weeds
- weed control
- environmental weeds.
8 Pest and Disease Management
- management strategies
- chemical safety.
9 Culture of Indigenous Plants
- techniques for establishing vegetation
- planting design.
10 Tree Management
- role of trees in nature parks
- tree maintenance plans
- pruning and tree surgery.
11 Turf Care
- turf varieties in nature parks
- lawn preparation
- establishment and maintenance.
12 Rehabilitation: Problems and Solutions
- aims and strategies
- soil problems and solutions in degraded sites.
What You Will Do In This Course:
- Differentiate between different categories or types of nature parks.
- Determine thirty living components of a specific ecosystem, studied by you.
- Determine ten non-living components of a specific ecosystem, studied by you.
- Prepare a labelled diagram to illustrate the interrelationships between at least fifteen different components of an ecosystem.
- Explain the possible impact of removing two different specified organisms from a specified ecosystem.
- Explain the potential impact of adding non indigenous organisms, to a specified ecosystem.
- Explain how different soil characteristics can impact upon an ecosystem.
- Describe the physical characteristics of at least three different soils, which are of significant to the stability of their ecosystems.
- Assess aspects of soil dynamics on a site, including:
- Soil life
- Susceptibility to degradation
- Sunlight (canopy penetration)
- Compare the likely implications of using three different types of fertilisers, including:
- Benefit to plants
- Method of use Environmental impact
- Explain the use of different soil conditioners including:
- PH modifiers
- Organic matter
- Determine the plant maintenance requirements of a specific nature park visited and assessed by you.
- Develop guidelines for the care of new plantations in a nature park visited by you.
- Compare the suitability of three different types of grass cutting equipment, for mowing a specific park.
- Compare the likely environmental impact of different types of pesticides used on a specific site.
- Determine the significance to plant populations, of containment of different outpus, on a specified site, including:
- water runoff
- chemical spray drift Effluent Pollutants.
- Prepare a plant collection of sixty plants.
- Determine categories of landscape developments which are carried out in different types of nature parks, including: -Wildlife Reserves -Zoos -Sanctuaries -National Parks -Forest Reserves -Vegetation corridors.
- Evaluate the designs of two different sections, of different nature parks, against given criteria.
- Collect pre-planning information for the development of a site, within a nature park.
- Prepare two concept plans for a nature park development, including:
- existing features
- clear labelling
- north indicator
- Compare features of two nature park concept plans.
- Plan the construction of a landscape development within a nature park, including:
- materials lists (types and quantities of materials)
- plan of proposed landscape development; -list of manpower and equipment requirements
- a work schedule.
- Estimate the cost of construction in accordance with a specified landscape plan.
- Estimate the cost of maintaining a specified section of a park, for a three month period.
- Explain the impact of weeds on two natural environments in the learners locality, using examples.
- Describe two different weed problems, in two different nature parks.
- Explain five different weed seed dispersal mechanisms, for weed species collected.
- alternative control methods for a specified weed problem.
- Select appropriate control methods for ten different specified weed problems.
- Develop guidelines for weed control, in a nature park inspected by you.
- Develop a management plan to reinstate indigenous flora on a specific site.
- Explain the causes of three specified types of site degradation.
- Describe five different techniques for controlling site degradation.
- Describe five different techniques for repairing site degradation.
- Describe degraded sites at two different natural areas, you inspect.
- Prepare construction details for work to be undertaken in the rehabilitation of a degraded site you inspect.
- Develop a management plan for a degraded site, in a natural area you visit.
|How Do Our Tuition Fees Compare?||Full time classroom based Further Education Courses - Approx. £5,000 per year - Part-time classroom based Adult Education Courses - Approx. £7.00 per hour - N.B. classroom tuition means you learn at the pace of the class. One-to-one private tuition - from £15.00 per hour - ADL one-to-one tution fees - From £340 per 100 Hour Course = Average of £3.40 per hour - N.B. one-to-one tuition is tailored to your own individual learning availability and pace.|
|Course Start||Begin your learning at any time.|
|Course Prerequisite||None - Our course levels are an indication of the depth of learning you should receive. They do not describe the level of difficulty.|
|Course Qualification (Study Option A)||Endorsed Qualification from TQUK - Training Qualifications UK, an Ofqual Approved Awarding Organisation - Completed written assignments and final evaluation per course/module to be taken.|
|Course Qualification (Study Option B)||Certificate of Attainment from ADL - Completed written assignments only - no final evaluation.|
|Comparative Credits Information||UK Course Credits: 10 - U.S. Credit Hours: 3 - when compared to regulated courses.|
|Course Duration and Deadlines||Course hours given are a guide only. You will be encouraged to work at your own pace to learn as much as you can, with no assignment deadlines or end date by which you must complete your course by. You are in control!|
|Study Support||Personal tutor/mentor support from industry relevant professionals throughout your whole course. Mentors are contactable by e-mail, telephone and through the Moodle online classroom. They provide assistance with your course material, plus discuss, explain and give advice when needed. They will also mark and grade your assignments, plus provide constructive and helpful feedback vital to your success.|
|Suitability for Self Employment and Small Businesses||Our courses are ideal for sole traders and small business owners and their staff. Customer confidence in what you can do will determine how successful you are in getting clients. Doing the job right using the correct knowledge and skills, leads to repeat business and referrals to friends, family and work colleagues. Completing one or more of our courses for the service you have to offer, will give you the tools to achieve this and grow your business.|
|Recognition of Your Course By Employers||We aim to achieve the correct balance between your qualification being recognised and providing you with the in-depth learning, to empower you to succeed. If you can demonstrate that you have the level of knowledge and transferable skills necessary to an employer, you should stand out from someone who has only received a superficial understanding of what's required - Select study option A when enrolling, so an employer can check the status of the awarding organisation for your qualification on the Ofqual Register.|
|Recognition of Your Course By Universities||As you will see on our Testimonials page, previous students have used their qualification from us to get into university. However each one will have its own entrance criteria and acceptance may also depend on your other qualifications and experience. We can approach up to three universities on your behalf with details of our course before you enrol, so you will know whether it will be accepted as part of their application process. Please complete our contact form and we will begin the process.|
|Designing Your Own Qualification||Bundle up your choice of related courses to form your own qualification. Our Advanced Certificates (4 courses), Diplomas (6 courses), Advanced Diplomas (8 courses) and Higher Advanced Diplomas (12 courses), are used to differentiate between the in-depth knowledge and skills you will acquire in your chosen area of study. e.g. Advanced Certificate in Turf Care Management, which includes individual courses: Turf Care, Sports Turf Care, Turf Repair and Renovation and Turf Grasses.|
|How Can I Enrol?||Online by selecting your study option, learning materials, plus payment option and then clicking the Enrol Now button - By contacting us for an application form - By telephoning us on 01227 789 649 (International: 0044 1227 789 649). Lines open 9am till 5pm Monday to Friday, excluding Bank Holidays and between Christmas and New Year.|
|How Can I Get a Pro-forma Invoice for my Employer?||Contact us with details and we will email your employer an invoice. We will need: employer's name, address, telephone number, email address and contact name. We will also require your name, telephone number, email address, date of birth and the course and code you wish to enrol for.|
"Fantastic Teacher. Well organised modules. Assignments force me to learn and research more so I can prepare well for exams. I really enjoyed studying via ADL. I can now continue study at Ulster University which accept my certificate from ADL". Level 4, Advanced Certificate in Applied Science, VSC001, Stanislawa, Poland.
Its with great pleasure I am announcing you my new job as 'Park Manager' for a 5 star hotel in Reunion Island. Its definitely my courses with ADL (Botany, Agronomy and Tree for Rehabilitation) which were decisive for my nomination. Accordingly, my sincere thanks goes to all the ADL team.
"The course was a valuable learning experience as it provided me with the knowledge and understanding for me as a Careers Advisor. The feedback was very good from my tutor, and allowed me to build upon my assignments that were marked. The comments were very informative and very useful. Well written course material." Andrew W, Careers Counselling, UK
"It exceeded my expectations. It was more comprehensive than I expected and the assignments really stimulated deep study of the subject. Thank you for your guidance. I am delighted with my certificate and will recommend this course and ADL to my friends and colleagues." G Flaherty, Ornithology BEN102, Ireland
"I want to thank you for the course - Hotel Management- I've just finished now. The course was comprehensive and well edited. For sure it can give a new worker in the hospitality industry the basic theoretical and practical knowledge required". Daniel K, Hotel Management, Romania
"Upon completing the Interior Plants Course I was offered my dream job. Taking this class was one of the best decisions I've made, the information I received was invaluable. Thank you ADL". Meg V, Interior Plants, Florida, USA.
“I am delighted to report that I passed the exam and received a “Pass with Commendation”. I appreciate very much the detail that you went into, in the correction of my assignments and I found your advice and extra subject information invaluable in advancing my interest and knowledge in horticulture”. Go raibh mile maith agat! (a thousand thanks!) Colin, RHS Cert II, Ireland
"Although my main interest in Earth Science is Geology I found this course excellent. The course notes were very interesting and useful throughout the course. Thank you to the ADL staff for their excellent service" Barry. Earth Science
"I received good feedback, and had an efficient turnaround of assignments, useful comments and grades to analyse." Andrew, Calf Rearing
"I enjoyed the course and developed a good understanding of learning and behaviour disorders. I feel this will be helpful in my role as a Clerk at a local primary school". The course met my expectations and I enjoyed the challenge of learning about conditions i knew little about. The presentation of the course and the opportunity to communicate with my tutor was valuable. I enjoyed the course so much , I am planning to do another! Jennifer C, Developmental Learning and Behavioural Disorders in Children and Adolescents, UK