Nursery Sales Assistant 100 Hours Certificate Course
Ask a question
Nursery Sales Assistant 100 Hours Certificate Course
Nursery Sales Assistant course online.
Lesson Structure: Nursery Sales Assistant VHT103
There are 5 lessons:
- Introduction to Plant Identification
- Understanding plant classification and pronunciation of plant names.
- Sales Skills
- Determining different types of customers; developing the communication skills to sell, including how to open and close a sale.
- Caring for Plants
- Planting techniques, understanding soils, plant nutrition and pest management.
- Selecting the Right Plant for the Right Place
- How to create different moods using plants.
- Advising Customers in a Nursery
- Developing good communication skills, knowing your product, plant placement.
Learning Goals: Nursery Sales Assistant VHT103
- Identify a sales opening.
- Identify and demonstrate how to 'close' a sale.
- Demonstrate a range of sales skills in a horticultural workplace
- Identify a range of different plants, based on their flower and leaf structures.
- Describe the importance of effective communication and sales techniques in the retail nursery industry.
- Demonstrate knowledge of how to care for plants, both in the garden and in the nursery.
- Demonstrate knowledge of appropriate plant selection for a range of different sites.
- Identify a range of plant health problems and describe appropriate chemical and non-chemical control methods to control those problems.
- Demonstrate knowledge and use of nursery products.
- Describe the importance of plant placement in the retail nursery.
- Read the supplied course material.
- Undertake simple and relevant practical tasks.
- Submit written assignments at the completion of each lesson.
- Prepare plant review worksheets
|How Do Our Tuition Fees Compare?|
|Course Start||Begin your course at anytime.|
|Course Prerequisite||None - Our course levels are an indication of the depth of learning you should receive. They do not describe the level of difficulty.|
|Course Qualification (Study Option A)||Endorsed Qualification from TQUK - Training Qualifications UK, an Ofqual Approved Awarding Organisation - Completed written assignments, plus final exam (N.B. Some courses have Final Project alternative).|
|Course Qualification (Study Option B)||Certificate of Attainment from ADL - Completed written assignments only - no final exam.|
|Comparative Credits Information||UK Course Credits: 10 - U.S. Credit Hours: 3 - when compared to regulated courses.|
|Course Duration and Deadlines||100 hours approx. Course hours given are a guide only. Work at your own pace with no assignment deadlines or completion date. You are in control!|
|Study Support||Personal tutor/mentor support from industry relevant professionals throughout your whole course. Mentors are contactable by e-mail, telephone and through the online classroom. They provide assistance with your course material, plus discuss, explain and give advice when needed.|
|Suitability for Self Employment and Small Businesses||Our courses are ideal for sole traders and small business owners and their staff. Customer confidence in what you can do will determine how successful you are in getting clients. Completing one or more of our courses for the service you have to offer, will give you the tools to grow your business.|
|Recognition of Your Course By Employers||We aim to achieve the correct balance between your qualification being recognised and providing you with the in-depth learning, to empower you to succeed. Select study option A when enrolling, so an employer can check the status of the awarding organisation for your qualification on the Ofqual Register.|
|Recognition of Your Course By Universities||Previous students have used their qualification to get into university. However each one will have its own entrance criteria and acceptance may also depend on your other qualifications and experience.|
|Designing Your Own Qualification||Bundle up your choice of related courses to form your own qualification. Choose from a Diploma (6 courses), Advanced Diploma (8 courses) and Higher Advanced Diploma (12 courses.|
|How Can I Enrol?||Online via eCommerce, by completing our Online Application Form, or by calling us on +44 (0) 1227 789 649. Lines open 9am till 5pm Monday to Friday, excluding Bank Holidays and between Christmas and New Year.|
|How Can I Get a Pro-forma Invoice for my Employer?||Contact us with details and we will email your employer an invoice. We will need: employer's name, address, telephone number, email address and contact name. We will also require your name, telephone number, email address, date of birth and the course and code you wish to enrol for.|
"Fantastic Teacher. Well organised modules. Assignments force me to learn and research more so I can prepare well for exams. I really enjoyed studying via ADL. I can now continue study at Ulster University which accept my certificate from ADL". Level 4, Advanced Certificate in Applied Science, VSC001, Stanislawa, Poland.
Its with great pleasure I am announcing you my new job as 'Park Manager' for a 5 star hotel in Reunion Island. Its definitely my courses with ADL (Botany, Agronomy and Trees for Rehabilitation) which were decisive for my nomination. Accordingly, my sincere thanks goes to all the ADL team.
"The course was a valuable learning experience as it provided me with the knowledge and understanding for me as a Careers Advisor. The feedback was very good from my tutor, and allowed me to build upon my assignments that were marked. The comments were very informative and very useful. Well written course material." Andrew W, Careers Counselling, UKMore Reviews....