Nutritional Therapy eBook
Ask a question
Nutritional Therapy eBook
You are what you eat and this has never been more important than in today’s food diverse society. This ebook provides an introduction to the fundamentals of nutrition and covers over thirty different nutrition related illnesses.
by the Staff of ACS Distance Learning
Nutritional Therapy eBook course online. It's amazing how little people know about their bodies and yet still expect them to function in an energetic and efficient manner. We eat all sorts of rubbish, but you wouldn't put the wrong fuel in your car and still expect it to drive smoothly. This e-book will give you a great overview of the human nutrition industry in all its facets.
Nutrition is a potent component in human health, and can be a valuable contributor toward improving recovery from injury or illness. As such, nutrition can be used therapeutically to support recovery from a range of health issues.
Studies have shown how good nutrition promotes a healthy immune system preventing infections, aids tissue growth and replacement and supports the healthy functioning of organs such as the heart and pancreas. Conversely, inadequate intakes of nutrients, or depleted levels of nutrients in the body puts a person at risk of malnutrition. This in turn is associated with problems such as reduced immunity, poor wound healing and weakened response to recovery from disease or surgery - problems that increase the length of hospital admissions and duration/prognosis of a disease or illness and can also increase the risk of mortality.
The contribution of nutrition to recovery must be put into perspective though. The human body is complex; and there are many different factors that can affect our wellbeing. These include mental health, physical health, genetic predisposition, age, previous injury, environmental influences and daily activity; as well as what you eat.
CHAPTER 1 INTRODUCTION
- Scope & nature of therapeutic nutrition
- How does therapeutic nutrition differ to normal nutrition?
- Applications of a therapeutic diet
- Nutrition in the recovery from malnutrition
- Nutrition in the recovery from infections
- Nutrition in the treatment of chronic conditions
- Nutrition in the rehabilitation of patients following a traumatic event
- Interpreting nutritional advice
- Validity of research
CHAPTER 2 INTERACTIONS WITH NUTRITION
- What is health?
- Physical activity
- Genetic predisposition
- Environmental influences on health
- Effect of diet on physical and mental health
- Mental health
CHAPTER 3 HOW YOU EAT
- Methods of providing nutritional support
- Oral nutrition support
- Modified consistency foods
- Soft foods
- Pureed foods
- Thickened liquids
- Food fortification
- Oral nutritional supplements
- Oral nutrition and the hospitalized patient
- Delivering nutrition through a feeding tube
- Parenteral nutrition
CHAPTER 4 A - Z OF PROBLEMS AND THE THERAPEUTIC RESPONSE
- Part of the body - the brain
- Mental illness
- Eating disorders
- Dietary management
- Swallowing difficulties
- Additional problems affecting the mouth
- Wired jaw
- Gastritis and stomach ulcers
- Part of body - the liver
- Part of the body - the heart
- Part of the body - the pancreas
- Part of body- the kidneys
- Part of body - the intestine
- Inflammatory bowel disease
- Coeliac disease
- Part of the body - muscles and bone
- Part of the body - the skin
|How Do Our Tuition Fees Compare?|
|Course Qualification (Study Option A)|
|Course Qualification (Study Option B)|
|Comparative Credits Information|
|Course Duration and Deadlines|
|Suitability for Self Employment and Small Businesses|
|Recognition of Your Course By Employers|
|Recognition of Your Course By Universities|
|Designing Your Own Qualification|
|How Can I Enrol?|
|How Can I Get a Pro-forma Invoice for my Employer?|
"Fantastic Teacher. Well organised modules. Assignments force me to learn and research more so I can prepare well for exams. I really enjoyed studying via ADL. I can now continue study at Ulster University which accept my certificate from ADL". Level 4, Advanced Certificate in Applied Science, VSC001, Stanislawa, Poland.
Its with great pleasure I am announcing you my new job as 'Park Manager' for a 5 star hotel in Reunion Island. Its definitely my courses with ADL (Botany, Agronomy and Trees for Rehabilitation) which were decisive for my nomination. Accordingly, my sincere thanks goes to all the ADL team.
"The course was a valuable learning experience as it provided me with the knowledge and understanding for me as a Careers Advisor. The feedback was very good from my tutor, and allowed me to build upon my assignments that were marked. The comments were very informative and very useful. Well written course material." Andrew W, Careers Counselling, UKMore Reviews....