Office Practices 100 Hours Certificate Course
Ask a question
Office Practices 100 Hours Certificate Course
Skilled office workers are always in demand. Make sure you have what it takes to get started. Let potential employers see your office skills. The course has been designed to help you develop the skills and knowledge necessary for the operation of an office in any part of the globe.
Through this course you'll learn how to:
- Develop the skills needed to improve your chances of getting an office job
- Help you do your current job better
- Expand your ability to communicate, solve problems and be more productive in the work environment
Office Practices course online.
Lesson Structure: Office Practices VBS102
There are 6 lessons:
- The Modern Office
- scope of office work
- the home office vs commercial premises, etc.
- Communication Systems
- using the phone
- business letters
- postage, etc.
- Interpersonal Communications
- Phone Skills
- Writing Letters and Other Documents
- writing Letters and Reports.
- structure of a report
- business letters.
- Computer Applications
- scope & uses of computers
- types of computers
- software types
- word processing
- CD Roms
- setting up and care of a PC.
- Office Organisation and Procedures
- office furniture
- paper specifications
- record keeping etc.
- Health and Safety in the Office
- Office layout and organization
Learning Goals: Office Practices VBS102
- Determine the price range of different items of equipment and materials.
- Determine the upper and lower limit of what it might be likely to cost you to set up a new office.
- Design a memorandum form.
- Explain postal systems used in a business.
- Create a MS Access Database.
- Design a filing system.
- Design a work schedule suitable for a specific workplace.
- Design a security system that can be implemented in a work situation.
- Design a layout for an office situation.
- Make a list of essential equipment, stationery and other materials.
- Visit an office supply company.
- Collect catalogues or price lists for different products available.
- Compare the implications of having an office at home with leasing, buying or using a serviced office.
- Explain applications to use and apply the following office equipment:
- mobile phones
- Report on the range of systems covering:
- electronic banking
- mobile phones
- rail services
- Write a letter applying for this job.
- Write a letter from an organisation (real or imaginary) to another organisation.
- Ask your local computer supplier about virus removal software and hardware.
- Compile a table comparing features of different computer systems.
- What roles can computers play in business?
- Contact or visit various stationery supplies to find out about what materials are available.
- Write a report about how to design a filing system suitable for your area of work.
- Inspect various offices to see how they are utilising space and storage.
- Contact various suppliers of office furniture to see what furniture is available.
|How Do Our Tuition Fees Compare?||Full time classroom based Further Education Courses - Approx. £5,000 per year - Part-time classroom based Adult Education Courses - Approx. £7.00 per hour - N.B. classroom tuition means you learn at the pace of the class. One-to-one private tuition - from £15.00 per hour - ADL one-to-one tution fees - From £340 per 100 Hour Course = Average of £3.40 per hour - N.B. one-to-one tuition is tailored to your own individual learning availability and pace.|
|Course Start||Begin your learning at any time.|
|Course Prerequisite||None - Our course levels are an indication of the depth of learning you should receive. They do not describe the level of difficulty.|
|Course Qualification (Study Option A)||Endorsed Qualification from TQUK - Training Qualifications UK, an Ofqual Approved Awarding Organisation - Completed written assignments and final evaluation per course/module to be taken.|
|Course Qualification (Study Option B)||Certificate of Attainment from ADL - Completed written assignments only - no final evaluation.|
|Comparative Credits Information||UK Course Credits: 10 - U.S. Credit Hours: 3 - when compared to regulated courses.|
|Course Duration and Deadlines||Course hours given are a guide only. You will be encouraged to work at your own pace to learn as much as you can, with no assignment deadlines or end date by which you must complete your course by. You are in control!|
|Study Support||Personal tutor/mentor support from industry relevant professionals throughout your whole course. Mentors are contactable by e-mail, telephone and through the Moodle online classroom. They provide assistance with your course material, plus discuss, explain and give advice when needed. They will also mark and grade your assignments, plus provide constructive and helpful feedback vital to your success.|
|Suitability for Self Employment and Small Businesses||Our courses are ideal for sole traders and small business owners and their staff. Customer confidence in what you can do will determine how successful you are in getting clients. Doing the job right using the correct knowledge and skills, leads to repeat business and referrals to friends, family and work colleagues. Completing one or more of our courses for the service you have to offer, will give you the tools to achieve this and grow your business.|
|Recognition of Your Course By Employers||We aim to achieve the correct balance between your qualification being recognised and providing you with the in-depth learning, to empower you to succeed. If you can demonstrate that you have the level of knowledge and transferable skills necessary to an employer, you should stand out from someone who has only received a superficial understanding of what's required - Select study option A when enrolling, so an employer can check the status of the awarding organisation for your qualification on the Ofqual Register.|
|Recognition of Your Course By Universities||As you will see on our Testimonials page, previous students have used their qualification from us to get into university. However each one will have its own entrance criteria and acceptance may also depend on your other qualifications and experience. We can approach up to three universities on your behalf with details of our course before you enrol, so you will know whether it will be accepted as part of their application process. Please complete our contact form and we will begin the process.|
|Designing Your Own Qualification||Bundle up your choice of related courses to form your own qualification. Our Advanced Certificates (4 courses), Diplomas (6 courses), Advanced Diplomas (8 courses) and Higher Advanced Diplomas (12 courses), are used to differentiate between the in-depth knowledge and skills you will acquire in your chosen area of study. e.g. Advanced Certificate in Turf Care Management, which includes individual courses: Turf Care, Sports Turf Care, Turf Repair and Renovation and Turf Grasses.|
|How Can I Enrol?||Online by selecting your study option, learning materials, plus payment option and then clicking the Enrol Now button - By contacting us for an application form - By telephoning us on 01227 789 649 (International: 0044 1227 789 649). Lines open 9am till 5pm Monday to Friday, excluding Bank Holidays and between Christmas and New Year.|
|How Can I Get a Pro-forma Invoice for my Employer?||Contact us with details and we will email your employer an invoice. We will need: employer's name, address, telephone number, email address and contact name. We will also require your name, telephone number, email address, date of birth and the course and code you wish to enrol for.|
"Fantastic Teacher. Well organised modules. Assignments force me to learn and research more so I can prepare well for exams. I really enjoyed studying via ADL. I can now continue study at Ulster University which accept my certificate from ADL". Level 4, Advanced Certificate in Applied Science, VSC001, Stanislawa, Poland.
Its with great pleasure I am announcing you my new job as 'Park Manager' for a 5 star hotel in Reunion Island. Its definitely my courses with ADL (Botany, Agronomy and Trees for Rehabilitation) which were decisive for my nomination. Accordingly, my sincere thanks goes to all the ADL team.
"The course was a valuable learning experience as it provided me with the knowledge and understanding for me as a Careers Advisor. The feedback was very good from my tutor, and allowed me to build upon my assignments that were marked. The comments were very informative and very useful. Well written course material." Andrew W, Careers Counselling, UKMore Reviews....