Call us: +44 (0)1227 789 649 - Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm
Careers Counselling Level 5 600 Hours Diploma
Learn About Careers Counselling
If you love advising people in choosing the right career then become a Careers Counsellor. This in depth level 5 Diploma in Careers Counselling offers you an insight into the work of a careers counsellor. It will provide you with a good grounding in the field of careers counselling, life coaching, counselling and psychology, providing you with the skills to work in careers counselling.
Careers Counselling – This is a mainly verbal process, where the counsellor and client are in a collaborative and dynamic relationship, focusing on identifying and acting on the goals of the client. The counselor uses their repertoire of techniques and processes, to help the client come to an understanding of the options available.
Among other things, Careers Counselling may involve helping people:
- Identify the best job for their skills and interests
- Find any job to meet their personal and financial needs
- Find a better or more appropriate job for their situation
- Achieve job satisfaction through appropriate choices
- Plan and cope with career changes
- Better adapt to the workplace
- Improve their potential for advancement in the workplace
- Identify new career possibilities when circumstances change.
- To be able to assist a client in each or any of these processes, a Careers Counselor must be aware of:
- The diverse nature of employment opportunities
- The requirements for success in different types of jobs
- Reasons that people hire and fire employees
- Workplace conditions including contract law, industrial relations systems, health and safety issues, ethics -
- useful contacts among employers, government departments, funding bodies,
- professional associations, industry experts, etc
- Factors that hinder or promote a person’s job-seeking effectiveness
- Trends in the local job market.
Lesson Structure:- Diploma in Career Counselling VPS018
Core Modules: These 3 modules form the foundation of this Diploma
Elective Modules: (Choose 3 modules from the 15 modules below)
- Business Studies BBS101
- Counselling Skills II BPS110
- Introduction To Psychology BPS101
- Counselling Techniques BPS206
- Professional Practice In Counselling BPS207
- Professional Supervision BPS301
- Industry Project BIP000
- Educational Psychology BPS105
- Psychology in the Workplace BPS103 (Industrial Psychology)
- Motivation VBS111
- Stress Management VPS100
- Adolescent Psychology BPS211
- Developmental Psychology BPS210
- Entrepreneurship BBS204
- Psychopharmacology (Drugs & Psychology) BPS302
Please Note: each module in this Diploma is a certificate in its own right, and may be studied separately.
Please see lesson titles for your learning goals.
Practical (Set Tasks)
This Course is Taught By:
Her Background: Licentiate, Speech and Language Therapy, UK, Diploma in Advanced Counselling Skills.
She has been a clinician and manager of health services for fifteen years, and a trainer for UK-based medical charities, focusing on psychosocial issues, mental health disorders, and also the promotion of communication skills for people in helping roles. As a freelance writer, she contributes articles for magazines, has written four published books, and has written course material on coaching and counselling related fields.
Assessment is based on a combination of completing all assignments and sitting for a final short one and a half hour exam, in your own location.
If you don’t cope well with exams then you may elect to undertake a project instead. This is a popular option.
In addition, most modules have a Set Task at the end of each lesson placed before the assignment. This is an opportunity to undertake practical work to help you acquire knowledge and skills and practical experience. This ADL feature is an added bonus not found at most online schools. Set Tasks are not required for assessment.
Some courses also have optional Self-Tests which are available on our online learning platform. These are not available by correspondence or by USB, and do not form part of your overall grade.
How our courses work
- Choose Your Learning Method
You choose how you would like to receive your course material, i.e., Online, USB or Correspondence. The choice is yours. You may also work on online or offline.
- Tutor Allocation
Every student is assigned their own dedicated tutor who is an expert in their subject area. They provide as much or as little individual contact as you require. You can contact your tutor whenever you need – your hours are not limited.
- Feedback and Assignments
Tutor Feedback is an essential component in helping you understand the subject matter. Tutor feedback is given in the form of notes written on the assignment. We encourage you to contact your Tutor where help with clarification and understanding of course material may be required.
Your assignments are located at the end of each lesson. You submit them for marking whenever you are ready. There is no time limit.
- Set Tasks and Self-Tests
Most modules have a Set Task at the end of each lesson before for the assignment. This is where you get the opportunity to undertake practical work to help you acquire knowledge, skills and practical experience. Many modules also have short Self-Tests.
Once all assignments have been completed you may then elect to sit for a one and half hour exam in your own location. If you prefer not to take the exam you do have the option to undertake a project instead.
Once the exam or project part of the course is completed, your Certificate is then processed. Please allow approximately 4 weeks for this.
- Design Your Own Qualification
ADL offers students the flexibility to self-design their own qualification – bundling together a combination of 100-hour modules into a qualification higher than a certificate.
What your tuition fees include
- All Course Material via Online, USB or Correspondence
- Assignments Marked
- Professional Tutor Feedback
- Set Tasks - Practical Exercises to help you develop skills
- Self-Tests – multiple choice questions at the end of lessons in most modules
- Unlimited Personal Tutor Support – via our student classroom
- Committed and Friendly Admin Support – vital to your success
- ADL Ebook where relevant
- All ADL Exam or Project fees (exception RHS exams)
- Qualification Certificate
- Official Transcript with assignment grades
- Student Manual
- Academic Writing course (optional - 10 hours only)
- Critical Thinking course (optional - 10 hours only)
- Job Seekers Careers Guide
- Study Tips on How To Study Better
- Career Counselling by ADL Staff
- CV Writing Help, Tips and Advice