Call us: +44 (0)1227 789 649 - Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm
Horticulture - Parks 1200 Hours Higher Advanced Diploma
Learn About Horticulture Parks
Higher Advanced Diploma in Horticulture Parks course online. Would you like to care and manage parks, natural parks, holiday and recreation resort facilities? This course provides training for people to work in the management and development of recreation and park facilities and services. It is relevant to all types of situations including municipal parks, national parks, tourist parks, commercial landscapes, resorts, etc.
12 modules including Research Project I & II and 100 hrs of work experience/industry meetings are required to complete this Advanced Honours Diploma.
Lesson Structure: Higher Advanced Diploma In Horticulture (Parks And Recreation) VHT009.PAR
Core Modules: compulsory
Elective Modules: Choose any 10 modules from the list below:
- Introduction To Ecology BEN101
- Conservation & Environmental Management BEN201
- Environmental Assessment BEN301
- Instructional Skills BWR109
- Recreation Leadership VRE100
- Irrigation (Gardens) BHT210
- Biochemistry – Plants BSC102
- Nature Park Management I BEN120
- Nature Park Management II BEN207
- Permaculture Systems BHT201
- Advanced Permaculture BHT301
- Landscaping I BHT109
- Landscaping II BHT214
- Landscaping III BHT235
- Marine Studies I BEN103
- Marine Studies II BEN203
- Ornithology BEN102
- Natural Garden Design BHT215
- Aviculture (Bird Keeping) BAG108
Note: that each module in this Higher Advanced Diploma is a certificate in its own right, and may be studied separately.
Please see lesson titles for your learning goals.
Practical (Set Tasks)
Assessment is based on a combination of completing all assignments and sitting for a final short one and a half hour exam, in your own location.
If you don’t cope well with exams then you may elect to undertake a project instead. This is a popular option.
In addition, most modules have a Set Task at the end of each lesson placed before the assignment. This is an opportunity to undertake practical work to help you acquire knowledge and skills and practical experience. This ADL feature is an added bonus not found at most online schools. Set Tasks are not required for assessment.
Some courses also have optional Self-Tests which are available on our online learning platform. These are not available by correspondence or by USB, and do not form part of your overall grade.
How our courses work
- Choose Your Learning Method
You choose how you would like to receive your course material, i.e., Online, USB or Correspondence. The choice is yours. You may also work on online or offline.
- Tutor Allocation
Every student is assigned their own dedicated tutor who is an expert in their subject area. They provide as much or as little individual contact as you require. You can contact your tutor whenever you need – your hours are not limited.
- Feedback and Assignments
Tutor Feedback is an essential component in helping you understand the subject matter. Tutor feedback is given in the form of notes written on the assignment. We encourage you to contact your Tutor where help with clarification and understanding of course material may be required.
Your assignments are located at the end of each lesson. You submit them for marking whenever you are ready. There is no time limit.
- Set Tasks and Self-Tests
Most modules have a Set Task at the end of each lesson before for the assignment. This is where you get the opportunity to undertake practical work to help you acquire knowledge, skills and practical experience. Many modules also have short Self-Tests.
Once all assignments have been completed you may then elect to sit for a one and half hour exam in your own location. If you prefer not to take the exam you do have the option to undertake a project instead.
Once the exam or project part of the course is completed, your Certificate is then processed. Please allow approximately 4 weeks for this.
- Design Your Own Qualification
ADL offers students the flexibility to self-design their own qualification – bundling together a combination of 100-hour modules into a qualification higher than a certificate.
What your tuition fees include
- All Course Material via Online, USB or Correspondence
- Assignments Marked
- Professional Tutor Feedback
- Set Tasks - Practical Exercises to help you develop skills
- Self-Tests – multiple choice questions at the end of lessons in most modules
- Unlimited Personal Tutor Support – via our student classroom
- Committed and Friendly Admin Support – vital to your success
- ADL Ebook where relevant
- All ADL Exam or Project fees (exception RHS exams)
- Qualification Certificate
- Official Transcript with assignment grades
- Student Manual
- Academic Writing course (optional - 10 hours only)
- Critical Thinking course (optional - 10 hours only)
- Job Seekers Careers Guide
- Study Tips on How To Study Better
- Career Counselling by ADL Staff
- CV Writing Help, Tips and Advice