Call us: +44 (0)1227 789 649 - Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm
Plantmanship 600 Hours Diploma
Learn About Plantsmanship
Diploma in Plantmanship course online. Become an expert plantman. This course lays a foundation, sharpening your knowledge and skills for identifying plants; and then progresses to build the scope of plants you are able to identify.
At the end of this course you will be able to look at plants with greater focus, naturally seeing the characteristics that differentiate a plant from others, and placing it into a group (family or genus) which exhibits those characteristics. In doing so, you will find it easier to identify plants, and work out their classification, even if you do not know precisely what they are.
Lesson Structure: Diploma In Plantmanship VHT033
Elective Modules: (Choose 4)
- Acacias VHT114
- African Violets VHT105
- Australian Native Trees VHT115
- Australian Natives I BHT113
- Azaleas & Rhododendrons VHT106
- Cacti & Succulents VHT108
- Carnivorous Plants VHT107
- Eucalypts VHT117
- Fuchsias VHT112
- Growing Annuals BHT115
- Growing Camellias VHT109
- Growing Grevilleas VHT118
- Herb Culture BHT114
- Australian Natives II BHT225
- Commercial Vegetable Production BHT222
- Deciduous Trees BHT244
- Fruit Production - Temperate Climate BHT218
- Lavender BHT228
- Orchid Culture BHT232
- Palms & Cycads BHT233
- Roses BHT231
- Tropical Plants BHT234
- Bonsai BHT320
- Ferns BHT314
- Proteas BHT318
Please see lesson titles for your learning goals.
Practical (Set Tasks)
The quality of this course is second to none, from the in-depth learning you will get to the expert individual mentoring you will receive throughout your studies. The mentors for this course are:
Assessment is based on a combination of completing all assignments and sitting for a final short one and a half hour exam, in your own location.
If you don’t cope well with exams then you may elect to undertake a project instead. This is a popular option.
In addition, most modules have a Set Task at the end of each lesson placed before the assignment. This is an opportunity to undertake practical work to help you acquire knowledge and skills and practical experience. This ADL feature is an added bonus not found at most online schools. Set Tasks are not required for assessment.
Some courses also have optional Self-Tests which are available on our online learning platform. These are not available by correspondence or by USB, and do not form part of your overall grade.
How our courses work
- Choose Your Learning Method
You choose how you would like to receive your course material, i.e., Online, USB or Correspondence. The choice is yours. You may also work on online or offline.
- Tutor Allocation
Every student is assigned their own dedicated tutor who is an expert in their subject area. They provide as much or as little individual contact as you require. You can contact your tutor whenever you need – your hours are not limited.
- Feedback and Assignments
Tutor Feedback is an essential component in helping you understand the subject matter. Tutor feedback is given in the form of notes written on the assignment. We encourage you to contact your Tutor where help with clarification and understanding of course material may be required.
Your assignments are located at the end of each lesson. You submit them for marking whenever you are ready. There is no time limit.
- Set Tasks and Self-Tests
Most modules have a Set Task at the end of each lesson before for the assignment. This is where you get the opportunity to undertake practical work to help you acquire knowledge, skills and practical experience. Many modules also have short Self-Tests.
Once all assignments have been completed you may then elect to sit for a one and half hour exam in your own location. If you prefer not to take the exam you do have the option to undertake a project instead.
Once the exam or project part of the course is completed, your Certificate is then processed. Please allow approximately 4 weeks for this.
- Design Your Own Qualification
ADL offers students the flexibility to self-design their own qualification – bundling together a combination of 100-hour modules into a qualification higher than a certificate.
What your tuition fees include
- All Course Material via Online, USB or Correspondence
- Assignments Marked
- Professional Tutor Feedback
- Set Tasks - Practical Exercises to help you develop skills
- Self-Tests – multiple choice questions at the end of lessons in most modules
- Unlimited Personal Tutor Support – via our student classroom
- Committed and Friendly Admin Support – vital to your success
- ADL Ebook where relevant
- All ADL Exam or Project fees (exception RHS exams)
- Qualification Certificate
- Official Transcript with assignment grades
- Student Manual
- Academic Writing course (optional - 10 hours only)
- Critical Thinking course (optional - 10 hours only)
- Job Seekers Careers Guide
- Study Tips on How To Study Better
- Career Counselling by ADL Staff
- CV Writing Help, Tips and Advice