Call us: +44 (0)1227 789 649 - Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm
Turf Care 800 Hours Advanced Diploma
Learn About Turf Care
Advanced Diploma in Turf course online. Further expand your knowledge to work with turf! This course provides a very sound foundation for a career in the turf industry. Graduates may find employment in such positions as a superintendent, greens manager, sales or marketing representative or technician.
Course Structure: Advanced Diploma In Turf VHT011
You must successfully complete assignments and pass exams in eight (8) modules, and also attend 100 hours of Industry meetings.
Core Modules: (Choose 8)
- Horticulture I BHT101
- Turf Care BHT104
- Sports Turf Management BHT202
- Turf Repair And Renovation BHT303
- Irrigation (Gardens) BHT210
- Plant Protection BHT207
- Weed Control BHT209
- Machinery & Equipment (Engineering I) BSC105
- Horticultural Resource Management BHT203
- Event Management BRE209
- Horticulture II BHT102
- Engineering Applications (Engineering II) BSC205
- Irrigation Management BHT305
- Soil Management - Horticulture BHT105
- Plant Pathology BHT206
- Landscaping I BHT109
- Landscape Construction BHT111
- Practical Horticulture I BHT238
- Practical Horticulture II BHT323
- Professional Practice For Consultants BBS301
- Supervision VBS104
- Horticultural Marketing BHT304
Please see lesson titles for your learning goals.
Practical (Set Tasks)
The quality of this course is second to none, from the in-depth learning you will get to the expert individual mentoring you will receive throughout your studies. The mentors for this course are:
What have our students been saying about us?:
Assessment is based on a combination of completing all assignments and sitting for a final short one and a half hour exam, in your own location.
If you don’t cope well with exams then you may elect to undertake a project instead. This is a popular option.
In addition, most modules have a Set Task at the end of each lesson placed before the assignment. This is an opportunity to undertake practical work to help you acquire knowledge and skills and practical experience. This ADL feature is an added bonus not found at most online schools. Set Tasks are not required for assessment.
Some courses also have optional Self-Tests which are available on our online learning platform. These are not available by correspondence or by USB, and do not form part of your overall grade.
How our courses work
- Choose Your Learning Method
You choose how you would like to receive your course material, i.e., Online, USB or Correspondence. The choice is yours. You may also work on online or offline.
- Tutor Allocation
Every student is assigned their own dedicated tutor who is an expert in their subject area. They provide as much or as little individual contact as you require. You can contact your tutor whenever you need – your hours are not limited.
- Feedback and Assignments
Tutor Feedback is an essential component in helping you understand the subject matter. Tutor feedback is given in the form of notes written on the assignment. We encourage you to contact your Tutor where help with clarification and understanding of course material may be required.
Your assignments are located at the end of each lesson. You submit them for marking whenever you are ready. There is no time limit.
- Set Tasks and Self-Tests
Most modules have a Set Task at the end of each lesson before for the assignment. This is where you get the opportunity to undertake practical work to help you acquire knowledge, skills and practical experience. Many modules also have short Self-Tests.
Once all assignments have been completed you may then elect to sit for a one and half hour exam in your own location. If you prefer not to take the exam you do have the option to undertake a project instead.
Once the exam or project part of the course is completed, your Certificate is then processed. Please allow approximately 4 weeks for this.
- Design Your Own Qualification
ADL offers students the flexibility to self-design their own qualification – bundling together a combination of 100-hour modules into a qualification higher than a certificate.
What your tuition fees include
- All Course Material via Online, USB or Correspondence
- Assignments Marked
- Professional Tutor Feedback
- Set Tasks - Practical Exercises to help you develop skills
- Self-Tests – multiple choice questions at the end of lessons in most modules
- Unlimited Personal Tutor Support – via our student classroom
- Committed and Friendly Admin Support – vital to your success
- ADL Ebook where relevant
- All ADL Exam or Project fees (exception RHS exams)
- Qualification Certificate
- Official Transcript with assignment grades
- Student Manual
- Academic Writing course (optional - 10 hours only)
- Critical Thinking course (optional - 10 hours only)
- Job Seekers Careers Guide
- Study Tips on How To Study Better
- Career Counselling by ADL Staff
- CV Writing Help, Tips and Advice