Project Management eBook
Ask a question
Project Management eBook
Providing a comprehensive guide to the fundamentals, Project Management will explain in six chapters how to plan and manage a project of any scale across any industry.
Project Managementby John Mason
Project Management eBook course online. Project management is something that a lot of people do, while not really understanding that this is what they are doing.
In the world of commerce; project management is a skill that can be refined and improved upon through reading, study and experience.
This ebook is designed to help improve your capacity to manage any type of project in any type of industry. It may be read as a stand alone book; used as something to refer to during the process of managing projects, or used as a complementary reference to help enhance the overall learning experience when studying a project management course.
CHAPTER 1 NATURE AND SCOPE OF PROJECT MANAGEMENT
- The role of a project manager
- Characteristics of a project
- Stages of a project
- Where is project management applied?
- Project identification
- Who is not suitable?
- People that bring personal problems to work
- Understanding the interested parties
- Types of project management
- Types of project management offices
- The supportive project management office
- The controlling office
- The directive office
- Project types
- The straightforward project
- The complex project
- The evolutionary project
- State of the art
- Complex project management
- New project management methodology systems and standards
CHAPTER 2 RISK AND UNCERTAINTY
- What is risk?
- Some seek risk
- The importance of a business case
- The feasibility study
- Who should do the feasibility study?
- Writing a feasibility study report
- Risk identification
- Types of risk
- Risk assessment
- Identify the risks
- Risk analysis
- Negating risks and responding to threats
- Identifying and using positive risk
CHAPTER 3 MAINTAINING CONTROL THROUGHOUT THE PROJECT
- Tools for control
- Gantt charts
- Using cpa (critical path analysis)
- Work/project sheets
- Job descriptions
- Job sheets/staff timetables
- Staff social programme/activities
- Counselling and supervision sessions
- Assessments and incentives
- Routine staff meetings
- Orientation training
- When and where control needs to be exercised
- Unanticipated problems that cause a risk to achieving goals
- Continually consider where, what and when
- What are you trying to control?
- An example of a project control schedule:
- Nine steps to successful project planning
CHAPTER 4 INTERPERSONAL RELATIONSHIPS
- What is communication?
- Types of communication
- Communication methods are various
- Communication systems and techniques
- Other forms of verbal communication
- Setting up communications systems in projects
- First identify the stakeholders
- Understanding communication
- Active listening
- Communicate clearly to get your message
- Changes must be accepted
- Finding the right staff
CHAPTER 5 THE END GAME
- Phase/milestone reviews
- End of project review
- Reviews are costly
- How to approach a project review
- What should a project review cover – an example
- Keep your final report meetings positive
- Disposal of left-over assets
CHAPTER 6 SOME GOLDEN RULES OF PROJECT MANAGEMENT
|How Can I Enrol?|
"Fantastic Teacher. Well organised modules. Assignments force me to learn and research more so I can prepare well for exams. I really enjoyed studying via ADL. I can now continue study at Ulster University which accept my certificate from ADL". Level 4, Advanced Certificate in Applied Science, VSC001, Stanislawa, Poland.
Its with great pleasure I am announcing you my new job as 'Park Manager' for a 5 star hotel in Reunion Island. Its definitely my courses with ADL (Botany, Agronomy and Tree for Rehabilitation) which were decisive for my nomination. Accordingly, my sincere thanks goes to all the ADL team.
"The course was a valuable learning experience as it provided me with the knowledge and understanding for me as a Careers Advisor. The feedback was very good from my tutor, and allowed me to build upon my assignments that were marked. The comments were very informative and very useful. Well written course material." Andrew W, Careers Counselling, UK
"It exceeded my expectations. It was more comprehensive than I expected and the assignments really stimulated deep study of the subject. Thank you for your guidance. I am delighted with my certificate and will recommend this course and ADL to my friends and colleagues." G Flaherty, Ornithology BEN102, Ireland
"I want to thank you for the course - Hotel Management- I've just finished now. The course was comprehensive and well edited. For sure it can give a new worker in the hospitality industry the basic theoretical and practical knowledge required". Daniel K, Hotel Management, Romania
"Upon completing the Interior Plants Course I was offered my dream job. Taking this class was one of the best decisions I've made, the information I received was invaluable. Thank you ADL". Meg V, Interior Plants, Florida, USA.
“I am delighted to report that I passed the exam and received a “Pass with Commendation”. I appreciate very much the detail that you went into, in the correction of my assignments and I found your advice and extra subject information invaluable in advancing my interest and knowledge in horticulture”. Go raibh mile maith agat! (a thousand thanks!) Colin, RHS Cert II, Ireland
"Although my main interest in Earth Science is Geology I found this course excellent. The course notes were very interesting and useful throughout the course. Thank you to the ADL staff for their excellent service" Barry. Earth Science
"I received good feedback, and had an efficient turnaround of assignments, useful comments and grades to analyse." Andrew, Calf Rearing
"I enjoyed the course and developed a good understanding of learning and behaviour disorders. I feel this will be helpful in my role as a Clerk at a local primary school". The course met my expectations and I enjoyed the challenge of learning about conditions i knew little about. The presentation of the course and the opportunity to communicate with my tutor was valuable. I enjoyed the course so much , I am planning to do another! Jennifer C, Developmental Learning and Behavioural Disorders in Children and Adolescents, UK