Sports Coaching 100 Hours Certificate Course
Ask a question
Sports Coaching 100 Hours Certificate Course
Sports Coaching Course Online: Acquire the knowledge and skills needed to become a sports coach with this excellent distance learning course.
The World loves sport. The World Cup, European Champions League and Premier League attract millions of football fans worldwide. Wimbledon held in June of each year, excites tennis fans as they watch the best professional players duel it out on centre court. And what cricket enthusiast can resist the Ashes series between England and Australia? That's just three of the many competitive sports that are played and watched around the world. Others include Rugby, American Football, Athletics and Gymnastics, to name just a few.
In addition to the elite professional sportsmen and women gracing our TV screens, adults and children participate in sports activities at grass roots level as amateurs. Parents get up early at weekends, to take their sons and daughters to play for a local Sunday League football team. Others get in a game of tennis before breakfast. And running enthusiasts train whatever the weather, for the London Marathon.
With more and more people taking up sport, there is a real need for sports coaches everywhere, with the ability to develop an individual's talent, or the man management skills to create a successful team. This Certificate in Sports Coaching will help you do this with eleven comprehensive lessons covering important subjects such as the coach/athlete relationship, motivation, coaching techniques applied to individuals and teams and the crucial differences in coaching at amateur, elite and professional levels.
Learning Goals: Sports Coaching VRE109
- To explain the role of the sports coach
- To explain professional standards and codes of ethics applicable to sports coaching.
- To explain and define what constitutes the coach-athlete relationship.
- To explain the roles adopted each by the coach and the athlete.
- Explain mechanisms which underlie motivation in sport and apply them to motivational strategies.
- Understand how to work with individual athletes, and methods of coaching them to be successful.
- To understand team dynamics and methods of coaching teams to be successful.
- To explain the athletic identity and its significance in sports coaching
- To explain important elements of sports coaching for children
- To consider the differences between amateur, elite and professional sports coaching.
- To explain different ways a sports coach can maintain motivation in their role
Lesson Structure: Sports Coaching VRE109
1 Introduction to Sports Coaching
- What Do We Mean By Sports Coaching?
- Working with Others
- Focus on Sports Coach
- Sports Coaching Skills and Roles
2 Professional Standards and Communication in Sports Coaching
- Ethics in Sports Coaching
- Example Code of Ethics
- Professional Standards in Sports Coaching
- Good communication with athletes and other sporting professionals
3 The Coach-Athlete Relationship
- The Relationship Between The Coach and Athlete
- The Coach-Athlete Relationship
- Other Relationship Models
- A Two-Way Road
- Coaching Skills
4 Training Roles of the Coach and Athlete
- The Three Stages of Athlete Learning
- Types of Coaching Roles
- Autocratic Coaching – teacher and dictator
- Democratic Coaching – involving
- Holistic Coaching – the global approach
- Which Style is For You?
- Blended Coaching – the dynamic approach
- What is Motivation?
- Needs Hierarchy
- Intrinsic & Extrinsic Motivation
- Incentives and Rewards
- Fear as a Motivator
- How to Motivate Sports People
- Motivating Through Purpose
- Offering Autonomy and Support
- Using Visualisations
- Case Study
6 Coaching Individuals
- Introduction: Sports that are played by individuals
- Coaching Skills with the Individual
- Social Facilitation & the Individual
- Case studies of coaching working with individuals
7 Coaching Teams
- Introduction: Sports that are played by teams
- Building Teams
- Team Dynamics
- Creating Team Leaders
- Motivating Teams
- Social Facilitation & Teams
- Coaching skills with the team
- Case studies of sports people in team sports
- Case studies of coaching working with team
8 The Athletic Identity
- What is the Athletic Identity?
- The Athletic Identity
- Importance of the Athletic Identity
- Problems with Athletic Identity
- How a Sports Coach Can Help
- The Stages of Grieving
- How does this relate to the sports person?
9 Children and Parents in Sport
- Ethical Issues Working with Children
- How coaching children differs to coaching adults
- The Long-Term Athlete Development Model
- Sports that involve children
- Coaching Style
- Psychological issues when children are involved in sport
- Impact of Parents on Children in Sport
- Encouraging Children to Take Up Sports
10 Amateur Vs Elite Vs Professional Sports Coaching
- Amateur vs. Professional
- Case Study
11 Maintaining Your Motivation as a Coach
- A Recap on Motivation
- Positive Thinking
- Staying Focused
- Staying Engaged
- How to Deal with Disappointment
|How Do Our Tuition Fees Compare?||Full time classroom based Further Education Courses - Approx. £5,000 per year - Part-time classroom based Adult Education Courses - Approx. £7.00 per hour - N.B. classroom tuition means you learn at the pace of the class. One-to-one private tuition - from £15.00 per hour - ADL one-to-one tution fees - From £340 per 100 Hour Course = Average of £3.40 per hour - N.B. one-to-one tuition is tailored to your own individual learning availability and pace.|
|Course Start||Begin your learning at any time.|
|Course Prerequisite||None - Our course levels are an indication of the depth of learning you should receive. They do not describe the level of difficulty.|
|Course Qualification (Study Option A)||Endorsed Qualification from TQUK - Training Qualifications UK, an Ofqual Approved Awarding Organisation - Completed written assignments and final evaluation per course/module to be taken.|
|Course Qualification (Study Option B)||Certificate of Attainment from ADL - Completed written assignments only - no final evaluation.|
|Comparative Credits Information||UK Course Credits: 10 - U.S. Credit Hours: 3 - when compared to regulated courses.|
|Course Duration and Deadlines||Course hours given are a guide only. You will be encouraged to work at your own pace to learn as much as you can, with no assignment deadlines or end date by which you must complete your course by. You are in control!|
|Study Support||Personal tutor/mentor support from industry relevant professionals throughout your whole course. Mentors are contactable by e-mail, telephone and through the Moodle online classroom. They provide assistance with your course material, plus discuss, explain and give advice when needed. They will also mark and grade your assignments, plus provide constructive and helpful feedback vital to your success.|
|Suitability for Self Employment and Small Businesses||Our courses are ideal for sole traders and small business owners and their staff. Customer confidence in what you can do will determine how successful you are in getting clients. Doing the job right using the correct knowledge and skills, leads to repeat business and referrals to friends, family and work colleagues. Completing one or more of our courses for the service you have to offer, will give you the tools to achieve this and grow your business.|
|Recognition of Your Course By Employers||We aim to achieve the correct balance between your qualification being recognised and providing you with the in-depth learning, to empower you to succeed. If you can demonstrate that you have the level of knowledge and transferable skills necessary to an employer, you should stand out from someone who has only received a superficial understanding of what's required - Select study option A when enrolling, so an employer can check the status of the awarding organisation for your qualification on the Ofqual Register.|
|Recognition of Your Course By Universities||As you will see on our Testimonials page, previous students have used their qualification from us to get into university. However each one will have its own entrance criteria and acceptance may also depend on your other qualifications and experience. We can approach up to three universities on your behalf with details of our course before you enrol, so you will know whether it will be accepted as part of their application process. Please complete our contact form and we will begin the process.|
|Designing Your Own Qualification||Bundle up your choice of related courses to form your own qualification. Our Advanced Certificates (4 courses), Diplomas (6 courses), Advanced Diplomas (8 courses) and Higher Advanced Diplomas (12 courses), are used to differentiate between the in-depth knowledge and skills you will acquire in your chosen area of study. e.g. Advanced Certificate in Turf Care Management, which includes individual courses: Turf Care, Sports Turf Care, Turf Repair and Renovation and Turf Grasses.|
|How Can I Enrol?||Online by selecting your study option, learning materials, plus payment option and then clicking the Enrol Now button - By contacting us for an application form - By telephoning us on 01227 789 649 (International: 0044 1227 789 649). Lines open 9am till 5pm Monday to Friday, excluding Bank Holidays and between Christmas and New Year.|
|How Can I Get a Pro-forma Invoice for my Employer?||Contact us with details and we will email your employer an invoice. We will need: employer's name, address, telephone number, email address and contact name. We will also require your name, telephone number, email address, date of birth and the course and code you wish to enrol for.|
"Fantastic Teacher. Well organised modules. Assignments force me to learn and research more so I can prepare well for exams. I really enjoyed studying via ADL. I can now continue study at Ulster University which accept my certificate from ADL". Level 4, Advanced Certificate in Applied Science, VSC001, Stanislawa, Poland.
Its with great pleasure I am announcing you my new job as 'Park Manager' for a 5 star hotel in Reunion Island. Its definitely my courses with ADL (Botany, Agronomy and Trees for Rehabilitation) which were decisive for my nomination. Accordingly, my sincere thanks goes to all the ADL team.
"The course was a valuable learning experience as it provided me with the knowledge and understanding for me as a Careers Advisor. The feedback was very good from my tutor, and allowed me to build upon my assignments that were marked. The comments were very informative and very useful. Well written course material." Andrew W, Careers Counselling, UKMore Reviews....