Water Gardening 100 Hours Certificate Course
Ask a question
Water Gardening 100 Hours Certificate Course
Water Gardening course online. Learn to design and manage water gardens. This online course will develop your skills in designing, constructing and maintaining a variety of different types of water gardens.
Lesson Structure: Water Gardening BHT307
There are 8 lessons:
- Scope and nature of water gardens
- What size water garden
- Water supply: rain, tanks,etc
- Water quality
- Siting the water garden
- Evapouration rate, water depth, safety
- Water in garden design: formal, informal
- Edging, Water sculptures, shade
- Water effects: sound, reflection, movement, light, cooling,
- Water life: algae, fish, mosquitos, wildlife, plants
- Water Garden Construction
- Planning the water garden
- What effect do you want
- Matching the effect with the type of garden
- Shape, size and location
- Type of construction
- Using a liner
- Pre formed water gardens (Kits)
- Pond edges
- Equipment: Pumps, lights, filters
- Submersible pumps
- Lighting: power source, DC power
- Lighting design with water
- Pond filtration systems: sterile or living water
- Mechanical or biological filtration
- Swimming pool filtration
- Sand filters
- Diatomaceous earth filters
- Cartridge filters
- Ponds and Watercourses
- Designing a natural watercourse
- Siting a stream
- Water circulation
- Pond design
- Bog gardens
- Reed beds
- Pond management
- Oxygenating plants
- Spas and Swimming Pools: Design and aftercare
- Choosing a swimming pool
- What sort of pool do you need
- Structural considerations
- Cost considerations
- Types of pools: concrete, fibreglass, vinyl
- Above or below ground
- Pump and filtration system
- What shape
- Special features in a pool
- Heating a pool
- Pool care over winter
- Indoor and Outdoor Water Features
- Pot ponds
- Water barrels
- Wall plaques and wall fountains
- Water walls
- Water spouts
- Bird baths
- Cobble fountain construction
- Using water features in a landscape
- Water Plants
- Waterside trees and shrubs
- Bog plants
- Emergent water plants
- Floating leaf plants
- Aquatic plants
- Water lilies
- Plants to avoid in water gardens
- Surrounding plants
- Aquatic Animals
- Conditions needed by fish and aquatic animals
- Water snails
Each lesson culminates in an assignment which is submitted to the school, marked by the school's tutors and returned to you with any relevant suggestions, comments, and if necessary, extra reading.
Learning Goals: Water Gardening BHT307
- Understand the nature and scope of water gardens.
- Identify and describe generic construction materials and techniques suitable for water gardens and pools.
- Select appropriate equipment for use with water features.
- Specify the design and construction of a pond or watercourse.
- Specify the design, construction and maintenance of a spa or swimming pool.
- Specify the design & construction of a Water Feature other than a pond or water course.
- Identify the water plants commonly used in water gardens.
- Identify a variety of aquatic animals suitable for water gardens, and their requirements.
|How Do Our Tuition Fees Compare?|
|Course Start||Anytime, Anywhere|
|Course Prerequisite||No, start at anytime|
|Course Qualification (Study Option A)|
|Course Qualification (Study Option B)||Level 4 Certificate in Water Gardening|
|Comparative Credits Information||BHT307|
|Course Duration and Deadlines||ASIQUAL. Asiqual awards qualifications at levels 3-7, which equate to undergraduate and post-graduate degree level.|
|Study Support||You'll be allocated your own personal tutor/mentor who will support and mentor you throughout your whole course. Our tutors/mentors have been specifically chosen for their business expertise, qualifications and must be active within their industry. Tutors are contactable by e-mail, telephone and through our Moodle Student Support Zone online. Tutors are there to provide assistance with course material, discuss, explain and give advice and support throughout the whole programme. Their feedback is vital to your success.|
|Suitability for Self Employment and Small Businesses|
|Recognition of Your Course By Employers||Finalised with an exam/test|
|Recognition of Your Course By Universities||100|
|Designing Your Own Qualification||10 Credits|
|How Can I Enrol?||3 Credit Hours|
|How Can I Get a Pro-forma Invoice for my Employer?|
"Fantastic Teacher. Well organised modules. Assignments force me to learn and research more so I can prepare well for exams. I really enjoyed studying via ADL. I can now continue study at Ulster University which accept my certificate from ADL". Level 4, Advanced Certificate in Applied Science, VSC001, Stanislawa, Poland.
Its with great pleasure I am announcing you my new job as 'Park Manager' for a 5 star hotel in Reunion Island. Its definitely my courses with ADL (Botany, Agronomy and Trees for Rehabilitation) which were decisive for my nomination. Accordingly, my sincere thanks goes to all the ADL team.
"The course was a valuable learning experience as it provided me with the knowledge and understanding for me as a Careers Advisor. The feedback was very good from my tutor, and allowed me to build upon my assignments that were marked. The comments were very informative and very useful. Well written course material." Andrew W, Careers Counselling, UKMore Reviews....