Wedding Planning 100 Hours Certificate Course
Ask a question
Wedding Planning 100 Hours Certificate Course
Wedding Planning course online. The wedding planner will have a range of tasks from hiring the band, talking to the photographer, finding a caterer, getting low prices for things and above all be very organised.
Couples today dream of a wedding day that is special, unforgettable and goes smoothly without any glitches. A Wedding Planner, can make that happen and a major attribute required as a wedding planning consultant is that he or she can keep calm and stick to the plan, when all around are losing their heads.
This online distance learning course looks at all aspects of planning, managing and designing this most special of all days in ones life - the wedding day! You'll also learn to develop essential skills needed in the Wedding Planning industry, including: management, marketing, basic accounting, organising the wedding party and their guests and event planning. The skills you will acquire whilst completing this home study course can be used to help you:
- Start your own wedding planning business, or plan your own or a friend's wedding day
- Learn the essential procedures that will enable you to be extremely well organised and focused on the event
- Learn how to identify the various wedding styles or type and to be able to advise the groom and bride accordingly.
- Understand the tasks required in managing a wedding event - hiring the band, liaising with the photographer, organising catering, finding the best deal for hiring venues and equipment, and much more!
- Apply the knowledge and skills acquired during this course to take you in a new direction; maybe to develop a hospitality business, such as a boutique wedding venue or work in the travel sector as a 'destination wedding' coordinator.
Included in this course, is a Wedding Planning Checklist, that although can't include everything (individual couples may have specific requirements), is very comprehensive and can be used as a standard template for ensuring nothing gets missed on the big day.
Providing an excellent wedding service means getting a good reputation as a trusted wedding organiser, leading to word of mouth business and positive reviews. This online course in Wedding Planning will help you to get on your way and combined with your own organisational skills and personality, empower you to be a successful wedding planning consultant.
Learning Goals: Wedding Planning BTR104
- To describe the nature and scope of wedding planning and the wedding industry
- Present a client with options and facilitate key decision making for a wedding
- Understand how to handle different personalities and the roles of different members of the bridal party
- Select and manage the use of appropriate locations for and associated with a wedding and evaluate the photographic needs at the venue
- Develop a programme or schedule of activities and events associated with a wedding.
- Manage those events within the time constraints of the established schedule
- Effectively control events on the day of a wedding
- Improve your ability to communicate with, and assist the people who have employed you to manage a wedding; to achieve a desired outcome.
- Prepare to manage a wedding day, planning for all foreseeable and significant contingencies
- Establish and run a viable wedding planning service
- Identify your weaknesses and be able to keep track of your income and expenditures using basic accounting methods
Lesson Structure: Wedding Planning BTR104
There are 9 lessons:
1 Introduction to Weddings
- What skills does a wedding planner require?
- Getting Started as a Wedding Planner
- Types of Wedding Ceremonies
- Traditional Christian Weddings
- Muslim – ‘Nikah’.
- Jewish Weddings
- Buddhist Weddings
- Pagan Weddings
- Legalities: Australia, United Kingdom, United States of America, Inter-country Marriages
- Types of Receptions: Buffet Style, Cocktail Parties, Full-Service Dinner, High-Tea Receptions
- Setting the Date
- Approximate Suggested Plans
- Themed Weddings
- Hen and Stag Parties
- Location, Location, Location!
- Reception Venues
- Destination Weddings
- Renewal of Vows
- Inviting Children
- Slide Shows
- Wedding Favours or Bomboniere
- The Cake
3 Managing People For a Wedding
- The Mother of the Groom
- The Mother of the Bride (MOB)
- The Chief Bridesmaid or Maid of Honour (CB)
- Best Man (BM)
- How to Deal with Bridezilla
- Conflict Handling Techniques
- Advantages of Disadvantages of Different Conflict Management Strategies
- Scenario Examplaes
- Anger: Expressing Anger, Anger Management, Strategies to Manage Anger
- Final Note
4 Managing Locations Associated With a Wedding
- Always Hoping For The Best But Planning For The Worst
- Reverse Planning
- Locations on a Budget
- Photography: Checklist of Wedding Shots (examples): Pre-Wedding, On the Wedding Day, The Photo Shoot
5 Managing The Programme
- The Receiving Line
- The Reception
- After the Meal
- Cutting the Cake
- The Party
- Leaving the Reception
- Those Evil Spirits!
- Set Reading
6 Managing Services in Support of a Wedding
- The Wedding Cake
- Stationary: Envelopes, Save the Date Announcements, Wedding Invitations
- Buying the Wedding Dress
- Wedding Photography: Creating Romance, Managing People, Planning, Moving People
- Remember why they are paying you and the photographer
- Videos at the Wedding
- Gift Registry
- Thank You Notes
- Beauticians and Hairdressers
7 Managing the Wedding Client
- Your Initial Interview
- Contracts and Cancellations
- Setting a Budget
- Set Reading
8 Managing the Wedding Day
- Wedding Planner’s Survival Kit
- Wedding Cancellation: Calling off the Wedding
- Set Reading
9 Planning Your Wedding Business
- Market Research
- Who Will Buy Your Products and/or Services?
- What Do They Want?
- Researching the Market
- Steps Involved in Market Research
- Ways of Gathering Data
- What Do You Need to Research?
- The Research Process
- Researching Your Competitors
- Marketing Tips
- Tracking Trends
- Staying Ahead of Trends
- Dreaming Your Business Into Reality
- Designing a Home Page
- Site Maps
- Usability and Accessibility
- Follow Up
- Getting Experience
- Marketing / Publicity
- Public Relations
- Advertising and Networking
- What Fee to Charge
10 Operating a Wedding Business
- Strengths and Weaknesses
- SWOT Analysis: Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats
- Business Structures
- Types of Small Business Ownership
- Tax and Insurance Examples
- Bookkeeping and Accounts
- The Simplest Approach
- Steps in the Bookkeeping Process
- Developing a Record Keeping System
- Source Documents
- Cash Book (Cash Journal)
- Cash Reciepts
- Cash Payments
- Credit Sales and Credit Purchases
- Credit Sales (Accounts Recievable)
- Credit Purchases (Accounts Payable)
- Bank Reconciliation
- Petty Cash
- The Balance Sheet
- Working Capital
- The Profit and Loss Statement
- Preparing a Profit and Loss Statement
- The Link between Profit and the Balance Sheet
|How Do Our Tuition Fees Compare?||Full time classroom based Further Education Courses - Approx. £5,000 per year - Part-time classroom based Adult Education Courses - Approx. £7.00 per hour - N.B. classroom tuition means you learn at the pace of the class. One-to-one private tuition - from £15.00 per hour - ADL one-to-one tution fees - From £340 per 100 Hour Course = Average of £3.40 per hour - N.B. one-to-one tuition is tailored to your own individual learning availability and pace.|
|Course Start||Begin your learning at any time.|
|Course Prerequisite||None - Our course levels are an indication of the depth of learning you should receive. They do not describe the level of difficulty.|
|Course Qualification (Study Option A)||Endorsed Qualification from TQUK - Training Qualifications UK, an Ofqual Approved Awarding Organisation - Completed written assignments and final evaluation per course/module to be taken.|
|Course Qualification (Study Option B)||Certificate of Attainment from ADL - Completed written assignments only - no final evaluation.|
|Comparative Credits Information||UK Course Credits: 10 - U.S. Credit Hours: 3 - when compared to regulated courses.|
|Course Duration and Deadlines||Course hours given are a guide only. You will be encouraged to work at your own pace to learn as much as you can, with no assignment deadlines or end date by which you must complete your course by. You are in control!|
|Study Support||Personal tutor/mentor support from industry relevant professionals throughout your whole course. Mentors are contactable by e-mail, telephone and through the Moodle online classroom. They provide assistance with your course material, plus discuss, explain and give advice when needed. They will also mark and grade your assignments, plus provide constructive and helpful feedback vital to your success.|
|Suitability for Self Employment and Small Businesses||Our courses are ideal for sole traders and small business owners and their staff. Customer confidence in what you can do will determine how successful you are in getting clients. Doing the job right using the correct knowledge and skills, leads to repeat business and referrals to friends, family and work colleagues. Completing one or more of our courses for the service you have to offer, will give you the tools to achieve this and grow your business.|
|Recognition of Your Course By Employers||We aim to achieve the correct balance between your qualification being recognised and providing you with the in-depth learning, to empower you to succeed. If you can demonstrate that you have the level of knowledge and transferable skills necessary to an employer, you should stand out from someone who has only received a superficial understanding of what's required - Select study option A when enrolling, so an employer can check the status of the awarding organisation for your qualification on the Ofqual Register.|
|Recognition of Your Course By Universities||As you will see on our Testimonials page, previous students have used their qualification from us to get into university. However each one will have its own entrance criteria and acceptance may also depend on your other qualifications and experience. We can approach up to three universities on your behalf with details of our course before you enrol, so you will know whether it will be accepted as part of their application process. Please complete our contact form and we will begin the process.|
|Designing Your Own Qualification||Bundle up your choice of related courses to form your own qualification. Our Advanced Certificates (4 courses), Diplomas (6 courses), Advanced Diplomas (8 courses) and Higher Advanced Diplomas (12 courses), are used to differentiate between the in-depth knowledge and skills you will acquire in your chosen area of study. e.g. Advanced Certificate in Turf Care Management, which includes individual courses: Turf Care, Sports Turf Care, Turf Repair and Renovation and Turf Grasses.|
|How Can I Enrol?||Online by selecting your study option, learning materials, plus payment option and then clicking the Enrol Now button - By contacting us for an application form - By telephoning us on 01227 789 649 (International: 0044 1227 789 649). Lines open 9am till 5pm Monday to Friday, excluding Bank Holidays and between Christmas and New Year.|
|How Can I Get a Pro-forma Invoice for my Employer?||Contact us with details and we will email your employer an invoice. We will need: employer's name, address, telephone number, email address and contact name. We will also require your name, telephone number, email address, date of birth and the course and code you wish to enrol for.|
"Fantastic Teacher. Well organised modules. Assignments force me to learn and research more so I can prepare well for exams. I really enjoyed studying via ADL. I can now continue study at Ulster University which accept my certificate from ADL". Level 4, Advanced Certificate in Applied Science, VSC001, Stanislawa, Poland.
Its with great pleasure I am announcing you my new job as 'Park Manager' for a 5 star hotel in Reunion Island. Its definitely my courses with ADL (Botany, Agronomy and Trees for Rehabilitation) which were decisive for my nomination. Accordingly, my sincere thanks goes to all the ADL team.
"The course was a valuable learning experience as it provided me with the knowledge and understanding for me as a Careers Advisor. The feedback was very good from my tutor, and allowed me to build upon my assignments that were marked. The comments were very informative and very useful. Well written course material." Andrew W, Careers Counselling, UKMore Reviews....