Ask a question
Carnivorous Plants 100 Hours Course
Carnivorous Plants course online. Expand your knowledge of carnivorous plants. These fascinating plants provide entertainment and stimulation to the enthusiast. Nine lessons cover a range of cultivated carnivorous plants, paying particular attention to the Pitcher Plants (Nepenthes) and Sundews (Drosera)
Lesson Structure: Carnivorous Plants VHT107
There are 9 lessons:
- Introduction: Review of the system of plant identification, general characteristics of the group, information contacts (ie: nurseries, seed, clubs, etc.)
- Culture: Planting, soils, watering, pest & disease, feeding, etc.
- Propagation and Container Growing: Methods of propagating carnivorous plants. Propagation of selected varieties.
- Pitcher Plants (Nepenthes) and Sundews (Drosera)
- Other important Groups.
- The Lesser Grown Varieties
- Australian Droseras
- Making the Best Use of these Plants: In containers, in the ground, as indoor plants, etc.
- Special Assignment: On one selected plant or group.
Learning Goals: Carnivorous Plants VHT107
- Identify different carnivorous plants.
- Describe the cultural requirements for a range of different carnivorous plants
- Propagate a range of different carnivorous plants
- Discuss the identifying characteristics and cultural requirements of several species of both Sundews and Pitcher plants.
- Discuss the identifying characteristics and cultural requirements of several species of both Bladderworts and at least one other genus of Carnivorous plant.
- Describe the identifying characteristics and cultural requirements of several species of less commonly cultivated carnivorous plants.
- Describe the identification and culture of Australian Droseras in depth.
- Determine and describe appropriate ways of cultivating and displaying cultured carnivorous plants.
- Describe one group of carnivorous plants in depth.
|How Do Our Tuition Fees Compare?||Full time classroom based Further Education Courses - Approx. £5,000 per year - Part-time classroom based Adult Education Courses - Approx. £7.00 per hour - N.B. classroom tuition means you learn at the pace of the class. One-to-one private tuition - from £15.00 per hour - ADL one-to-one tution fees - From £340 per 100 Hour Course = Average of £3.40 per hour - N.B. one-to-one tuition is tailored to your own individual learning availability and pace.|
|Course Start||Begin your learning at any time.|
|Course Prerequisite||None - Our course levels are an indication of the depth of learning you should receive. They do not describe the level of difficulty.|
|Course Qualification (Study Option A)|
|Interest and Hobby Course Details - Option 1||Your fee includes your course materials, plus mentor support throughout. You will be required to undertake further research (set tasks) to cement your learning and then to submit written assignments. These will be marked and graded by your mentor and then sent back with helpful and constructive comments. On completion you will receive a Certificate of Attainment issued by ADL.|
|Course Qualification (Study Option B)|
|Interest and Hobby Course Details - Option 2||Your fee includes your learning materials, plus mentor support when you need it. Completion of further research (set tasks) is optional, but advisable to cement your learning. There are no written assignments to submit and no certificate is issued. You can change to option 1 at any time by paying the £100 difference.|
|Comparative Credits Information|
|Course Duration and Deadlines||Course hours given are a guide only. You will be encouraged to work at your own pace to learn as much as you can, with no assignment deadlines or end date by which you must complete your course by. You are in control!|
|Study Support||Personal tutor/mentor support from industry relevant professionals throughout your whole course. Mentors are contactable by e-mail, telephone and through the Moodle online classroom. They provide assistance with your course material, plus discuss, explain and give advice when needed. They will also mark and grade your assignments, plus provide constructive and helpful feedback vital to your success.|
|Suitability for Self Employment and Small Businesses|
|Recognition of Your Course By Employers|
|Recognition of Your Course By Universities|
|Designing Your Own Qualification|
|How Can I Enrol?|
|How Can I Get a Pro-forma Invoice for my Employer?||Contact us with details and we will email your employer an invoice. We will need: employer's name, address, telephone number, email address and contact name. We will also require your name, telephone number, email address, date of birth and the course and code you wish to enrol for.|
Carnivorous Plants 100 Hours Course
"Fantastic Teacher. Well organised modules. Assignments force me to learn and research more so I can prepare well for exams. I really enjoyed studying via ADL. I can now continue study at Ulster University which accept my certificate from ADL". Level 4, Advanced Certificate in Applied Science, VSC001, Stanislawa, Poland.
Its with great pleasure I am announcing you my new job as 'Park Manager' for a 5 star hotel in Reunion Island. Its definitely my courses with ADL (Botany, Agronomy and Trees for Rehabilitation) which were decisive for my nomination. Accordingly, my sincere thanks goes to all the ADL team.
"The course was a valuable learning experience as it provided me with the knowledge and understanding for me as a Careers Advisor. The feedback was very good from my tutor, and allowed me to build upon my assignments that were marked. The comments were very informative and very useful. Well written course material." Andrew W, Careers Counselling, UKMore Reviews....