TUTOR FOR ADL
RECRUITING TUTORS NOW FOR THE FOLLOWING SUBJECTS:
- Graphic Design
- Information Security
- Healthy Buildings 1
- Building Construction & Health
- Healthy Buildings II
- Building Environmental & health
- Hospitality, Food Preparation
- Food & Beverage Management
- and many more…
All Inquiries Welcomed! Please call +44 (0)1227 789 649 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
If you feel you meet the tutoring criteria below, we would love to hear from you.
- Tutors can be located in any country and must have good access to the internet.
- Tutoring is on a casual basis and dependent on enrolments. Tutors are paid per assignment marked.
- Although the number of assignments to mark maybe small at the beginning, it can however, build up to many hours per week. This will often depend on the popularity of the subject area.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
We have procedures and policies for marking assignments as laid down in our Tutor Manual (you may request a copy from the Registrar at: email@example.com). This includes assignment and exam marking guidelines, providing feedback and returning an assignment in a specific time period, i.e 7 to 10 days.
Checking your emails and other messages on a daily basis and responding to students in a timely manner, is one of our important requirements. Your quick response to student and admin messages goes a long way in maintaining student motivation.
- Qualifications: Minimum requirement at least 3 years of full-time study, plus 5 years of industry experience and be current in the industry. Exception to this rule is where experience outweighs qualifications (examples: Photography and IT subjects).
- A good knowledge of the subject you would be marking.
- Be computer literate
- Most tutoring is via email through the student classroom or by phone where requested. We help tutors to be as flexible as possible.
- Helpful and friendly Tutor support available through the ADL Admin Support team.
- Be over the age of 18 years.
OTHER QUALITIES WE LOOK FOR
An Encouraging Attitude
Distance Learning tutors need to be helpful and encouraging. Tutors who “smile” with her/his words can make all the difference on any given day when it comes to student morale.
Tutors need to be patient with their students. A caring tutor will contact them either by email or phone and spend time with them, addressing any issues they might have with the course material if needed. Taking time to explain questions and ensuring the student has an understanding of the lesson before moving onto the next topic, is essential, if they are to have a rewarding learning experience.
- Technological Competency
We expect tutors to be competent with IT since this is the medium used by most students. ADL offers IT support when needed.
Maintaining student motivation throughout the course is one of the key elements for ensuring a successful outcome. You, the tutor through your Feedback, play a vital role in achieving this goal.
TO BEGIN THE PROCESS
- Please email your CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org and in the subject box add “ Tutoring for ADL”.
Alternatively, post your CV to: Amanda White, Registrar, ADL, 18 Lower Bridge Street, Canterbury, KENT, CT1 2LG, UK.
- Please indicate in your email or covering letter the courses you wish to tutor.
I agree for ADL – Academy for Distance Learning, to contact me and store my information until I revoke my approval.