EXAMINATION PROCEDURE & APPLICATION
On completing all required assignments for a subject you are then entitled to sit for an examination in that subject. Exam application forms will not be accepted until after all assignments have been marked and sent back to the student.
If you pass the exam, you are awarded a pass in that subject, and a Statement of Attainment will be sent from the academy acknowledging this.
NOTE: You do not have to do an examination unless you want to! (To gain an official pass however…the exam is necessary).
- You sit the exam away from the academy at a location which is convenient to you.
To do this the procedure is as follows:
- You nominate an adjudicator (i.e. supervisor) to oversee the exam. This must be a reputable person (such as a police officer, Justice of the Peace, Minister of religion, academy principal, tertiary tutor/lecturer, employer or manager of a business or organisation established for more than 5 years, or member of a professional association which has an established code of ethics. Adjudicators cannot be relatives.
- Set a date, time and place for the exam (e.g. at the adjudicator’s office or a library)
- Submit your exam application 4 weeks prior to the nominated date.
- We will send the exam to the adjudicator. Ensure you have supplied full and correct address and phone details. If we can email the exam to the adjudicator please supply an email address
- At the set time you attend the nominated place.
- The adjudicator will conduct the exam. On completion of the exam, your work is taken by the adjudicator and sent by him/her directly to the Academy. Please supply your adjudicator with the cost of posting your exam to us.
- Exams are usually one and a half hours in duration.
- Students should bring pens and a few dozen sheets of foolscap or A4 paper with them.
- No texts or notes are allowed in the exam.
- Non-programmable calculators are permitted for subjects like Landscaping, Engineering, Finance, etc
There are no exam fees