Children's Nutrition 100 Hours Certificate Course
Ask a question
Children's Nutrition 100 Hours Certificate Course
Children's Nutrition Course Online - Understand the Importance Children's Nutrition ! A comprehensive distance learning course covering pre-pregnancy stage to adolescent nutrition in depth.
This is an Ideal course for people working with or wanting to work with children, people in the healthcare industry or mothers wanting to strengthen their knowledge of their child's nutrition. Online course was developed by qualified and experienced nutritionists following a great demand. Unique in its kind, available by distance education.
Learning Goals: Children's Nutrition BRE304
Discuss the nature and scope of developing nutrition for children according to their backgrounds and needs.
Explain the various nutritional needs of the mother and father before pregnancy .
Explain the various nutritional needs of the mother and child during pregnancy.
Explain various nutritional needs of infants from birth to age two.
Explain various nutritional aspects of growing children addressing various issues and concerns.
Identify concerns in the diets of children and adolescents and overcoming them.
Lists ways to encourage healthy eating behaviour in children.
Explain some of the common issues such as food sensitivities in childhood nutrition.
Explain causes and guidelines to overcoming childhood obesity.
Develop a list diet outlines for healthy children and special diet plans for children with special nutritional needs.
Lesson Structure: Children's Nutrition BRE304
There are 10 lessons in this course:
1. Introduction to Child Nutrition
- Scope, Nature and History of Nutrition
- Effect of Culture and Family Background on Nutrition
- Importance of Nutrition in Early Childhood
- Basic Nutrients needed in a Child's Diet
- Key things to Remember about a Childs Diet
- Nutrition Tips for Children
2. Nutrition for Pre-Pregnancy
- Pre-Conception Diet - Maternal Weight, Maternal Nutrient Status
- Paternal Health and Nutrition
- Effect of Nutrition of Parents at Conception
- Making Diet Changes Pre-Conception
3. Nutrition in Pregnancy
- Early Pregnancy and Morning Sickness
- Tips to Help with Pregnancy Nausea
- Nutrition through Pregnancy -RDI
- Caloric and Fluid Intake through Pregnancy
- Calorie Demands for a Pregnant Woman
- Foods to Avoid While Pregnant
- Pregnancy Complications that Relate to Nutrition (Neural Tube Defect, Morning Sickness, Constipation, Gestational diabetes, Hypertension, Fetal Alcohol Syndrome
4. Nutrition in Infants
- Formula Feeding
- Feeding for the first six months
- Starting on Solid Foods
- Adequate Vitamin C and Iron Intake in first year
- Progressing with Solid Foods: protein, dairy, finger foods, etc
- Nutrition for Toddlers
- Snack Packs, Small Meals, Meal Alternatives, Being creative, etc
5. Nutrition in Childhood
- Caloric Intake
- Mineral Intake
- Vitamin Intake
- Encouraging Good Eating Habits
- Morning and Afternoon Snacks
- Packed Lunches
- Eating Habits
6. Nutritional Concerns
- Scope and Nature of Nutritional Health for Children
- Healthy Snacks and Re-hydration
- Anaemia or Iron Deficiencey
- Dental Care
- Eating Disorders : Anorexia, Bulimia, Binge Eating
- Fast Food and Junk Food
7. Healthy Eating Behaviours
- Influencing Childrens Eating
- Teaching Healthy Eating to Children
- Health Snack Ideas
- Childhood Food Sensitivities
- Food Intolerance
- Food Allergies
- Relevant Research
- Food and Autism
- Food and Child Behaviour Problems
- Diagnosing Sensitivities : skin test, blood test, diet
8. Issues in Child Nutrition
- PBL Project: Develop a presentation to be given to a group of families, where a child has been recently diagnosed with an illness/disease of your choice. The purpose of the presentation is to inform families and sufferers about the disease, and to provide clear, simple guidelines for dietary intervention to improve health, correct the condition or prevent deterioration in health.
9. Childhood Obesity
- Cause of Childhood Obesity
- What is Unhealthy about Childhood Obesity?
- Guidelines for Child Weight Loss
10. Diet Plans
- Special Nutritional Needs
- Childhood Diabetes
- Vegetarian and Vegan Diets
- Normal Eating Habits for Children
Please note: Each lesson culminates in an assignment which is submitted to the academy, marked by the academy's tutor and returned to you with any relevant suggestions, comments, and if necessary, extra reading.
- Interview three parents regarding the diets (what the children eat for breakfast , lunch and dinner as well as snacks) of their children , they can be family or friends. Make a day's menu for each one of them according to the information they give you.
- Interview two pregnant women (family or friends) and question about their daily diet. Note what they have said and write how you would improve their diets.
- Research for information to make a tasty and healthy weaning mix for a six month old baby. Make your own weaning mix with the information you have gathered.
- Prepare a diet plan for an 11 year old for three days.
- Compare the nutrition panel for 3 different staple foods bought from the supermarkets (for example breakfast cereals, stir fry sauces or pasta sauces, fruit bars). Compare the added sugars to natural sugars
- Do a survey and find out What Australian children and adolescents are actually eating. Write a 200 word report on your survey. (You can conduct your survey by talking to children, adolescents and their parents, by reading articles in magazines and newspapers or by searching the internet)
This course/module will enable you understand all aspects of childhood nutrition and deal with them. It is an ideal course for people working with children in the child care industry. It is also a good course for mothers wanting to understand their childrens nutritional needs and learn to cope with them or for self enhancement.
Your learning experience with ADL will not only depend on the quality of the course, but also the quality of the person teaching it. This course is taught by Juliette Harris and your course fee includes unlimited tutorial support throughout. Here are their credentials:
Juliette Harris - Nutritional
BSc Hons Biology (University of Sussex)
Juliette has over 10 years experience in teaching and private tutoring. As an undergraduate, she contributed to published research on the behaviour of an endangered bat species, though her main areas of interest and specialisation are genetics and cellular biology. After 7 months in the rainforests & reefs of Central America, Juliette began her teaching career at prestigious private school, Brighton College. She soon returned to Central America, heading up a field-trip for A-level students. She has been private tutor & exam coach to a range of students with very diverse backgrounds, aptitudes and expectations.More recently, Juliette has enjoyed working with adults with learning difficulties and enormous barriers to education. Juliette currently splits her time between England and Bulgaria, where she works as a teacher and missionary.
EBOOK TO COMPLIMENT THIS COURSE
Discover a better understanding of food and nutrition, what to eat and what to avoid. Human Nutrition is an ideal introductory text for students and anyone else interested in learning how diet and harm or help human health.
by the Staff of ACS Distance Learning
Human Nutrition eBook course online. It's surprising how little most people know about the human body and how it works. If we all spent just a small amount of time educating ourselves, we would save years in terms of health problems and hundreds of pounds otherwise spent on health care.
Throughout history there has been a vast array of nutritional claims and dietary advice. For example, there is evidence of dietary regimes involving fasting as far back as in Ancient Greece and many examples since of diet being used either to restrict intake to lose weight or to act as a cure for a medical complaint. This book will give you the background necessary to understand these theories and make better choices for yourself.
Chapter 1 The Digestive System -Everyone is different
Nutrition and nutrients
General health recommendations
Examples of serving size
Chapter 2. Modyfying Diet for a Particular Lifestyle or Genetic Disposition
Chapter 3. Foods and Nutrition
Why do we need to know the nutritional content in foods?
Nutrients provided by the five food groups
Chapter 4. Nutrition and Health Disorders
How diet may affect skin
Diet and our bones, joints and muscles
Nutrition and the heart
Diet and the respiratory system
Diet and the urinary system
Diet and the digestive system
Diet and the brain/mental health
Chapter 5. How to Find Reliable information on Nutrition
Sources of nutritional information
Conditions requiring dietary advice
Weight loss diets.
|How Do Our Tuition Fees Compare?||Full time classroom based Further Education Courses - Approx. £5,000 per year - Part-time classroom based Adult Education Courses - Approx. £7.00 per hour - N.B. classroom tuition means you learn at the pace of the class. One-to-one private tuition - from £15.00 per hour - ADL one-to-one tution fees - From £340 per 100 Hour Course = Average of £3.40 per hour - N.B. one-to-one tuition is tailored to your own individual learning availability and pace.|
|Course Start||Begin your learning at any time.|
|Course Prerequisite||None - Our course levels are an indication of the depth of learning you should receive. They do not describe the level of difficulty.|
|Course Qualification (Study Option A)||Endorsed Qualification from TQUK - Training Qualifications UK, an Ofqual Approved Awarding Organisation - Completed written assignments and final evaluation per course/module to be taken.|
|Course Qualification (Study Option B)||Certificate of Attainment from ADL - Completed written assignments only - no final evaluation.|
|Comparative Credits Information||UK Course Credits: 10 - U.S. Credit Hours: 3 - when compared to regulated courses.|
|Course Duration and Deadlines||Course hours given are a guide only. You will be encouraged to work at your own pace to learn as much as you can, with no assignment deadlines or end date by which you must complete your course by. You are in control!|
|Study Support||Personal tutor/mentor support from industry relevant professionals throughout your whole course. Mentors are contactable by e-mail, telephone and through the Moodle online classroom. They provide assistance with your course material, plus discuss, explain and give advice when needed. They will also mark and grade your assignments, plus provide constructive and helpful feedback vital to your success.|
|Suitability for Self Employment and Small Businesses||Our courses are ideal for sole traders and small business owners and their staff. Customer confidence in what you can do will determine how successful you are in getting clients. Doing the job right using the correct knowledge and skills, leads to repeat business and referrals to friends, family and work colleagues. Completing one or more of our courses for the service you have to offer, will give you the tools to achieve this and grow your business.|
|Recognition of Your Course By Employers||We aim to achieve the correct balance between your qualification being recognised and providing you with the in-depth learning, to empower you to succeed. If you can demonstrate that you have the level of knowledge and transferable skills necessary to an employer, you should stand out from someone who has only received a superficial understanding of what's required - Select study option A when enrolling, so an employer can check the status of the awarding organisation for your qualification on the Ofqual Register.|
|Recognition of Your Course By Universities||As you will see on our Testimonials page, previous students have used their qualification from us to get into university. However each one will have its own entrance criteria and acceptance may also depend on your other qualifications and experience. We can approach up to three universities on your behalf with details of our course before you enrol, so you will know whether it will be accepted as part of their application process. Please complete our contact form and we will begin the process.|
|Designing Your Own Qualification||Bundle up your choice of related courses to form your own qualification. Our Advanced Certificates (4 courses), Diplomas (6 courses), Advanced Diplomas (8 courses) and Higher Advanced Diplomas (12 courses), are used to differentiate between the in-depth knowledge and skills you will acquire in your chosen area of study. e.g. Advanced Certificate in Turf Care Management, which includes individual courses: Turf Care, Sports Turf Care, Turf Repair and Renovation and Turf Grasses.|
|How Can I Enrol?||Online by selecting your study option, learning materials, plus payment option and then clicking the Enrol Now button - By contacting us for an application form - By telephoning us on 01227 789 649 (International: 0044 1227 789 649). Lines open 9am till 5pm Monday to Friday, excluding Bank Holidays and between Christmas and New Year.|
|How Can I Get a Pro-forma Invoice for my Employer?||Contact us with details and we will email your employer an invoice. We will need: employer's name, address, telephone number, email address and contact name. We will also require your name, telephone number, email address, date of birth and the course and code you wish to enrol for.|
|CMA Professional Accreditation||Accredited by the CMA - The Complimentary Medical Association. On completion of any qualifying module, you can join as a Fully Qualified Practitioner and be entitled to use the post-nominal latters MCMA after your name. CMA Full Membership is a privileged position and the fact that you have been accepted for CMA Membership demonstrates that you have a clear commitment to standards and professionalism. CMA Members in all categories are recognised as the elite in their field.|
"Fantastic Teacher. Well organised modules. Assignments force me to learn and research more so I can prepare well for exams. I really enjoyed studying via ADL. I can now continue study at Ulster University which accept my certificate from ADL". Level 4, Advanced Certificate in Applied Science, VSC001, Stanislawa, Poland.
Its with great pleasure I am announcing you my new job as 'Park Manager' for a 5 star hotel in Reunion Island. Its definitely my courses with ADL (Botany, Agronomy and Trees for Rehabilitation) which were decisive for my nomination. Accordingly, my sincere thanks goes to all the ADL team.
"The course was a valuable learning experience as it provided me with the knowledge and understanding for me as a Careers Advisor. The feedback was very good from my tutor, and allowed me to build upon my assignments that were marked. The comments were very informative and very useful. Well written course material." Andrew W, Careers Counselling, UKMore Reviews....