Conservation & Environmental Management 100 Hours Certificate Course
Going on from Kofi’s question above, if I was to take 8 courses to make an advanced diploma, on completion would I get a separate certificate stating that I had completed an advanced diploma or would they all just be stand alone qualifications? Thank you.
Thank you for your question.
Our courses are designed to be used on their own, or as part of a progression route to our extended qualifications. Therefore, on completion of 8 modules, you will receive an Advanced Diploma.
Hello, I will like to know the next stage in the studies after completing this Courses. Can it be an Advance or Diploma Course? Thank you.
Thank you for getting in touch.
Our courses will help with your professional development. Each course stands on its own plus you can add to your areas of expertise in a particular field by taking other related courses. 4 courses = an Advanced Certificate, 6 = a Diploma, 8 = an Advanced Diploma and 12 = a Higher Advanced Diploma.
Our courses are not academic courses. They are vocational courses designed to give you the skills to empower you to succeed in your chosen career, through having the right knowledge and skills.
I hope this helps.
Hello, would this course be Suitable for a complete beginner ? and is your awarding body nationaly recognised? thanks tony
This course is suitable for beginners, it has no prerequisites. Our awarding body is ASIQUAL, who are based in the UK and are globally recognised.
Ask a question
Conservation & Environmental Management 100 Hours Certificate Course
Conservation & Environmental Management course online. If your future career goal is Environmental Protection then starting with this course first is the right direction.
In this course you'll
- Learn to manage conservation in different environments.
- Explore conservation issues and strengthen your knowledge of the environment
- Self paced 100 hr course, provides a credit toward a range of different certificates or diplomas.
- For people working in conservation or environmental areas, or anyone with a passion for sustainability.
The course reviews basic ecology and environmental problems such as pollution and land degradation before considering varying aspects of conservation such as animal, marine and vegetation.
"The course text was very well written, and easy to understand. I was happy to see that my head was not going to be stuck in the books all day, but rather with doing research for assignments." Chanel, Conservation & Environmental Management, UK
Lesson Structure: Lesson Guide - Conservation & Environmental Management BEN201
There are 8 lessons:
- An Introduction To Ecology
- Spaceship Earth
- Conservation; Use of Resources, ecological value, economic value, genetic diversity
- Basic Ecology
- The Ecosystem
- Constituents for the Ecosystem
- Ecological Concepts
- The Web of Life; climate, producers, consumers, decomposers The Food Web
- Habitat and Niche
- Humans in the Environment
- Energy Flow
- The Greenhouse Effect and Global Warming
- Climate Change
- El Nino
- International Efforts to Counter Climate Change; IPCC, UNFCC, Kyoto Protocol, Copenhagen Summit, Worldwatch Institute, etc
- A Perspective On Environmental Problems
- History of Conservation
- Natural Resources; Renewable, Non Renewable
- Goals of Conservation
- History from Industrial Revolution to WWII
- WW2 and Post War Period
- International Conservation
- Loss of Agricultural Land
- Loss of Biodiversity Endagered Water Supplies
- Exhaustion of Non Renewable Resources
- Political and Economic Issues of Conservation
- Environmental Damage in Free Economies
- Pollution in Planned Economies Supply of Resources
- Limits to Growth
- Pollution and Industry Effects On The Environment
- Nature and Scope of Pollution
- Industrial Pollution
- Types of Pollutants
- Effects of Pollution
- Nuclear Pollution
- Sick Building Syndrome
- Asbestos Fibre
- Energy Alternatives
- Nuclear Energy, Hydro Power, Solar Energy, Wind, Waste Power
- Water and Soil
- River Catchments
- Water Pollution
- Water Environments
- The Hydrological Cycle; Infiltration, Rainfall, Evaporation, Effective Rainfall, etc
- Water and Plant Growth
- Keeping Water Clean
- Sewerage Treatment
- Soil; pH, texture, structure
- Land and Soil Degradation;
- Loss of soil fertility
- Soil compaction
- Soil acidification
- Build up of dangerous chemicals
- Vegetation Conservation and Management
- Value of Trees
- Commercial Value of Trees
- Forest Systems and Biomass
- Forest Conservation
- Trees and the Environment
- Environmental consequences of Deforestation
- Classification of Forests
- Acid Rain
- Environmental Weeds
- Strategies for Preservation of Native Grasslands
- Animal Conservation & Management
- The Human Animal
- Threatened Species
- Invasive Species
- Wildlife Management; approaches, preservation, conservation, goals
- Wildlife Habitats
- Water Management for Wildlife
- Wildlife Surveys
- Marine Conservation and Management
- Fisheries; stock management, assessment, biomass, stock management methods
- Conservation of Sandy Shores
- The Future
- Tourism and the Environment
- Ecologically Sustainable Development (ESD)
- Framework for ESD
Learning Goals - Conservation & Environmental Management BEN201
- Describe the nature and scope of ecology.
- Describe environmental problems and their causes.
- Develop a brief introduction to pollution and its effect on the environment and conservation.
- Discuss relationships between water and soil and their effects on conservation and the environment, and how they can be used and managed.
- Investigate the techniques of vegetation management used in a range of situations.
- Identify the methods used to monitor and manage natural animal populations and land areas for sustainable species continuance.
- Identify the methods used to monitor and manage natural marine populations for sustainable species continuance.
- Describe the role of Ecologically Sustainable Development policies in future environment management.
- Describe ecological processes and associated sustainable management techniques.
- Investigate a specific environmental problem and provide possible solutions.
- Evaluate the relationship between industry and pollution.
- Discuss principles of water and soil management.
- Select a specific type of plant that is endangered or an environmental problem and submit a case study.
- Explain animal conservation strategies, including protection legislation, breeding programs and habitat conservation.
- Discuss a specific issue that applies to marine conservation.
- Develop profiles of three different conservation and/or environment lobby group organisations and procedures used in promoting their cause.
|How Do Our Tuition Fees Compare?|
|Course Start||Begin your course at anytime.|
|Course Prerequisite||None - Our course levels are an indication of the depth of learning you should receive. They do not describe the level of difficulty.|
|Course Qualification (Study Option A)||Endorsed Qualification from TQUK - Training Qualifications UK, an Ofqual Approved Awarding Organisation - Completed written assignments, plus final exam (N.B. Some courses have Final Project alternative).|
|Course Qualification (Study Option B)||Certificate of Attainment from ADL - Completed written assignments only - no final exam.|
|Comparative Credits Information||UK Course Credits: 10 - U.S. Credit Hours: 3 - when compared to regulated courses.|
|Course Duration and Deadlines||100 hours approx. Course hours given are a guide only. Work at your own pace with no assignment deadlines or completion date. You are in control!|
|Study Support||Personal tutor/mentor support from industry relevant professionals throughout your whole course. Mentors are contactable by e-mail, telephone and through the online classroom. They provide assistance with your course material, plus discuss, explain and give advice when needed.|
|Suitability for Self Employment and Small Businesses||Our courses are ideal for sole traders and small business owners and their staff. Customer confidence in what you can do will determine how successful you are in getting clients. Completing one or more of our courses for the service you have to offer, will give you the tools to grow your business.|
|Recognition of Your Course By Employers||We aim to achieve the correct balance between your qualification being recognised and providing you with the in-depth learning, to empower you to succeed. Select study option A when enrolling, so an employer can check the status of the awarding organisation for your qualification on the Ofqual Register.|
|Recognition of Your Course By Universities||Previous students have used their qualification to get into university. However each one will have its own entrance criteria and acceptance may also depend on your other qualifications and experience.|
|Designing Your Own Qualification||Bundle up your choice of related courses to form your own qualification. Choose from a Diploma (6 courses), Advanced Diploma (8 courses) and Higher Advanced Diploma (12 courses.|
|How Can I Enrol?||Online via eCommerce, by completing our Online Application Form, or by calling us on +44 (0) 1227 789 649. Lines open 9am till 5pm Monday to Friday, excluding Bank Holidays and between Christmas and New Year.|
|How Can I Get a Pro-forma Invoice for my Employer?||Contact us with details and we will email your employer an invoice. We will need: employer's name, address, telephone number, email address and contact name. We will also require your name, telephone number, email address, date of birth and the course and code you wish to enrol for.|
"Fantastic Teacher. Well organised modules. Assignments force me to learn and research more so I can prepare well for exams. I really enjoyed studying via ADL. I can now continue study at Ulster University which accept my certificate from ADL". Level 4, Advanced Certificate in Applied Science, VSC001, Stanislawa, Poland.
Its with great pleasure I am announcing you my new job as 'Park Manager' for a 5 star hotel in Reunion Island. Its definitely my courses with ADL (Botany, Agronomy and Trees for Rehabilitation) which were decisive for my nomination. Accordingly, my sincere thanks goes to all the ADL team.
"The course was a valuable learning experience as it provided me with the knowledge and understanding for me as a Careers Advisor. The feedback was very good from my tutor, and allowed me to build upon my assignments that were marked. The comments were very informative and very useful. Well written course material." Andrew W, Careers Counselling, UKMore Reviews....