ICB Level 4 Certificate in Advanced Bookkeeping and Accounts ABA8 & ABA9
I have completed level three (manual and computerised) with yourselves, is this level computerised? If so would a Sage Instant training package be enough to complete? Regards Sue
Hi Sue, which qualification do you have specifically? The ICB courses regularly update their curriculum,"manual" & computerised" are ICB terms from two years ago, and so it seems likely that you would have to complete the 3 books in level 2 ICB bookkeeping.
Ask a question
ICB Level 4 Certificate in Advanced Bookkeeping and Accounts ABA8 & ABA9
Our apologies. The ICB Syllabus for this course is currently being updated and cannot be purchased at this time. If you would like to be informed when it's available again, please complete our Contact Form. We will be in touch when the new course is up and running.
Final management accounts of incorporated businesses. This ICB Certificate Level 4 covers the production of a set of accounts from incomplete records, advanced partnership accounts and the preparation and interpretation of internal management accounts for incorporated bodies. Upon completion of this qualification candidates will be able to carry out the role of an employed or self-employed bookkeeper, producing draft year-end accounts for limited companies and limited liability partnerships in both a manual and a computerised system within the above limitations.
Before commencing the study at this level the candidate should have achieved ICB Level III Certificate in Bookkeeping and Accounts or its equivalent with another awarding body. Candidates must hold valid student registration, or valid Associate Membership.
One timed home-based online assessment and one timed centre-based assessment.
Availability - Immediate in every week of the year.
Limits of the qualification:- This qualification covers the production of internal management accounts only. Those who wish to prepare sets of accounts for directors’ signatures under Financial Reporting Standards (both UK and International) should successfully compete this qualification and then take the Level IV Unit in Financial Reporting.
Employment Opportunities: Self- Employed Bookkeeper / Senior Employed Bookkeeper
ICB Level III Certificate in Bookkeeping and Accounting or its equivalent with another awarding body. If you're not sure please contact one of our Course Advisors on +44 (0)1227 789 649
All course material follows the New 2014 ICB syllabus
- Prepare a set of accounts for an organisation from incomplete records
- Prepare a set of final accounts for a limited company for internal management purposes
- Prepare a set of final accounts for a limited liability partnership (income statement and balance sheet only – the preparation of notes will not be tested).
- Adjust the capital share of partners in the event of a change of partnership profit sharing ratio
- Interpret financial statements by calculating and explaining ratios for profitability and liquidity
Assessment and Grading
The testing of knowledge and skills for this qualification will comprise two online assessments, one of which will be taken in the candidate’s home of place of work, the other of which will be taken at an external ICB centre.
Tution Fee: £450
Duration: allow approxiametly 130 hours.
What's Included - all inclusive:
- All course material Professionally written focusing on the ICB syallabus with userfriendly online access and downloadable.
- Additonal Learning Resources
- Your own industry experienced Personal Bookkeeping Tutor contactable t anytime by phone and email. Paul Evans brings over 20 years experience in the bookkeeping profession and specialises in Manual bookeeping. He is responsible for ensuring students pass ICB first time round. Nick Howarth, expertise is in Computersied and Payroll bookkeeping. Through his committment and dedication to teaching Bookkeeping he is able to help his studnets achieve Distinction in their exams. See below for tutors profile.
- Assignments are at the end of each unit and are marked and graded with essential feedback from your Personal Tutor in short time.
- Access to our ADL's Moodle Tutor Support System allowing students to access additonal learning resources
- Exam practice
- One ICB Mock Exam online download
- Unlimited contact and support from your Personal Tutor and ADL Admin – vital to your success
- Sage Instant Accounts (applicabe to B3)
- ICB Student Registration fee (first 12 months membership of the ICB)
- ICB Assessments (exam fees - 2 exams - 1 online and 1 centre based)
- Transcript of your grades and course work completed - great for using at job interviews
- ADL Certificate in addition to the ICB CertificateThere are no hidden costs
Course Structure: ICB Level IV Certificate in Advanced Bookkeeping and Accounts
There are 2 modules in this course: ABA8 and ABA9
Paper ABA8 – Final management accounts of incorporated businesses
Home /place of work based assessment to include:
- Final accounts including adjustments for a limited company (internal management accounts format only)
- Limited liability partnerships
- incomplete records
- partnership profit sharing ratios
- calculation and interpretation of ratios
- testing in a computerised accounts system for any and/or all of the above
Paper ABA9 – Level IV External Assessment
A single assessment to be taken at an external ICB centre will be a mixture of multl-choice and data entry questions which will cover all elements of the syllabus
This full qualification will be graded at Distinction with Honours, Distinction, Merit, Pass or Fail
Both the test and the examination must be successfully achieved to gain the full qualification.
Once all tests have been successfully completed a final certificate can be applied for and will be will be graded at Distinction with Honours, Distinction, Merit or Pass. Unit results will be aggregated. To achieve the relevant grade in the full qualification, the following aggregate marks must be achieved:
Designated Letters After Your Name: MICB
Successful completion of the ICB Level IV Certificate in Advanced Bookkeeping and Account allows you to upgrade to Member of the ICB and the award of the designatory letters MICB may be used after your name.
CAPM, MICB, CB.Dip, PM.Dip, AMCollT, BSYA (Cl. Fit.)
Paul brings three decades of real world business and bookkeeping expertise. His bookkeeping and business experiences include many international Project Management programmes, Directorships, Managerial positions and bookkeeping services. Pauls' active participation in the bookkeeping profession ensures he is up-to-date with current accounting practices. He is a full member of the ICB. His international business background and role as a business counsellor, is an added bonus when helping students persue their bookkeeping career. Pauls friendly, helpful and motivating personality is a contributing factor in helping many students achieve Distinction in their ICB exams.
Bsc, (Hons) Computer Studies 1st class, (Southampton University), Prince 2 Practitioner Qualified,
ITIL Foundation Certificate, Diploma in Bookkeeping ICB Level 3, Diploma in Payroll Management
ICB Level 3. ICB examiner.
Nick's business and bookkeeping experience in IT, Management and Bookkeeping expands over 20 years. His various positions held with Hewlett Packard include: Software Development Engineer, Support, Engineer, Technical Account Manager, Manager Response Centre and Support & Operations Manager for Sirenic Ltd. In addition to his extensive IT and bookkeeping career, Nick is also the Director of Southhampton Bookkeeping Ltd providing bookkeeping services to clients and also tutoring students for the ICB exams. He is also an ICB examiner.
|How Do Our Tuition Fees Compare?|
|Course Prerequisite||ICB Level 3 Certificate in Bookkeeping and Accounting or its equivalent with another awarding body.|
|Course Qualification (Study Option A)|
|Course Qualification (Study Option B)||ICB Level 4 Certificate in Advanced Bookkeeping and Accounting|
|Comparative Credits Information||ABA8 ABA9|
|Course Duration and Deadlines|
|Suitability for Self Employment and Small Businesses|
|Recognition of Your Course By Employers|
|Recognition of Your Course By Universities||130|
|Designing Your Own Qualification|
|How Can I Enrol?|
|How Can I Get a Pro-forma Invoice for my Employer?|
"Fantastic Teacher. Well organised modules. Assignments force me to learn and research more so I can prepare well for exams. I really enjoyed studying via ADL. I can now continue study at Ulster University which accept my certificate from ADL". Level 4, Advanced Certificate in Applied Science, VSC001, Stanislawa, Poland.
Its with great pleasure I am announcing you my new job as 'Park Manager' for a 5 star hotel in Reunion Island. Its definitely my courses with ADL (Botany, Agronomy and Trees for Rehabilitation) which were decisive for my nomination. Accordingly, my sincere thanks goes to all the ADL team.
"The course was a valuable learning experience as it provided me with the knowledge and understanding for me as a Careers Advisor. The feedback was very good from my tutor, and allowed me to build upon my assignments that were marked. The comments were very informative and very useful. Well written course material." Andrew W, Careers Counselling, UKMore Reviews....