Design Your Own Course
Can't find the certificate/diploma your looking for? Not all educational institutions certificates/diplomas meet everyone's needs. The opportunity to design your own certificate / diploma at ADL (subject to our approval) is an added bonus not found at other colleges. It's a very popular option and widely used by many students. You can choose any combination of subjects offered within the guidelines.
Some major advantages of designing your own certificate / diploma include:
- A qualification that is more focused to your needs and goals can be a distinct advantage over your competition in business or the workplace.
- Employers are usually impressed by qualifications that are up-to-date, unique and relevant to their industry.
- You avoid studying subjects which are irrelevant or less relevant to you.
- Obtain an education which is different to most people you are likely to encounter in your working life.
ADL offers two ways to complete certificates and higher qualifications:
- Enrol in a standard online course, individual module, certificate or diploma. The structure of these courses and programs is fully laid down, and students may only need to elect a major area of study. Standard courses are listed throughout the website and handbook.
- Design your own Certificate/Diploma. This gives students who have a very specific goal in mind the flexibility to put together a program that meets their needs.
Details on designing your course are as follows:
- You may choose any combination of subjects offered within the guidelines and discipline of choice. You can start out with one module first, then add other modules as you progress. When enroling it is not necessary to decide up front what modules you wish to be committed to. We recommend students make a committment as to what modules they wish to further undertake, at the end of the completion of the first module - this will of course be subject to approval.
Students who are unsure as to which modules to choose, should seek first the advice and guidance of our academic staff.
- Letter of Achievement: Individual module (no exams)
- Certificate: 1 module - 100 hours
- Proficiency Certificate: 2 modules - 200 hours
- Advanced Certificate: 4 modules – 400 hours
- Diploma: 6 modules - 600 hours
- Advanced Diploma: 8 modules - 800 hours
- Higher Adv Diploma: 12 modules - 1200 hours
How Does it Work
There are four (4) simple steps to follow:
Sample Email Template
- Farm Management
- Animal Health Care
- Agricultural Marketing