Home Vegetable Growing 100 Hours Course
Ask a question
Home Vegetable Growing 100 Hours Course
Home Vegetable Growing course online. Grow your own delicious vegetables! Learn how to grow delicious, fresh, healthy vegetables simply at home. You will learn such things as how to build a veggie garden, cultivation and planting, the main vegetables, how to make compost, pest, disease and weed control, hydroponic and greenhouse growing, herbs and uncommon vegetable varieties, watering and irrigation systems, harvesting, storing and using vegetables.
Lesson Structure: Home Vegetable Growing AHT102
There are 8 lessons:
- Cultivation and Planting
- Review of Major Vegetable Varieties
- Pest, Disease and Weed Control
- Hydroponic and Greenhouse Growing
- Lesser Grown Varieties and Herbs
- Harvesting, Storing and Using Vegetables
Learning Goals: Home Vegetable Growing AHT102
- Identify a range of different vegetables
- Determine sources and significance for information on vegetable growing
- Describe the planting and cultivation of a range of different vegetables.
- Describe production of some of the varieties of vegetable which are widely and commonly grown by home gardeners.
- Evaluate and determine treatments for a range of common pest, disease and weed problems that affect vegetables
- Determine and describe methods for producing a range of vegetable crops out of season.
- Describe production of some of the varieties of vegetable which are less commonly grown by home gardeners.
- Determine and describe ways of managing the water needs of vegetables in a home garden.
- Describe when and how to harvest different types of vegetable crops.
- Describe a range of methods for storing and using vegetables after harvest.
- Compile a resource file of organisations related to home vegetable growing
- Compile reviews of sixteen different vegetables suitable for growing at home
- Carry out basic soil tests on two different soils
- Obtain or make up a propagating mix
- Make a vegetable garden
- Identify weed species in a vegetable garden and suggest control methods
- Make notes about pests and diseases in a home vegetable garden
- Contact several chemical suppliers and obtain brochures or technical information sheets on weedicides and pesticides appropriate for use on vegetable crops
- Contact a few greenhouse companies and obtain both literature and current prices
- Either write to or visit a company (or companies) which supply irrigation equipment.
- Obtain catalogues, brochures, etc
- Try drying, bottling or freezing a vegetable you have not preserved before.
- List 20 different vegetables with information about their culture and harvest
|How Do Our Tuition Fees Compare?||Full time classroom based Further Education Courses - Approx. £5,000 per year - Part-time classroom based Adult Education Courses - Approx. £7.00 per hour - N.B. classroom tuition means you learn at the pace of the class. One-to-one private tuition - from £15.00 per hour - ADL one-to-one tution fees - From £340 per 100 Hour Course = Average of £3.40 per hour - N.B. one-to-one tuition is tailored to your own individual learning availability and pace.|
|Course Start||Begin your learning at any time.|
|Course Qualification (Study Option A)|
|Interest and Hobby Course Details - Option 1||Your fee includes your course materials, plus mentor support throughout. You will be required to undertake further research (set tasks) to cement your learning and then to submit written assignments. These will be marked and graded by your mentor and then sent back with helpful and constructive comments. On completion you will receive a Certificate of Attainment issued by ADL.|
|Course Qualification (Study Option B)||Certificate of Attainment from ADL - Completed written assignments only - no final evaluation.|
|Interest and Hobby Course Details - Option 2||Your fee includes your learning materials, plus mentor support when you need it. Completion of further research (set tasks) is optional, but advisable to cement your learning. There are no written assignments to submit and no certificate is issued. You can change to option 1 at any time by paying the £100 difference.|
|Comparative Credits Information|
|Course Duration and Deadlines||Course hours given are a guide only. You will be encouraged to work at your own pace to learn as much as you can, with no assignment deadlines or end date by which you must complete your course by. You are in control!|
|Study Support||Personal tutor/mentor support from industry relevant professionals throughout your whole course. Mentors are contactable by e-mail, telephone and through the Moodle online classroom. They provide assistance with your course material, plus discuss, explain and give advice when needed. They will also mark and grade your assignments, plus provide constructive and helpful feedback vital to your success.|
|Suitability for Self Employment and Small Businesses|
|Recognition of Your Course By Employers|
|Recognition of Your Course By Universities|
|Designing Your Own Qualification|
|How Can I Enrol?||Online by selecting your study option, learning materials, plus payment option and then clicking the Enrol Now button - By contacting us for an application form - By telephoning us on 01227 789 649 (International: 0044 1227 789 649). Lines open 9am till 5pm Monday to Friday, excluding Bank Holidays and between Christmas and New Year.|
|How Can I Get a Pro-forma Invoice for my Employer?|
"Fantastic Teacher. Well organised modules. Assignments force me to learn and research more so I can prepare well for exams. I really enjoyed studying via ADL. I can now continue study at Ulster University which accept my certificate from ADL". Level 4, Advanced Certificate in Applied Science, VSC001, Stanislawa, Poland.
Its with great pleasure I am announcing you my new job as 'Park Manager' for a 5 star hotel in Reunion Island. Its definitely my courses with ADL (Botany, Agronomy and Trees for Rehabilitation) which were decisive for my nomination. Accordingly, my sincere thanks goes to all the ADL team.
"The course was a valuable learning experience as it provided me with the knowledge and understanding for me as a Careers Advisor. The feedback was very good from my tutor, and allowed me to build upon my assignments that were marked. The comments were very informative and very useful. Well written course material." Andrew W, Careers Counselling, UKMore Reviews....