Call us: +44 (0)1227 789 649 - Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm
Strategic Management - 100 Hours Certificate Course
Learn About Strategic Management
Strategic Planning is a vital ingredient to decision making within a business. This course helps you to understand:-
how to effectively manage a business and what you need to do to conduct a strategic plan.
Learn and Develop Better Strategies to Optimise Future Performance.
Help prevent and avoid unforeseen disasters in the management of businesses or other organisations.
Insulate your organisation against problems before they become apparent.
How this course can benefit you?
- Those who need to plan ahead for a more successful organisation
- Decision Makers, Managers, business owners, coaches (business, life, sports), leaders
- Students, consultants, teachers – anyone wanting to refresh or sharpen their management skills
There are 9 Lessons:
- Nature and Scope of Strategic Management
- What is the Difference between Strategy & Strategic Management?
- The Importance Of Strategic Planning
- Mintzberg’s Five P’s
- How can you Use Mintzberg’s Approach?
- What Strategies Are There?
- Views of Strategy
- Levels of Decisions
- Strategic (Corporate) Level Decisions
- Tactical (Business) Level Decisions
- Operational (Functional) Level Decisions
- Where Do You Start?
- Analysis of your external environment and resource capabilities.
- Identify your mission statement.
- Identify a vision for the future.
- What are your core values and guiding principles?
- What are your long term goals and SMART objectives?
- An action plan with timelines.
- Develop a communication plan.
- Develop and implementation and monitoring plan.
2. The External Environment
- Why Analyse the External Environment?
- Tools of Analysis – Macro Environment
- Pestle Analysis
- Porter’s Five Forces
- Bargaining Power of Suppliers
- Bargaining Power of Buyers
- Threat Of Potential New Entrants
- Threat Of Substitutes
- Extent Of Competitive Rivalry
- Competitors Review
- Competitor Profiling
- Tools of Analysis – Micro Environment
- SWOT Analysis
3. The Internal Environment
- Purpose of Analysing the Internal Environment
- Internal Analysis Tools
- McKinsey 7S Framework
- Using and Applying McKinsey’s Model
- Value Chain
- Portfolio Analysis
- Competitive Advantage
4. Strategic Management of Human Resources
- Human Resources
- Staff and Strategic Planning
- What is an HR Audit?
- Components of an HR audit
- Organisational Structure & Strategy
- Horizontal (also known as Flat)
- Team Based
- Succession Planning
- Organisational Culture
5. Developing a Strategic Plan
- Business Level Versus Corporate Level Strategy
- Developing a Strategy
- What Focus are you Wanting to Achieve?
- Strategy Mapping
- Choosing the Right Strategy
- Business Risk
- Attractiveness to Stakeholders
- Strategic Plan Document
- Competitive Advantages
- Strategic Objectives and Organisational Goals
- Key Performance Indicators
- Resource Implications
- Strategy Timeline
- Evaluation before implementation
6. Some Initial Checks
- Resource Allocation
- Who Allocates Resources?
- Gaps In Resources
- Balanced Scorecard & Strategy Implementation
- The four perspectives
- Implementing the BSC
- Communicating the Implementation
- Who Evaluates?
- What Are You Evaluating?
- What Happens After Evaluation?
- Strategy Monitoring & Control
- Creating A Control System
- Types of Control
7. Green Strategy and Sustainability
- What is a Green Strategy?
- What do Companies Need to Consider?
- Creating a more Sustainable Business Strategy
- Assess the problem and define the objectives
- What is the organisation’s mission?
- Identify the available options
- Sustainability and Strategy – Areas for Concern
- Management Buy-In
- Stakeholder Engagement
- Goal Type
- Poor Monitoring
- Lack Of Investment
- Not Aligning Strategies
- Loss Of Innovation
- Missed Cost Savings
- Negative Perception
8. Managing Strategic Change
- What is Strategic Change?
- Why do we need Strategic Change?
- Maslow’s Hierarchy of Needs and Change
- Impacts of Strategic Change
- What Causes the Need for Strategic Change?
- Approaches To Managing Strategic Change – Emergent and Prescriptive Tools
- Developing A Strategic Change Plan
- Sustainable Change
- Pillars of Sustainable Change
- A Model for Sustainable Change
- The Prerequisite Approach
- Building Awareness
- Levels Of Motivation and Desire
- Assess Abilities
- Creating Opportunities
9. Leading Strategic Change
- Leading Strategic Change
- What is Strategic Leadership?
- Leadership and Management
- Leadership Styles
- Situational Leadership Theory
- Life Cycle of Leadership
- Contingency Theories
- Style Theories
- The Blake and Mouton Managerial Grid
- Informal Leadership
- Inspirational Theories
- Path Goal Theory
- Instrumental Theories
- Four Framework Leadership Model
- Limitations of Leadership Theories
- Leading Strategic Planning and Change