Call us: +44 (0)1227 789 649 - Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm
Greenhouse Management 100 Hours Certificate Course
Learn About Greenhouse Management
Learn how to grow and care for healthy plants, edible crops, cut flowers, horticultural plant products from seeds through to watering, fertilizing, and protection of nursery stock from pests and diseases.
The choices available for greenhouses are varied, with each displaying different advantages and disadvantages.
The course will provide you with the necessary skills and information to effectively choose the right greenhouse and one that will be fit for purpose.
Students learn how to produce and culture plants in a temperature-controlled environment and examine
variables such as humidity, light, and nutrients, together with applying effective disease and
pest control disciplines.
In addition, you will learn how to provide the correct irrigation system, fertilization and lighting required for successfull cultivation.
There are 9 lessons: in this course:
- Types of Greenhouses
- Greenhouse Designs for Commercial Nursery Production
- Greenhouse Construction Methods and Materials
- What Type of Greenhouse is Appropriate for Your Nursery?
- Siting Greenhouses
- Greenhouse Benching
- What Can You Grow?
- Environmental Control in Greenhouses
- Computerised Environmental Control
- Growing Systems and Equipment
- How to Grow Plants
- Measuring Conditions Inside a Greenhouse
- Environmental Control Systems
- Getting Plants to Flower Out of Season
- Pest and Disease Management in Greenhouses
- How to Stop Pests and Diseases Entering the Greenhouse
- Detecting and Controlling Pests and Diseases in the Greenhouse
- Common Greenhouse Diseases
- Disease Control
- Temperature Management
- Temperature Control in a Greenhouse
- Heating Systems
- Ventilation Systems
- Water Management
- Greenhouse Irrigation
- Soil and Water
- When to Irrigate
- The Nursery Irrigation Program
- Plants and Water
- Equipment and Methods
- Maintenance of Watering Systems
- Nutrition Management
- Irrigation and Nutrition Control
- Liquid Feed Systems
- Managing Light
- Importance of Lighting in a Greenhouse
- Artificial Lighting
- Measuring Light
- Controlling Light in the Greenhouse
- Photoperiod Manipulation
- Growth Rooms
- Efficient Lighting Control
- Managing Gasses
- Carbon Dioxide Enrichment
- Pollutant Gases
- Temperature Control Systems (Ventilation)
- Automation and Robotic Applications for Greenhouse Production
- Automation in Vegetable Nurseries
Please Note: Each lesson culminates in an assignment and submitted to the academy, marked by your tutor, returned to you with suggestions, comments, and extra reading if needed.